Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
If you do not have faith in Jesus Christ and rejoice in the grace afforded you by merely believing in Him, then you are not saved regardless of whatever else happened in your life.
AMEN.......a more sure word of prophecy over experience any day of the week.......

Dec 12, 2013
If you do not have faith in Jesus Christ and rejoice in the grace afforded you by merely believing in Him, then you are not saved regardless of whatever else happened in your life.
AMEN.......a more sure word of prophecy over experience any day of the week.......

Dec 12, 2013
Jesus was very sarcastic when He confronted the Pharisees. Are you saying Jesus is ugly, aside from Isaiah 53?
He was not the only one....Elijah, John, Paul etc.........it is a very applicable tool to bring to light the hypocrisy of those that deny or butcher the word of God.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
The truth cuts and divides asunder.....workers for and salvation losers cannot deal with the word of God in context because when coupled with honesty and integrity it condemns their vanilla cinnamon arsenic laced deadly false dogma.......
Something struck me as odd - "vanilla cinnamon arsenic laced deadly false dogma"

Those who are called the elect cannot be poisoned or killed or destroyed.
Those who live in unbelief, ie have never really come to faith, find their faith, however expressed
can evaporate, which they describe as poisoned, or killed.

Praise God we are secure in His love, the cross and His blessing, covered by His protection and
the armour of God. All we can do is shine like a light in darkness.

Darkness is just the absence of light, it is a lack not a thing to hate, and exists because God is
not present. And you will notice these complainers can only declare how terrible everything is,
rather than how Gods word and promises are light and life to our souls.

So friends, put your faith in Jesus, work out your salvation with fear and trembling, knowing we
are being transformed into His likeness and His love is dynamically at work within us, Amen.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Sarcasm in the world is not the sarcasm of Elijah, but rather pocking fun at the foundations and
lack of reality in someones faith positions.

Sarcasm of the world is aimed at destroying the standing of another by insults and associating
bad things with individuals, where the aim is to accept the derogatory statement but turn it
back on the speaker. Because of its nature it tears down both parties and is not a blessing.

I am sure people come with a good heart, and see their opponents in a bad light, which leads
to this derogatory environment. Anyone who sees Jesus as a blessing, Amen. So few now seem to
know of Jesus or His words, or why so much of the world have been drawn to His words and
His aspirations, for thousands of years. And in truth, when His words dwell in your heart you begin
to see the eternal nature of them and their true power. Amen God bless you.

Dec 12, 2013
Every time you open your mouth you prove that you have no understanding of what people say and or why they say it....the above two posts prove this.....a worldly view, psycho babel and a rejection of biblical truths.....

There is one gospel that saves.......the rest lead to hell and are fraudulent, they may sound good, look good, make one feel good and yet in the end are as deadly as the forbidden fruit......!!!!

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Every time you open your mouth you prove that you have no understanding of what people say and or why they say it....the above two posts prove this.....a worldly view, psycho babel and a rejection of biblical truths.....

There is one gospel that saves.......the rest lead to hell and are fraudulent, they may sound good, look good, make one feel good and yet in the end are as deadly as the forbidden fruit......!!!!
Thankyou my friend. I do not expect you to understand. You are truly teaching me the way of the Lord
through your words and intent, and how we are called to emphasise and share Gods word.

Arguments will never end, because arguments rest on differing perspectives, while the essential nature
of Jesus is love expressed through the cross. And it this you either see or you do not.

When lifes struggles become overwhelming, do you comfort or come with belief.
When we face the realities of all who we love will die, do we center ourselves on the eternal or
in the world, self indulgence and greed.

It is in the community of Gods family, reaching out and encouraging one another, do we find the
love of God alive and growing, and in this I just praise the Lord, He is so good, more marvalous than
we could ever imagine. God bless you, deeply, that His love might grow in your heart, to heal the
wounds and burdens you carry, that His peace might pass understanding in your daily experience,
Amen.

