Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 10, 2019
The HOLY TRINITY is my GOD.

The Father is GOD.
The SON is GOD.
The HOLY SPIRIT is GOD.

THREE DISTINCT PERSONAGES ALL CALLED HE IN THE BIBLE, WITH THREE SEPARATE FUNCTIONS, BUT ONE SHARED DEITY.

The simplest analogy is H2O.

It can exist as a LIQUID.
It can exist as ICE
It can exist as STEAM

It has a separate consistency, and separate Function, BUT ALL OF IT IS STILL ONE COMPOUND Known as H2O.

NO, the TITLE SON, does NOT designate OFFSPRING.

In Jewish LAW, the Father Had to designate his heir before he died. IF the Father was unhappy with his sons (say they were drunkards), the Father Could Designate anyone he chose, instead of the traditional eldest SON. EVEN HIS SERVANT, once the Heir had been Chosen, Had the right as the Future HEIR, since the Father was still alive, TO USE THE TITLE SON OF BENJAMIN or what ever the Father's first Name is. In this case, THE FATHER chose JESUS to inherit ALL that HE HAS including HIS DEITY. SO JESUS USED THE HEREDITARY TITLE, EVEN THOUGH THE FATHER WOULD NEVER DIE, SON OF GOD. Which did not designate offspring, but only a Hereditary Title.

John 3:35 (HCSB)
35 The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hands.

John 5:22 (HCSB)
22 The Father, in fact, judges no one but has given all judgment to the Son,

John 10:27-30 (HCSB)
27 My sheep hear My voice, I know them, and they follow Me.
28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish—ever! No one will snatch them out of My hand.
29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.
30 The Father and I are one.”

John 16:15 (NKJV)
15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

I will give you another example in JESUS: Keep in Mind that with 2 or 3 witnesses, the Passage of Heir Ship, Son of TITLE, could Be Legally passed on to someone else and it would be LEGAL AND BINDING IN EVERY COURT IN THE LAND OF ISRAEL.

Joseph died BEFORE Jesus was Crucified. It was ILLEGAL for MARY to inherit LAND because all women could not inherit land in ISRAEL at that time. Mary's Father was Heli, and he only had Daughters and Mary was the oldest. Since IT IS ILLEGAL TO INHERIT PROPERTY, and Heli had a LOT of Property it had to go to JOSEPH, Mary's Spouse, when Heli died. Thus Joseph's name appears on Mary's genealogy list because Joseph was the legal heir to the Property of Heli, because of his marriage to Mary. Joseph, then had the legal right to call himself Son of Heli, because of that inheritance law. AND Joseph was the NAMED HEIR to His Father, who also had LOTS OF PROPERTY.

So Joseph was a VERY RICH MAN when he died, probably unexpectedly. When there is no Inheritance Contract, it goes to the Eldest Son, which is JESUS, by marriage.

Matthew 8:20 (CSBBible)
20 Jesus told him, "Foxes have dens, and birds of the sky have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."

So we know that Joseph had to have died after this moment, and before JESUS was Crucified. So by inheritance Jesus had PLENTY OF PROPERTY to give to HIS MOTHER, to take care of her, BUT MARY STILL CANNOT INHERIT PROPERTY. SO WHO THEN DID JESUS CHOOSE?
At the Cross were three Women to be Witnesses of the Property Inheritance Contract, which can be ONLY VERBAL, and STILL LEGAL.

John 19:25-27 (HCSB)
25 Standing by the cross of Jesus were His mother, His mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene.
26 When Jesus saw His mother and the disciple He loved standing there, He said to His mother, “Woman, here is your son.”
27 Then He said to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” And from that hour the disciple took her into his home.

FROM THAT VERY MOMENT, JOHN, had the right to use the Inheritance TITLE: Son of Joseph.

WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO EVEN MENTION THE THREE OTHER WOMEN. THEY ARE THE 2 OR 3 WITNESSES REQUIRED, to witness the Verbal Inheritance Contract legal and binding. Can you SEE IT ? ? ? Jesus brothers had not yet fully believed in HIM, so HE CHOSE JOHN to take Care of HIS MOTHER as a SON. So NOW you can see that SON of GOD, does NOT designate OFFSPRING.

That Information came from a Jewish Christian, that is a LAWYER in ISRAEL. He was interviewed on the ZOLA LEVITT LIVE TV show, and I later went online and found more information.

NOW THE IMPORTANT QUESTION:

AND NO, THE HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT THE FATHER OF JESUS. THAT STATEMENT MAKES ME WONDER IF YOU ARE MORMON ? ? ?
They are the only ones that would come up with as statement or question like that.
You can't be talking to me because I do not have the ears to hear you is it not written that Jesus said my sheep shall know my voice and another they will not follow but they shall flee from the voices they do not know I am fleeing from you.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
If you reject me you reject Him who sent me besides all that you are not the one that does the choosing for it is written many are called but few are chosen.
SO YOU ARE A MORMON?

GOOD BYE! Tic, tic, tic, tic, tic, tic. Just waiting till they ban you!

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
How can the Holy Spirit be the Father of the son?
Is not the father the father of the son?

Genesis 1:26
26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Genesis 2:7
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

LET US.

Yes you are wrong.

Father, son and Holy Spirit.

