Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

UnderGrace

I was referring only to Atheists and Agnostics. In order to help lead them to the Lord.
Yes I would agree to an extent, however one should not preach hell without the solution...this would definitely be a problem for the atheist/agnostic.

I never knew you were an atheist/agnostic?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Yes I would agree to an extent, however one should not preach hell without the solution...this would definitely be a problem for the atheist/agnostic.

I'm not any more. When I gave up on the RCC and tried Mormonism and JW'ism I began thinking all religions were liars. I hoped there was a real God and met some reformed hippies in a park doing a bible study and started to listen. It changed my life.

U

UnderGrace

I was an atheist for about two months once,

when I told my mom I thought she was going to have a heart ache, so I decided that it couldn't hurt to believe there was a God, so I stopped being an atheist. :)

U

UnderGrace

I'm not any more. When I gave up on the RCC and tried Mormonism and JW'ism I began thinking all religions were liars. I hoped there was a real God and met some reformed hippies in a park doing a bible study and started to listen. It changed my life.
I know you are not anymore LOL

Metternich

Jan 13, 2018
25 And behold, a lawyer stood up to put him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 He said to him, “What is written in the law? How do you read?” 27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” 28 And he said to him, “You have answered right; do this, and you will live.”

29 But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?” 30 Jesus replied, “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who stripped him and beat him, and departed, leaving him half dead. 31 Now by chance a priest was going down that road; and when he saw him he passed by on the other side. 32 So likewise a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he journeyed, came to where he was; and when he saw him, he had compassion, 34 and went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; then he set him on his own beast and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. 35 And the next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper, saying, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, I will repay you when I come back.’ 36 Which of these three, do you think, proved neighbor to the man who fell among the robbers?” 37 He said, “The one who showed mercy on him.” And Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.”

Catholic Biblical Association (Great Britain). (1994). The Holy Bible: Revised Standard Version, Catholic edition (Lk 10:25–37). New York: National Council of Churches of Christ in the USA.

Metternich

Jan 13, 2018
Lk 10:25-37
25 And behold, a lawyer stood up to put him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 He said to him, “What is written in the law? How do you read?” 27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” 28 And he said to him, “You have answered right; do this, and you will live.”

29 But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?” 30 Jesus replied, “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who stripped him and beat him, and departed, leaving him half dead. 31 Now by chance a priest was going down that road; and when he saw him he passed by on the other side. 32 So likewise a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he journeyed, came to where he was; and when he saw him, he had compassion, 34 and went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; then he set him on his own beast and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. 35 And the next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper, saying, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, I will repay you when I come back.’ 36 Which of these three, do you think, proved neighbor to the man who fell among the robbers?” 37 He said, “The one who showed mercy on him.” And Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.”

Catholic Biblical Association (Great Britain). (1994). The Holy Bible: Revised Standard Version, Catholic edition (Lk 10:25–37). New York: National Council of Churches of Christ in the USA.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I know you are not anymore LOL
They/we met under a tree before dusk most every night. They gave me a bible we sang and played guitars and tambourines then shared the word. I started going to Sunday services at the local rescue mission. After I was saved I volunteered for a month. To me it was like boot camp. I was about 24 YOA. I knew I was saved when after I prayed the night before Pentecost the Holy Spirit filled my with joy and love. I've never doubted again. Then I got baptized for real, as an adult, in a public lagoon. After I was saved I volunteered for a month. To me it was like boot camp. I read the New Testament 3x between chores that month

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Praise God nothing, no one, no action or inaction of a believer and saved follower of Christ can ever take away our eternal salvation provided by the Son of God, Jesus Christ Our Lord

Dec 12, 2013
Praise God nothing, no one, no action or inaction of a believer and saved follower of Christ can ever take away our eternal salvation provided by the Son of God, Jesus Christ Our Lord
Amen Star....the words irrevocable and kept are exactly that unless you are a worker for, Cainologist, Pharisee or religionist......

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Geesh......go read the thread...James is not peddling faith plus works to be saved

Paul -->Before GOD <<-Therfore we conclude a man is justified by faith without the deess of the law (works)

James ->> The above faith that justifies and saves a man before God is seen by MEN based upon our works

Do you guys even give a flip about context and the truth.....seriously!!
All some people see is "works" and that without works we have no salvation, faith, eternal life.