Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Remember David every action,ever word of disrespect,name calling and derogatory remark you make is recorded in Gods records and if you fail to repent will be held against YOU! I think God can fight His own battles and I believe YOU ARE SELF APPOINTED! None of your responses are according to Christ law of love.Jn3:16 For GOD so LOVED the WORLD that HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON ,that WHOSOEVER believes on HIM shall not perish. YOU should be DIRECTING others to HIS GREAT LOVE! It seems to me as though YOU seek YOUR OWN GLORY! Peace and love!
Poor poor dc someone spat in his wheaties! You have called me a hypocrite among other names! I am a child of God,born into the kingdom by the blood of my saviour JESUS GOD'S ONLY SON is exactly who I KNOW I AM,you I don't know so much about. I have as much right as you to post MY OPINION and agree or disagree with whomever I choose! Peace and love!

Do you not see the irony?

Please honest with yourself.

Your "opinions" are attacks

then you claim he is the angry one who is not posting in love.... not sent by God

falsely accuse him of seeking glory.... when he says Jesus gets the glory and not man

He was replying to me when you sent that "opinion" that he isnt sent by God... (which is false... God has used him many times here)

you claim to be posting in love...

but it seems to me your desire to be correct makes you place this person you disagree with under a microscope

then you close your eyes to your subtle digs (wheaties sarcasm) while try your best to shine light on anything you believe he has done "wrong"

how about we keep it civil and don't play games?

I garuntee the further back I go the more I'd find....

and please dont be offended

this is me being a character witness for my brother who has shown a level of patience greater than many through his daily fight for truth

hes not perfect but i garuntee you hed lay his life down for you in Jesus name

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
WRONG MOTIVE ON THAT LAST SENTENCE. Eternal Life is a Free Gift for those who BELIEVE, NOT something earned by your obedience:

John 6:47 (HCSB)
47 “I assure you: Anyone who believes has eternal life.

John 3:36 (HCSB)
36 The one who believes in the Son has eternal life, but the one who refuses to believe in the Son will not see life; instead, the wrath of God remains on him.
1 John 2: 2He Himself is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. 3By this we can be sure that we have come to know Him: if we keep His commandments.

1 John 4:14And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent His Son to be the Savior of the world.

Jesus' atoning death is a free gift for everyone/anyone/world, but not all the world partakes it, only those that obey His commands.
I don't know why you get confused. I don't deny the verses you quoted, i'm looking at them in the context of love and not just faith alone- so yes, believing in christ is important but the idea that loving our neighbors is impossible is not true.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
WRONG MOTIVE ON THAT LAST SENTENCE. Eternal Life is a Free Gift for those who BELIEVE, NOT something earned by your obedience:

John 6:47 (HCSB)
47 “I assure you: Anyone who believes has eternal life.

John 3:36 (HCSB)
36 The one who believes in the Son has eternal life, but the one who refuses to believe in the Son will not see life; instead, the wrath of God remains on him.
1 John 2: 2He Himself is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:14And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent His Son to be the Savior of the world.

Jesus' atoning death is a free gift for everyone/anyone/world, but not all the world partakes it, only those that obey His commands.
I don't know why you get confused. I don't deny the verses you quoted, i'm looking at them in the context of love and not just faith alone- so yes, believing in christ is important but the idea that loving our neighbors is impossible is not true.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Eros is not just lust. Eros is romantic love, wholly and completely different.
It can be, or it can be just plain Lust.

1. Eros, or sexual passion
The first kind of love was eros, named after the Greek god of fertility, and it represented the idea of sexual passion and desire. But the Greeks didn’t always think of it as something positive, as we tend to do today. In fact, eros was viewed as a dangerous, fiery, and irrational form of love that could take hold of you and possess you—an attitude shared by many later spiritual thinkers, such as the Christian writer C. S. Lewis.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Hebrews 4 -

3 For those having believed enter into the rest, as He has said:
“So I swore in my wrath,
‘they shall not enter into My rest.’”
And yet the works have been finished from the foundation of the world.
[...]
10 For the one having entered into His rest, he also rested from his works, as God did from the own. 11 Therefore we should be diligent to enter into that rest, so that no one should fall by the same example of disobedience.