All one, three in one.
Right from the beginning of time.
If he is a Mormon, they think Deity can become a man at will, to impregnate a woman like Mary.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
This discussion for me is so strange. Why would believers not want to walk like Jesus.
We are hardened shells, we stand still, yet we believe. why is it we find it so hard to love, to see Christ
working through us. Because our hearts are so well defended we often end up as intellectual believers
denying the value of empathy and sensitivity.

I do not understand how we can have hearts of flesh, but maybe this is what discipliship and following
is really all about. Unless we actively die to self, carry our cross, suffer pain and hurt we can never truly
understand the reality of our transformation. It is a door that Christ leads us into, but only finds its fulfilment
when we follow and begin to build the house on His foundation.

So though you quote verses at me, they reflect where your heart is, not where God can take you.
The testimony here illustrates this reality, but for the elect we shine. God bless you.
hehehe, the discussion is all about

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Walking like Jesus is the result of being in Christ. No problem about but it seems you have the issue about it.

Thanks,

Dec 12, 2013
MAN...........I broke a tooth in half a few years back in Australia on a black olive pit.....got it fixed and then started having issues with it again.....I have never had such ache and pain in my life.....got a dental app tomorrow....eating Ibuprophen and Nurophen like popcorn.......WOW......my neighbor pulls his own teeth....I am about to call him up HAHAHHA

Not really but I will be saying....YANK it tomorrow.....HAHHA

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
We all have besetting sins? Really.
We all condemn ourselves and are blind to more obvious issues.
We also find it very difficult to not let emotional hurt become true sinful action, and to not
let love and generosity flow, when there is opportunity.

Speaking in generalities often leads to excuses. Saul was told by the Lord to execute a King.
He rationalised his men did not like the idea, and what would it hurt to be nice.
So goes the heart of sinful man to walk in his own understanding and not submit to clear commands.
So an over sensitive perfectionist feels condemned not cleaning the table immediately after a mean,
while a believer lost in sin, has no problems with theft, sexual immorality, blasphemy, joking, false
witness against others. But once the general, it does not matter, both feel justified, while one is
over the top the other is definately not walking in the Lord.

Until you know people and their true lifestyle and heart, it is sinful to allow rebellion and sin
to go unchallenged.

On this forum going from brother you have an unusual theological view, to you are doomed to hell
and not a believer at all, is a big jump, absurd in the extreme. But some are happy to do this like
blinking. Maybe they do not see this is equivalent to murdering someone, literally. Imagine your
words are the Lords, it is eternally taking away any hope they have in Christ.

It is odd that those who say these words claim to be so secure in Christ they could not live without
this security, yet are prepared to use this same insecurity like a weapon. I hope you can see the emotional
hypocrisy involved and simple lack of care.

When Jesus talked about the rulers of Israel, people literally were executed at their word, murdered,
put in prison, abused through the temple police. So it was not a spiritual accusation, it was literal sin
they were guilty of. But here, on these forums, strangers will be accused of being worse than murderers
for three lines of sharing their love of Jesus. This is simply spiritually blind and unjust behaviour, yet
those who speak like this claim the highest authority, which they cannot show in scripture, yet will heap
abuse and emotional statements of lack of intelligence etc. inappropriately.

The only people I know who behave like this do not have a loving heart, shown by the impact of such actions
and their meaning. I cannot get over meeting the Lord being called meeting the enemy. Or loving from the
heart being called hate. I truly am broken by such insanity and animosity for no end, only judgement.
God help such souls, for such hardness leads to real blasphemy and lostness. Truly we mourn for such as these.
God bless you.
Heb 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
MAN...........I broke a tooth in half a few years back in Australia on a black olive pit.....got it fixed and then started having issues with it again.....I have never had such ache and pain in my life.....got a dental app tomorrow....eating Ibuprophen and Nurophen like popcorn.......WOW......my neighbor pulls his own teeth....I am about to call him up HAHAHHA

My last dentist appt. looked like a funny movie clip. The surgeon needed music to do his work i was half dead asleep and when he pulled one out he brought it to the light like a special discovery. And the last one he yanked out which was not painful cuz i was half dead half asleep.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013

Baking soda takes my toothaches away.

Dec 12, 2013
You know.....a few years back my best friend from school died of cancer.....the last time I seen him we bawled like babies and I told him I loved him....I knew when I left that day that it would be the last time I seen him on this planet alive....as my niece drove me and my other nieces back from Peoria Illinois to Missouri with the sun setting.....It was one of the saddest days of my life.....even now as I listen to this song it makes me think of my buddy.....very sad.....very tore up.......dreamed about him three times and all three times he said HI and I cannot stay....... :(

Aug 10, 2019
What are you then ? ? ?
It will not profit you if I tell you something you will not believe if you are going to ask me questions ask me questions that you can believe the answers I give you so that you may profit by it.

Dec 12, 2013
It will not profit you if I tell you something you will not believe if you are going to ask me questions ask me questions that you can believe the answers I give you so that you may profit by it.
You know....people that hide their religious affiliation speak volumes to their character and or being embarrassed by what they really stand for......

I am a LANDMARK Missionary Baptist <---I have no problem saying that......do I agree with everything they espouse NO....I do not, but for the MOST part I do and am not ashamed to state who I would align with....

What are you afraid of or hiding????

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I think it is an abcessed root......I was there two weeks ago and he ground away the old filling and re-filled it, but it has never quit aching and has gotten worse......
Try the baking soda DC....it works for me.

Brush some lightly around the base of the tooth.