Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Are you really, you just denied salvation as a one time event where we are declared justified by God?
When was Cornelious saved? God listened to him and regarded his offerings to God

44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message
Acts 10

Interestingly the actual point of spiritual rebirth is less important than the spiritual reality of ones
heart following and praising God. Amen.

It is like to a child you do not ask, do you know when you were born, no, you know they were born
because they are there. So when the Holy Spirit witnesses praise in your heart to Jesus the
resurrected son of the living God you know you are born again, Amen.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
A simple question. How many times have you responded to an altar call?
And after such a response was that your step of faith, or just another one of many along the road?
no for me it was one definite moment. when i put only trust in Jesus. i know that my way has been paved to heaven by Jesus. so im going, i got the golden ticket by God's grace.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
no for me it was one definite moment. when i put only trust in Jesus. i know that my way has been paved to heaven by Jesus. so im going, i got the golden ticket by God's grace.
Rom 13:
11And do this, understanding the occasion. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, for our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12The night is nearly over; the day has drawn near. So let us lay aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy.14Instead, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the desires of the flesh.

Surprise surprise, Paul is not saying, salvation is nearer now than when we were first saved. He must not have been an OSAS proponent. To me, the first part of the highlighted is the most important, wake up from your slumber.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Can you share more? You have a golden ticket? What do you mean?
A question, Peter meets you a heavens gate and asks, why should you be able to enter into the heavenly city
what would you respond?

U

UnderGrace

At twenty-one. Can you remember more about this going from death to life, from being
in darkness and then entering the light.

I suspect things were not quite like this back then. Probably the way you looked at faith
was also different.
Wrong again

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Golden ticket?!:confused::confused:
I don't see the golden ticket group here:

Matt 25:
31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne.32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
41“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
How can my walk save me? Such proposals are laughable. I am saved through Jesus and the
atonement of the Cross. But it appears the idea that leads to a life long walk with Jesus is
something some cannot face.
And yet you believe one can lose salvation.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Can you share more? You have a golden ticket? What do you mean?
A question, Peter meets you a heavens gate and asks, why should you be able to enter into the heavenly city
what would you respond?
yes my golden ticket is faith by God's grace.
by grace are you saved through faith.

if st.peter meets me at heaven's gate and asks (sounds catholic) why should i be able to enter into the heavenly city i would respond that because God promised all who believe on the Son will have eternal life and i believed on the Son who was sent to die for the sins of the world. He took the penalty i deserved in my place.

U

UnderGrace

I am always open and loving. Have you not read what I always share and write.
We are called to be open and listening in Jesus.
If this were true, then why to you take a stand against truth?

I can share that my testimony is different than most in that I did not regard myself as a sinner, I led a very wholesome life, had a wonderful childhood, plenty of friends, loving family, studying in University, really I had everything going for me.

But God was a mystery ... are you still with me FHS?

E

eternally-gratefull

Is it really hard for people to believe we can get on our knees and call out to hid like the tax collector did?

Alter call?

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
No one can loose their salvation - i mean, they are already saved/ No one can loose eternal life - i mean it is eternal.
But the claims that you are already saved and already have eternal life means nothing. This claims will turn out to be a surprise to you.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
yes my golden ticket is faith by God's grace.
by grace are you saved through faith.

if st.peter meets me at heaven's gate and asks (sounds catholic) why should i be able to enter into the heavenly city i would respond that because God promised all who believe on the Son will have eternal life and i believed on the Son who was sent to die for the sins of the world. He took the penalty i deserved in my place.
Thank you for this.
I was thinking how I would respond. This is a typical evangelism question.
My answer is because Jesus through the cross has cleansed and washed me clean of my sins, and I follow and love
the Living Lord Jesus Christ and have come home, dear brother Peter, who I admire and would love to know better.
Being theological, I could respond, because my name is written in the lambs book of life.

The main reason for this straw man, is to see where ones security is in, Jesus and cleansing or being a good person.
One person I witnessed to it helped me lead them to the Lord, Praise God.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I am always open and loving. Have you not read what I always share and write.
We are called to be open and listening in Jesus.

* except when you said " this place is full of old, bitter retired people " that was very loving, right?

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
This is where there are two different issues. I can walk away from Jesus, a free choice but in another sense I never
can because it is so insane. Without the choice there is no love or Kingdom or reality.

I know many people who have left the faith, go astray, who may never have truly believed, or believed and
now are compromised. You cannot have free will and rebellion and forced salvation. It simply does not
work. And I understand why EG is as he is, it is no surprise, but I can never agree.

My life is founded on the power of love, righteousness and truth, built on the sermon on the mount, the
words of Christ. You cannot have Jesus and salvation without the ability to destroy that which is true.

God and the world testifies to the reality God allows and desires everything plays out to the end.
You cannot have Holy Spirit filled believers in full rebellion against God. That is Korahs rebellion and
it will be destroyed. It is this simple, so matter how much people want compromise and God is so
caring, the weakest faith will be respected eternally.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
* except when you said " this place is full of old, bitter retired people " that was very loving, right?
That really hurt you. Do you feel bitter? A root of bitterness will kill you inside you know.
Unfortunately a truthful observation is not unloving, it is a diagnosis of need.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
If this were true, then why to you take a stand against truth?

I can share that my testimony is different than most in that I did not regard myself as a sinner, I led a very wholesome life, had a wonderful childhood, plenty of friends, loving family, studying in University, really I had everything going for me.

But God was a mystery ... are you still with me FHS?
I am still with you. You had everything going for you, you were not thinking yourself a sinner.
God was a mystery.