Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Maintain salvation

Ever do mountain biking through a forest. Keeping to the path is maintaining your safety.
You could say it is just following the path. So which language you want to follow?

Some say you can go off the path and no problems, even never come back and it is like
you stayed on the path all along. Now if you have ever mountain biked you would know
you break things and sometimes die if you go off the path. Only the deluded suggest
there is no difference being on the path and going off it. Yet you hear everyday, it does
not matter, you are ok, the warnings are just loss of rewards nothing to worry about.

Jesus said build your house upon the rock and it will stand.
Build it on the sand and it will fall.

He was not joking, storms will always come and your either stand or fall.
I can testify, I have built my house and I stand, His words are true and good, Amen.

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
I do not have a problem, I share from my heart and walk with Jesus.
It is the group you align with who has all the problems as demonstrated here.

I will openly accept anyone who follows Jesus and repents of their sin, walking in love and
good deeds, shunning evil and loving others. Are you such a one as this? God bless you
I don’t align with any group. I align with God and the free, full, complete gift of incorruptible, irrevocable grace afforded to anyone who has faith in Jesus Christ. Many brethren align with God in the same manner. If that makes us a group then so be it. I’m in great company.

U

UnderGrace

Then what’s the problem?
The problem is he teaches that his walk saves him (following Christ), not being regenerated... therefore the topic of losing salvation does not even apply since he never had it to begin with.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Well this explains everything, you are opposed to the Gospel then, plain and simple!
Hi UnderGrace,

I smile when I read your responses. If you have ever done street evangelism or outreach you will know
how many respond instantly to anything. Very few. And those that do respond, some come to faith like
a light, but most look, read, engage and finally arrive. Testimony after testimony, mine included, growing
up around churches, there are many points of faith, commitment, ups and downs. Few point to an exact
time and place, most it is a walk and a growth.

So with good grace I take your condemnation and I will pray for you, to learn grace in Christ, and not
to judge so quickly or without due regard. God bless you.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
The problem is he teaches that his walk saves him (following Christ), not being regenerated... therefore the topic of losing salvation does not even apply since he never had it to begin with.
I do laugh. Jesus saves us. But when do we know Jesus?
The disciples spent 3 years with Jesus and still He was a mystery.
Paul spent 14 years working through his faith, and still there were issues of correction and certainty.

I fear for your sense of certainty and judgementalism. You are becoming more like dc every day.
God bless you.

U

UnderGrace

Hi UnderGrace,

I smile when I read your responses. If you have ever done street evangelism or outreach you will know
how many respond instantly to anything. Very few. And those that do respond, some come to faith like
a light, but most look, read, engage and finally arrive. Testimony after testimony, mine included, growing
up around churches, there are many points of faith, commitment, ups and downs. Few point to an exact
time and place, most it is a walk and a growth.

So with good grace I take your condemnation and I will pray for you, to learn grace in Christ, and not
to judge so quickly or without due regard. God bless you.
Wrong.... Regeneration/Born from Above is a one time event, declared by God once and for all, "Justified"

You sir, have an earthly lens rather than the spiritual....best if you get the right lens!

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
So his walk “saves” him rather than His walk. Now I understand.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
A simple question. How many times have you responded to an altar call?
And after such a response was that your step of faith, or just another one of many along the road?

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Wrong.... Regeneration/Born from Above is a one time event, declared by God once and for all, "Justified"
You sir, have an earthly lens rather than the spiritual....best if you get the right lens!
When where you born again as a one time event? You are so certain, you must know when it was.

U

UnderGrace

I do laugh. Jesus saves us. But when do we know Jesus?
The disciples spent 3 years with Jesus and still He was a mystery.
Paul spent 14 years working through his faith, and still there were issues of correction and certainty.

I fear for your sense of certainty and judgementalism. You are becoming more like dc every day.
God bless you.
Thank you, then I am steadfast for the faith!!!

I am absolutely and completely persuaded that I am saved once and for eternity, this from when I was born again at twenty-one, I have never doubted.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Not everyone who knows OSAS is the gospel/truth is a Calvinist, so please do not conflate one with the other.
Ok but still, do you believe:

1. God works salvation in those that believe in the gospel?
2. That this salvation is irrevocable and means eternal life?

The opposite is:
1. The unsaved do not believe in the gospel and therefore God does not work salvation in them
2. Their loss (eternal death) is irrevocable

This basically means two groups; those that choose God and those that reject God and from the point of choosing, God works the rest, either salvation for those that chose Him or judgement for those that did not choose Him.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
So his walk “saves” him rather than His walk. Now I understand.
How can my walk save me? Such proposals are laughable. I am saved through Jesus and the
atonement of the Cross. But it appears the idea that leads to a life long walk with Jesus is
something some cannot face.

U

UnderGrace

How can my walk save me? Such proposals are laughable. I am saved through Jesus and the
atonement of the Cross. But it appears the idea that leads to a life long walk with Jesus is
something some cannot face.
Are you really, you just denied salvation as a one time event where we are declared justified by God?

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
As a teenager looking for Jesus and reality, when is one truly born again?
A preacher asks you to come up to the front?
You pray the sinners prayer and ask Jesus to be you saviour?
You repent of your sins and pledge you life to God.

I had done all this and still the question remained, is it real.
I decided to in my room to praise Him, to lift Jesus up in my heart, alone,
in the quiet. Something changed in my and my heart soared. I had connected
like nothing quite before.

I do not like therefore being so definitive, but as a child of God encourage people to
walk. Jesus will find them and things will fall into place. God bless you.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016

Paul, with his spiritual lens, taught something different:

Rom 5:
6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

9Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! 10For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11Not only is this so, but we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

This grace/ free gift/ reconciliation was for all sinners (world) and was done at the cross, but salvation is at the very end and not the beginning.

Rom 13:
8Be indebted to no one, except to one another in love, for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. 9The commandments “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet,”a and any other commandments, are summed up in this one decree: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”b 10Love does no wrong to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
11And do this, understanding the occasion. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, for our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12The night is nearly over; the day has drawn near. So let us lay aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy.14Instead, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the desires of the flesh.

Nobody there, thought that salvation was nearer then than when they were first saved (believed). believing the gospel is not salvation, not even close.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Thank you, then I am steadfast for the faith!!!

I am absolutely and completely persuaded that I am saved once and for eternity, this from when I was born again at twenty-one, I have never doubted.
At twenty-one. Can you remember more about this going from death to life, from being
in darkness and then entering the light.

I suspect things were not quite like this back then. Probably the way you looked at faith
was also different.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I have learned that my testimony only has value for those with an open mind and heart.... are you open?
I am always open and loving. Have you not read what I always share and write.
We are called to be open and listening in Jesus.