Dec 12, 2013
And right there is why you will never grasp the truth.......LOVE and TRUTH go hand in hand....this NEW AGE psycho babel of sweeping the truth under the rug in favor of embracing each other with love is proof positive of why you miss the mark and why you do not have an inkling of understanding concerning WHY I and a few others stand against this hyper evangelistic pseudo love that rejects the absolutes of truth which is being peddled by many so called Christian religions....

NO ONE can biblically love in a GODLY manner outside the realm of absolute TRUTH and the boundaries found therein.........

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
Sarcasm in the world is not the sarcasm of Elijah, but rather pocking fun at the foundations and
lack of reality in someones faith positions..
Your own words condemn you. There is most definitely a lack of reality regarding your faith position.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Because Salvation, is guaranteed by God "PROVIDED" and that is on OUR part, not HIS. Do it His way and you can count on it. DONT, and HE WILL NOT BE MOCKED. How could that be unclear? Who could that be unclear to? Are you are aware of all the "mays, ifs, buts, ands, ects" ?From what I have perceived and experienced, they ones who are like the Pharisees, ask questions not for conversation but for "entrapping", have a lot of "earthly or manly" emotions that are clearly seen and no "spiritual" emotions ever put forth. It seems that in even general morals of society in kind communications they do not possess, let alone ANY part of Jesus except maybe the cleansing of the temple. Seeing that Jesus did that once, it should not be the only thing put forward to everyone, with the exception of "those they already love" I know there is something written about that somewhere as it is unproductive or something. Anyway, back to some meat, just needed a sip of milk. Thank youl
I was not trying to entrap you at all.

I did ask for your thoughts.
So I was looking to converse with you.

As I could not see a response that was clear concerning returning back I could only make an assumption on what I thought you were saying.

Which was yes they could repent and return.

Hence me quoting Hebrews which says otherwise.

So if you thought I was trying to trap you that was not my intention.

All I can do is talk/converse with you and respond to try and bring some clarity.

Trust me entrapment and to entrap is not the way I work and walk.

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
Here is how insidious it is. They have made statements questioning my salvation, and now so do you. I have not questioned my salvation, nor have I asked them a question about my salvation. But you see, because I don't believe as they believe, to them I can't be saved. You have to ask yourself, is that intentional? What is my church background, how do I know I am saved, was my baptism correct for them? There are all question of the earthy man and its effects can be seen in the scripture you posted for me. Now here are a few I posted that are in question
Here is how insidious it is. They have made statements questioning my salvation, and now so do you. I have not questioned my salvation, nor have I asked them a question about my salvation. But you see, because I don't believe as they believe, to them I can't be saved. You have to ask yourself, is that intentional? What is my church background, how do I know I am saved, was my baptism correct for them? There are all question of the earthy man and its effects can be seen in the scripture you posted for me. Now here are a few I posted that are in question
DeingAnn I admire your boldness. You encourage me to be bold also. I bserved that people who enforce that others must bieve as they to be saved are cults. Its refered in Revelation as the doctrine of Nicolatians: dictator conqueror; causimg people to follow a man that wants to be in charge rather than the leading of the Holy Spirit. Paul prophesied of this, "I know that after my departure grivious wolves shall come into the flock and some will arise from among you to draw disciples after them." These build their own kingdom like the religious leaders who oposed Jesus. In oposing you and oter believers who will not submit to them being in charge they are oposing Jesus. Our old nature desiring to be in charge is lost. Salvation is about being in Christ. Christ cant be lost: salvation cant be lost, but we can be lost as we lose sight of the Lord. These think they own salvation and that we must submit to them or sufer their rejection. Yet Jesus told us we would be rejected by those desiring to be im charge. Those under the old covenant did not think they could be lost and oposed Jesus. Likewise if we dont acknowlege Jesus in the least of His disciples: not discerning the Body of Christ, "For this cause many are weak and sick among you and many sleep." Refering to the sleep of the dead: spiritually asleep from not walking in Love.
It begings with being weak, sick and then asleep: the consequence of sin when finished. There is room for repentance until these become filled with violence, witch is tne mark of the beast, mind control: the mark on the forehead, and the mark on the right hand: to take advantage in transactions. It's writen that "None of the wicked will understand."

