Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
This is hilarious......HAHAHA
That's what he told the telemarketer.. don't really see why it's funny, because what if she has a problem with that specific sin? What if she took his suggestion? THAT'S what I meant by "causing another to stumble"..

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I just told an intrusive telemarketer to go make love to herself. Did I just lose my salvation or is it that I’ve never had salvation because I lack love for intrusive telemarketers? Do tell.
Uh...momentary blackout? Loss of memory? Identity?

Occasionally hits us all.

Feb 28, 2016
DC,
the point was, 'to beware of 'good sounding words', because this was the 'original 'deception'...
so much that is masked as 'righteousness' is 'rooted' in corruption' -
like it is written:
'If the roots are corrupt, so is the fruit'.

Dec 12, 2013
Yeah, that's me.. you never know what I might pop out with.. lol
I loved it....made me laugh and I have not been in a laughable mood for a couple of days..........got a broken in half tooth that has been fixed three times driving me up the wall...going to be yanked tomorrow come hell or high water.....and If I have to......a pair of pliers and 6 shots of vodka and do it myself.........

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
That's what he told the telemarketer.. don't really see why it's funny, because what if she has a problem with that specific sin? What if she took his suggestion? THAT'S what I meant by "causing another to stumble"..
Point we’ll taken. That said however, if that’s the case she shouldn’t bother people with unwarranted phone calls.

Dec 12, 2013
DC,
the point was, 'to beware of 'good sounding words', because this was the 'original 'deception'...
so much that is masked as 'righteousness' is 'rooted' in corruption' -
like it is written:
'If the roots are corrupt, so is the fruit'.
100% agree.......we see that a lot on this site.........the devil is very, very sly.......and those he uses can make it look very good and righteous, but it only takes ONE word to make it false or a lie.....

G

Godsgirl83

funny thing....The churches I investigated in AU...all peddled fun, games, people walking around with thongs (flip flops) on, people talking on the phone, kids playing with toys in the aisle (all during the service) and zero respect for the word of God.....oh and a 10 minute message out of context.....
funny thing............
I see that going on here in the U.S as well...................

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Point we’ll taken. That said however, if that’s the case she shouldn’t bother people with unwarranted phone calls.
As irritating as it is, that is part of her job, to bother us.. lol

But whether or not she has a problem with her playing with herself, has no bearing on what her job is.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Well, this thread became quite fascinating. Haha...going on to another thread. Maybe I can stir a pot or two.

Dec 12, 2013
funny thing............
I see that going on here in the U.S as well...................
100% agree.........more like entertainment centers as opposed to a church or churches......

I always say...if you want to be entertained go buy a movie ticket.......100% believe the worship of God is the preaching of the word of God.....and I only seen ONE song sung in the N.T.....after the Lord's Supper.......

G

Godsgirl83

Well since it's going there.............
(and I KNOW this Q is going to bring out the bad in some people but I'm going there..........)
What about all the electronic "bibles" being used? I mean DEVICES (tablets, phones etc) because some didn't bring (do they even own?) an actual bible along?
Personally I think it is very ignorant and disrespectful............
(can of worms is open......)