Romans 5:5 -

5 And hope does not make us ashamed, because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through [by means of] the Holy Spirit, the One having been given to us.

Galatians 5:22a -

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love...

[HIS fruit]

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
1 John 2: 2He Himself is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. 3By this we can be sure that we have come to know Him: if we keep His commandments.

Noose, Christ made the atoning sacrifice not for the Jews only but also the Gentile meaning the sins of the whole world but only those who believe in Him can partake His glory. Obedience is only the result of faith and keeping his commands assures believers that they really known Him.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Loving your neighbor is not an impossible task, i don't know where you get the idea that it is impossible love your neighbor.
The Lord has said His command is not burdensome meaning that we can obey Him and keep His command to love.

The Lord does not command you to do anything and then accomplish it for you, if He accomplishes it for you, it will not be a command. But it is a command and we need to obey. How can we be obedient if we don't keep a command?
IT SAYS AS YOURSELF. You do not understand GOD's LOVE.

Maybe this will TRIGGER a memory in you, where YOU HAVE NOT LOVED THEM LIKE YOU DO YOURSELF.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I'm just gonna take my two dogs out for a :poop::poop: and a pee.

Been at work all day.
Spent Saturday trying to sort out the room vacated by my boy who is not coming back from University.

He is doing a year internship in his new church.

So how the youngster of my kids Emma now has her own bedroom.

Taking tomorrow off to get the bederoom sorted before she gets back.

My wife and I have the this whole week to ourselves.
Well I say we have. But still two dogs with us.

My kids have gone to a Newday.

It's a big event for kids.
Christian event.
Three daughters excited.
Eldest daughter is being part of the leaders team.

I'm excited for them.

Soon off to bed.
Is tired.
Two dogs will follow.

Needy dogs.
Love and assurance is nedeed.

They love us because we meet their needs.

Just like God does with usl

Father help us to be the people that our dogs think we are.

U

UnderGrace

It can be, or it can be just plain Lust.
Then it wouldn't be a word for love now would it?

In Greek mythology the two are intertwined.

As well, it is never used in the New Testament as far I know.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
We cannot be any more secure in Jesus than what He has given us through the Cross, and what we have received by His Cross. Dead. We died with Him, and were brought up from death in His resurrection life. Born from above, now a heavenly being yet still on earth.

Now we learn what we are. All at our own individual pace through Holy Spirit.

I know LAM knows this. It just needs to Become Life to us all.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Please, take some time to consider why you have such anger towards him.

He is a child of God.... and if you are too, realize you two will be in heaven together forever.

If you two don't mesh, I'd never ask you to sit under me... I'm kinda heavy.

But we can sit side by side and talk.

Brother dave made this thread to give glory to Jesus

Take a quick glance at the number of posts and you'll notice this has been going on for a long time.

Many who are veeeery stubborn have come here and needed tough love... some have needed a gentle hand.... many need both depending on where they are in their walk.

I am NOT ANGRY at him! He is the one espousing anger,calling ppl hypicrites,salvation losers. Maybe you need to re read all the post! This man is an attacker of those of the faith! He Will Give an account to God. He calls others thoughts drivel and it sickens him! He is laughable!I DON'T NEED HIM IN MY WALK HE IS A STUMBLING BLOCK! Peace and love!

U

UnderGrace

Please, take some time to consider why you have such anger towards him.

He is a child of God.... and if you are too, realize you two will be in heaven together forever.

If you two don't mesh, I'd never ask you to sit under me... I'm kinda heavy.

But we can sit side by side and talk.

Brother dave made this thread to give glory to Jesus

Take a quick glance at the number of posts and you'll notice this has been going on for a long time.

Many who are veeeery stubborn have come here and needed tough love... some have needed a gentle hand.... many need both depending on where they are in their walk.

The only problem here is people seek approval for unbiblical position, but it ain't gonna happen.