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
I confess that Jesus is the Son of God, that God dwelleth in me and I in God
John 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

John 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
I believe in the commandments of God and I do love my brothers, and I hate evil
John 4:21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
I love God so I keep His commandments, so Help me God, Please help me Lord
John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
This is the Love of GOD, KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.
John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments and His commandments are not grievous.
John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
These 3 bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the Water, and the Blood
John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

John 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself
John 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself he that believeth not God hath made him a liar because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
That believe, that ye may,
John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

What happens when you quit believing?

E

eternally-gratefull

I confess that Jesus is the Son of God, that God dwelleth in me and I in God
John 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

John 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
I believe in the commandments of God and I do love my brothers, and I hate evil
John 4:21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
I love God so I keep His commandments, so Help me God, Please help me Lord
John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
This is the Love of GOD, KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.
John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments and His commandments are not grievous.
John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
These 3 bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the Water, and the Blood
John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

John 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself
John 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself he that believeth not God hath made him a liar because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
That believe, that ye may,
John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

What happens when you quit believing?
A true believer woudl never quit believing, God does not give them a reason to, I think it is dangerous to try to relate to God as if he is some human, who will fail us, and cause us to stop believing in him.. A true believer ex[eriences Gods love, and the more he steps out in faith, the more God proves his faithfulness.

If you believe you should follow Gods commands, do you also believe that if you fail in one part. You are guilty of the whole law (james?)

A baby trusts his father, he never stops trusting.. so even a baby believer who does not grow. Will always trust his father..

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
DeingAnn I admire your boldness. You encourage me to be bold also. I bserved that people who enforce that others must bieve as they to be saved are cults. Its refered in Revelation as the doctrine of Nicolatians: dictator conqueror; causimg people to follow a man that wants to be in charge rather than the leading of the Holy Spirit. Paul prophesied of this, "I know that after my departure grivious wolves shall come into the flock and some will arise from among you to draw disciples after them." These build their own kingdom like the religious leaders who oposed Jesus. In oposing you and oter believers who will not submit to them being in charge they are oposing Jesus. Our old nature desiring to be in charge is lost. Salvation is about being in Christ. Christ cant be lost: salvation cant be lost, but we can be lost as we lose sight of the Lord. These think they own salvation and that we must submit to them or sufer their rejection. Yet Jesus told us we would be rejected by those desiring to be im charge. Those under the old covenant did not think they could be lost and oposed Jesus. Likewise if we dont acknowlege Jesus in the least of His disciples: not discerning the Body of Christ, "For this cause many are weak and sick among you and many sleep." Refering to the sleep of the dead: spiritually asleep from not walking in Love.
It begings with being weak, sick and then asleep: the consequence of sin when finished. There is room for repentance until these become filled with violence, witch is tne mark of the beast, mind control: the mark on the forehead, and the mark on the right hand: to take advantage in transactions. It's writen that "None of the wicked will understand."
If God is for us, who can be against us? We are in training for the Lord. The only thing that matters is the Word of God. And that is what defines us and shapes us. Good to see the Word moving in you.
It only hurts where you get hit and you are missing the gospel armor, but it is extremely motivating to fill it in at that point. I hope that makes sense. I have done a lot of good studies in the Word the past couple weeks I have been doing this. The Lord works in mysterious ways. But we have to get in there. Thank you, all Glory to God, always. There is that saying about how we learn more from our mistakes than our victories. Here you learn it all, just try to keep what is written in your heart and mind to discern the good from evil. :)

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I read your post above this morning.

It's been on my mind all day.

Firstly if I am honest I really do not think Mii was questioning your salvation.

I'm confused here @DeighAnn are you having issues with using grace as a license to sin? Or with OSAS in general?
Mii Just a question asked.

And to be honest I wanted to ask that question.

You obviously believe that OSAS is not doctrinally correct.
And you know what?
So do I.
But maybe the understanding we have with this doctrine is different.
I don't even like the term OSAS given how it has been presented today and interpreted.
It's not a license to sin.
It's not an excuse to sit on your backside and watch the world go by.

