Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 20, 2019
Not only can we never be good enough to deserve salvation nor can we be so bad that we can not be saved.

Ephesisians 2:8-9 [SUP]8 [/SUP]For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— [SUP]9 [/SUP]not by works, so that no one can boast.

I feel overwhelmed with gratitude that God has given me the gift of salvation.
but in return he expects, love, worship, obedience, staying true to the word. Saying a pithy prayer and volunteering at the animal shelter will not get you to heaven

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
It will not profit you if I tell you something you will not believe if you are going to ask me questions ask me questions that you can believe the answers I give you so that you may profit by it.
Good Bye!

You are a waste of time.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
From his M.O. my guess is it's the infamous troll know as 'Jack'. Jack the troller. Banned several times but back again to give it a shot....
You could be right, but like I said, any person that refuses to admit what denomination they hale from, automatically gets RED FLAGS in my book. That is a psuedo christian cult tactic of bait and switch.

longtrekker

Sep 23, 2014
You could be right, but like I said, any person that refuses to admit what denomination they hale from, automatically gets RED FLAGS in my book. That is a psuedo christian cult tactic of bait and switch.
Looks to me he just gets his jollies playing silly entrapment games – it’s the same tiresome shtick as always. Not much originality I’m afraid. He must be bored in his mom’s basement – if he doesn’t watch it she may cut his internet privileges….

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
You know....people that hide their religious affiliation speak volumes to their character and or being embarrassed by what they really stand for......

I am a LANDMARK Missionary Baptist <---I have no problem saying that......do I agree with everything they espouse NO....I do not, but for the MOST part I do and am not ashamed to state who I would align with....

What are you afraid of or hiding????
There is an interesting divide here in theology.
I am sure the "LANDMARK Missionary Baptist" are not gnostic with an eternal spirit and an evil
flesh that will be removed by Christ at the end. Free Grace theology is not part of the baptist
movement.

So it can be confusing when allegiances do not declare the theological foundations of individuals.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
SO YOU ARE A MORMON?
GOOD BYE! Tic, tic, tic, tic, tic, tic. Just waiting till they ban you!
This is such an odd response. Is the idea talking about a ban is threatening or worrying?
I think so, but then some are not comfortable in their own faith and position in Christ.

Shutting out other voices is the only way to survive. Sad, that the faith and rooting in Jesus
is not enough, because He is our King and Lord. Amen.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Jesus is my God.
Amen. As Jesus says if you have seen Jesus you have seen the Father.
It is interesting that saying Jesus is my God, though true if often not our focus.

Our focus given by Christ, is Christ is God the word, the message of God who points to the Father.
Jesus is a man, who is less in attributes than the King of Kings.

Language also confuses our concepts. Gods word dwelling in our hearts is Jesus in us.
Equally communion with God is through the Holy Spirit, unique to each individual except
it is not the Father. They are all God, yet also different.

Is this your view, or do you have a different perspective?

Aug 11, 2019
I think it is an abcessed root......I was there two weeks ago and he ground away the old filling and re-filled it, but it has never quit aching and has gotten worse......
Swish with water and activated charcoal (NOT regular charcoal) it will eliminate (adsorb) any infection, and you can also place some activated charcoal on small paper towel and keep pressed on the side or top of tooth (just hold jaw shut), can swallow the activated charcoal won't hurt, unless you are on meds (it will also adsorb those also).

Also, you can swish with water mixed with cayenne pepper, as the cayenne numbs the nerve endings (do not swallow).

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
Just finished reading Luke 18 and decided to google “eye of the needle” which led to the following from gty.org:

Luke 18:25 is one of the clearest testimonies from our Lord on the inability of man to do anything to save himself. This doctrine of total inability is a vital component to the gospel; it highlights the impossibility of salvation apart from a sovereign work of God in a person’s heart. More than that it highlights God’s grace in that He does do that work. For that reason this text should lead to humble praise of our God and Savior.

Praise be to God in the Highest.

Dec 12, 2013
Just finished reading Luke 18 and decided to google “eye of the needle” which led to the following from gty.org:

Luke 18:25 is one of the clearest testimonies from our Lord on the inability of man to do anything to save himself. This doctrine of total inability is a vital component to the gospel; it highlights the impossibility of salvation apart from a sovereign work of God in a person’s heart. More than that it highlights God’s grace in that He does do that work. For that reason this text should lead to humble praise of our God and Savior.

Praise be to God in the Highest.
I always enjoy the circus side show when a man gets behind the pulpit and attempts to explain how hard or difficult it is to unload a camel so they can be led through the Needle gate............I feel like yelling for a popcorn and beer like I am at the Cardinal ball game in Busch stadium (and I don't drink beer)

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I always enjoy the circus side show when a man gets behind the pulpit and attempts to explain how hard or difficult it is to unload a camel so they can be led through the Needle gate............I feel like yelling for a popcorn and beer like I am at the Cardinal ball game in Busch stadium (and I don't drink beer)
I'll have yours then.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have
sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart.
23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable,
through the living and enduring word of God.
1 Peter 1

10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.
John 15

28 Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?"
29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."
John 6

21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me
will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."
John 14

Amen, we are saved by believing in Christ, and His work. His work is that we should obey Him.
If you love Jesus you will obey Him.

So the lie is you can have faith in Jesus and disobey Him.

4 The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 2

So are we of the truth by saying obey Jesus or is the one who says obeying Jesus does not matter speaking
the truth?
1 John 2 would call those who do not do what Jesus commands liars.

Now interestingly liars will say I am lying about what this scripture is saying.
But then as they are liars, it is not a surprise, but is obvious what the truth is, we are called to obey Jesus.