Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 19, 2019
Well I know I return with much love for my brothers and sisters, and, by the will and grace of God, I carry love for those outside my spiritual family. I carry heavy, heartfelt prayers for those who purposely try to cause discord and strife in the midst of our attempts at peaceful communication on here. I apologize for losing my temper. I seriously hope my immature reaction offended no one even though it's been awhile. God bless all of you. The spelling has changed but the name's the same. Peace from 50C1AL0N3

longtrekker

Sep 23, 2014
Greetings Longtrekker,

The loss of blessings can most certainly include the loss of salvation. The Lord God is a Sovereign God and He is not bound by our sensibilities or understandings. No one will stand before God and tell Him that He cannot revoke their blessings. He can and has removed His protection and favor from those who will not comply to His directions. Do not be fooled, God is not mocked. Call it maintenance or compliance but it is expected of us.

We may debate what needs to be done but not the need to do it.
If u could lose your salvation – u would. If u don’t believe me just check out the nature of human nature for a while…

longtrekker

Sep 23, 2014
I am not speaking of "good works", I am speaking of simple compliance with God's directions. Complying with God's directions is in no way an act of merit. Peter was not performing an act of merit by casting the net but without his casting the blessings of fish would not have appeared. Correct.
Ok I’ll amend my point from; ( ie. good works) to; ( ie. good works etc.) .

And when Peter, not being in compliance, sank in the waves he didn’t lose salvation just buoyancy - momentarily.

Good luck ‘complying’ to keep your salvation in good order. Myself – I’ll take; He shall not lose a single one.

DJ3

Jun 22, 2019
Good thing the age of law ended with John the Baptist and Jesus ratifying the New Covenant......called GRACE...!!!
Grace did not begin or end with the Old Testament. The God of the Old Testament is the same in the New Testament.
If u could lose your salvation – u would. If u don’t believe me just check out the nature of human nature for a while…
I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Dec 12, 2013
Grace did not begin or end with the Old Testament. The God of the Old Testament is the same in the New Testament.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
Take it up with Jesus and John...they were inspired and you are not.....

For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John; since that time the gospel of the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019

The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John; since that time the gospel of the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it.
All Gods people who have the Holy Spirit are inspired.
But maybe this is something you are not aware of, God bless you

Dec 12, 2013
All Gods people who have the Holy Spirit are inspired.
But maybe this is something you are not aware of, God bless you
False........the word of God was penned as Holy Men were MOVED OF God....that ended with John and the book of Revelation......maybe you are constantly unaware of context or just don't care about the context if any given conversation and or spiritual truth

DJ3

Jun 22, 2019
Ok I’ll amend my point from; ( ie. good works) to; ( ie. good works etc.) .

And when Peter, not being in compliance, sank in the waves he didn’t lose salvation just buoyancy - momentarily.

Good luck ‘complying’ to keep your salvation in good order. Myself – I’ll take; He shall not lose a single one.
This was not my example and I am sure you are aware of this. If you do not want to address my question simply do not respond.

On your own example, you are quite wrong. Peter certainly did "comply", he walked out onto the water as directed. How could you miss that? So what is your point on bringing this up.

Just as the Pharisees misplaced their faith:

And do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father,’ for I tell you, God is able from these stones to raise up children for Abraham. Matthew 3:9

So too can we presume today:

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.
You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?
James 2:19-20

Faith alone theology is a notion without an example.

Dec 12, 2013
This was not my example and I am sure you are aware of this. If you do not want to address my question simply do not respond.

On your own example, you are quite wrong. Peter certainly did "comply", he walked out onto the water as directed. How could you miss that? So what is your point on bringing this up.

Just as the Pharisees misplaced their faith:

And do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father,’ for I tell you, God is able from these stones to raise up children for Abraham. Matthew 3:9

So too can we presume today:

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.
You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?
James 2:19-20

Faith alone theology is a notion without an example.
And context alludes you on almost every post....along with honesty to boot! But hey...keep thinking it is a faith works blend for salvation.......the plenteous in number believes that....bad day on the horizon for them!

DJ3

Jun 22, 2019
And context alludes you on almost every post....along with honesty to boot! But hey...keep thinking it is a faith works blend for salvation.......the plenteous in number believes that....bad day on the horizon for them!
If this is your response, why respond at all?

Whether in the majority or minority the truth reminds the same. Can we agree on this?

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Greetings Longtrekker,

The loss of blessings can most certainly include the loss of salvation. The Lord God is a Sovereign God and He is not bound by our sensibilities or understandings. No one will stand before God and tell Him that He cannot revoke their blessings. He can and has removed His protection and favor from those who will not comply to His directions. Do not be fooled, God is not mocked. Call it maintenance or compliance but it is expected of us.

We may debate what needs to be done but not the need to do it.
2 Timothy 1:9 (HCSB)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began

1 Peter 1:3-5 (HCSB)
3 Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. According to His great mercy, He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
4 and into an inheritance that is imperishable, uncorrupted, and unfading, kept in heaven for you.
5 You are being protected by God’s power through faith for a salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 (NKJV)
20 For there is not a just man on earth who does good And does not sin.

Romans 11:6 (HCSB)
6 Now if by grace, then it is not by works; otherwise grace ceases to be grace.

1 John 2:19 (HCSB)
19 They went out from us, but they did not belong to us; for if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. However, they went out so that it might be made clear that none of them belongs to us.

DJ3

Jun 22, 2019
2 Timothy 1:9 (HCSB)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began

1 Peter 1:3-5 (HCSB)
3 Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. According to His great mercy, He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
4 and into an inheritance that is imperishable, uncorrupted, and unfading, kept in heaven for you.
5 You are being protected by God’s power through faith for a salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 (NKJV)
20 For there is not a just man on earth who does good And does not sin.

Romans 11:6 (HCSB)
6 Now if by grace, then it is not by works; otherwise grace ceases to be grace.

1 John 2:19 (HCSB)
19 They went out from us, but they did not belong to us; for if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. However, they went out so that it might be made clear that none of them belongs to us.
John 14:15 ESV
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

John 8:31 NIV
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

James 2:24 NIV
You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

Philippians 2:12 NIV
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

Matthew 7:21 NIV
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

If obedience is not needed, these verses have no place in scripture.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
False........the word of God was penned as Holy Men were MOVED OF God....that ended with John and the book of Revelation......maybe you are constantly unaware of context or just don't care about the context if any given conversation and or spiritual truth
Let us think about this for a minute.
The temple has gone. The Holy Spirit dwells in His people. We have Gods word written before us.
We have Gods law written on our hearts and in our minds.

This is inspiration to a degree one could not imagine. God speaks to us on the smallest and largest
of things. It is why the elect listen to Jesus and to no one else.

Now if you addressed these issues and realised how inspired we are in Christ, you would not write
false.

But maybe you are just quoting your own inspiration or lack of it, and that testimony may well be true.
God bless you.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa

Why are you so nasty? Do you have NO peace and joy in the Lord? Do you need more of Jesus and the Holy Spirit?💖💖💖