So I do not like the term OSAS but do agree with eternal security.
I am not a greasy gracers.

I believe we are saved by faith and confession of Jesus and his resurrection and make him Lord of our lives.
The Holy Spirit came to convict us of sin.
Jesus said that this sin was unbelief in him.
We repent of that and confess and believe in our hearts.
Then we walk in the works prepared for us from the beginning of time.

But I do not believe those works save us.

I read a post of yours a few pages back.
If memory serves it was something along the lines of even though we have difference in doctrine can I say I am not saved and vice versa.
Can not both sides be saved?
You have your thoughts what saves and does not save.
One of your posts mentioned baptism in water to receive baptism in the Holy Spirt.
Does that mean baptism saves?
If I disagree am I saved or not?

This is not baiting you.

Correct me if I got this wrong.

Sorry meant to make my response short, but gone on a bit.

To finish what has been bothering me today is that you feel that you have been judged concerning your salvation.

Maybe not saved or you are not saved.

We can't judge that.
Only Jesus can judge that.

We all need to leave it up to him.

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
The truth cuts and divides asunder.....workers for and salvation losers cannot deal with the word of God in context because when coupled with honesty and integrity it condemns their vanilla cinnamon arsenic laced deadly false dogma.......
What does "Judge not lest you be judged: for with the same judgment you judge you will be judged," mean to you? Dont anser me, Jesus is the one who said this, you dont have to defend yourself to me. Think of it as Jesus saying this? "A spiritual man judges all things but he himself is judged of no-one." No one has the hiden meaning of a name of God. "No one like Him," He is no longer in the flesh and never will be again. The salvation that you think you posess in the flesh, is not in the flesh. You only poses God as you walk in Love. If you dont walk in Love: your going to fall that you may learn to continually repent. God spoke this to me when i was a young christian: taking pride that i was hearing Him, thinking i wad better than others, not realising He was being the Father i never had; fulfilling His word, "He is a Fathwr to the Fatherless," "He is near the poor and broken hearted." I hapen to meet those qualifications but no longer when i took pride. He is no respecter of person. "If any man thinks je stands, let him take heed lest he fall."

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
What does "Judge not lest you be judged: for with the same judgment you judge you will be judged," mean to you? Dont anser me, Jesus is the one who said this, you dont have to defend yourself to me. Think of it as Jesus saying this? "A spiritual man judges all things but he himself is judged of no-one." No one has the hiden meaning of a name of God. "No one like Him," He is no longer in the flesh and never will be again. The salvation that you think you posess in the flesh, is not in the flesh. You only poses God as you walk in Love. If you dont walk in Love: your going to fall that you may learn to continually repent. God spoke this to me when i was a young christian: taking pride that i was hearing Him, thinking i wad better than others, not realising He was being the Father i never had; fulfilling His word, "He is a Fathwr to the Fatherless," "He is near the poor and broken hearted." I hapen to meet those qualifications but no longer when i took pride. He is no respecter of person. "If any man thinks je stands, let him take heed lest he fall."
Paragraph would be helpful

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
What does "Judge not lest you be judged, for with the same judgment you judge you will be judged," mean to you? Dont bother ansering me, Jesus is the one who said this, you dont have to defend yourself to me. Think of it as Jesus asking the question? "A spiritual man judges all things but he himself is judged of no-one." No one has the hiden meaning of a name for God. "No one like Him," He is no longer in the flesh and never will be again. The salvation that you think you posess in the flesh, is not in the flesh. You only poses God as you walk in Love. If you dont walk in Love: your going to fall that you may learn to continually repent. God spoke this to me when i was a young christian, taking pride in hearing from Him. He is no respecter of person. "Blessed is the man who perceveres under trial, for once he has been aproved, he will receive the crown of life, promissed to those who Love Him."

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
"If a man thinks himself to be religious but does not bridle his toungue but deceives his heart, this mans religion is worthless." "Without Love I am nothing."