Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Never.

Just in case, for that one, I'll take the heat.

Not. about. me. Not about truth. About any and every "doctrine" that leads to others believing a lie.

About what leads to the false belief that you have been saved, and that is eternal, and those believing they have it when they don't but they never even question their state, ever again till the day they stand before God and He says I never knew you.

Is there anyone acknowledgeing the Evil that exists and is working night and day to steal the souls of Gods Children?

It says worship me. Not the true God. The easy God.

Human nature, especially human nature void of Gods truth, will always go for the easy A. You get a hold of someone in a weakened state of life searching for a moment and give them this doctrine that says "all you have to do, be saved forever is" and for a moment they jump all over that, then life distracts and they walk away taking with them this false belief, "believing" they have received something they have not. It makes the Word of God of no effect. It removes the need to 'continue seeking' after Him. They want to hear nothing that will take that belief away. They may even believe "ignorance" will help.

Do they really need to study the Word? Not no more, they were saved once. Do they need to pray and repent and talk to God everyday? No, they did that once and no one can take that away. But "we" know there is nothing to take away

This is not about the "captured by Christ" This is about "the doctrine" of it and how it can and is being used by the "evil" of this air, to easily deceive those so that they never have a chance.
Paul asks us to question our state

5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that
Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?
6 And I trust that you will discover that we have not failed the test.
7 Now we pray to God that you will not do anything wrong. Not that people will see that we have
stood the test but that you will do what is right even though we may seem to have failed.
2 Cor 13

When someone says, no if you question you state you are in unbelief and that is evil, you have
already declared you have departed from scripture and the faith.

Paul clearly says, test yourselves. Why? Because knowing we are in Christ matters by our walk,
it is central to everything. It is like saying I have a friend but it does not matter if I hate them
and never talk to them, we are still friends. Nope, you are not friends, you are nuts.

What to me is staggering is the arrogance and swagger contradicting obvious relationship truths
and scripture and then condemning others, as if they know Jesus and speak from this place of
authority.

I have a daughter who would not talk to us for years almost. I feared we would not re-establish
contact, but it has returned. While we were not talking there was a risk things would break down.
I cannot believe anyone who has a heart, loves, does not know Jesus the Lord of all and our hearts
have to be plugged into Him to know reality and eternity. It is like our life blood. To not be here
is like emptiness, lostness, wandering. But maybe for them they have never found this place or
reality, so this sharing is like a different world. So God bless you, be encouraged, we walk with
Him and He is our Lord, Amen

U

UnderGrace

It is clear on a forum such as this we look at these issues differently.
Telling others they are wrong and need to do something else is not going to work.

Understanding and seeing with respect each others position works, respect the individuals and
sees there is a good heart intention involved.

If one side say you are in sin, evil, deceived, doomed to hell individual is not really a good starting
place. If someone says I sin daily and God does not mind, I lie, speed, get annoyed, want to murder
people, steal, slander but hey thats all in a days work, there may be a hard road to climb.

You might notice the open sinner saying there is sin in another is not actually on good ground.
How do they know? How can they see beyond their own sin and failure? Do they even know what
victory and success look like? Holiness, purity, blamelessness, loving, having patience, self control,
endurance etc. From this thread alone, just reading posts is enough to send some over the edge.
On both sides, which is why conflicts can erupt too easily. God bless you all.
If you find this thread so edge provoking why do you come to it?

Several have told me I was wrong several times... best thing they ever did for me.

Mr. FHS just so you know I will not be responding further.

I cannot for the life of me relate to your line of thinking and your style of written expression.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
If He is speaking to you personally to do something, then yes, your action would be the response to His Voice, but the act itself would be in His power, would it not? Even faith itself being the gift of God is action on His part, not ours. Faith is active. Spirit.
Hi stones,

I do not like these boxes. What I know is what works. It is like sharing here.
I listen, I learn, I change, I grow. I am only part of my totality, and a lot is sown and
then reaped in sharing and expressing. When we try and over analyse, I am sure we
miss the Holy Spirit truly sees, and uses us, we just need to listen and to know.

Like speaking in tongues, the most anti-intellectual exercise possible, yet such a
blessing to the heart when your spirit soars in Him, Praise the Lord.

And I know some here have no experience of this or have any openness to these things.
But I just praise the Lord for His blessing, God bless you

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
If you find this thread so edge provoking why do you come to it?
Several have told me I was wrong several times... best thing they ever did for me.
Mr. FHS just so you know I will not be responding further.
I cannot for the life of me relate to your line of thinking and your style of written expression.
Hi Ms UG,

I am writing to inform you, that Mr FHS has received your commitment to not respond any further.
He is seeking clarification is this not responding to this forum, this thread or just FHS.

I do not actually believe you, but you like the dramatic.
The great thing about Jesus, is He just listens and waits.
"Be still and know that I am God" a cornerstone of His grace to us.

1 Praise the LORD. Praise the LORD from the heavens, praise him in the heights above.
2 Praise him, all his angels, praise him, all his heavenly hosts.
3 Praise him, sun and moon, praise him, all you shining stars.
4 Praise him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies.
Psalm 148

Thank you Jesus you lay on our hearts a sacrifice of Praise and worship we can bring to your name
and throne, the throne of grace and favour, the throne of forgiveness and truth, the throne of
overcoming and being in your presence. You alone are worthy of Praise, and Honour and Glory
forever and ever Amen.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I am offensive? I repeat again Jesus is my Lord, the one I follow. If I am offensive to you then so
is my Lord. You cannot hold with Jesus and reject those who listen and follow His voice.

Did you not learn this in your discipleship? Loving the body of Christ is being part of Christ.
So are you a dear sister or one who is in rebellion?
It is strange UG found the above funny.

John wrote this

14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death.
15 Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.
1 John 3

Somehow some turn loving those who love Jesus into you can hate them because they do not love
Jesus at all but are just hypocritical liars.

But thankfully I can love everyone who loves Jesus because that glimmer of light in their souls
is the beginning of something eternal and full of life. So my friends, how big is your heart,
how wide are your doors, and great is the love of Christ in your hearts. Praise the Lord that
there are no boundaries to the things He can do in us, Amen

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I do love drama, literature, even Italian Opera.... brings me to tears the "romance and the drama" of it all :)

However, for now we are indeed done.
But you already broke your word. So if your word is so easily broken, why should I believe you
about anything you write :)

And you now repeat the same assertion, which probably you will break again.
Oh how easily one sets oneself up and then falls over once more.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I remember once someone described me in the most terrible terms, then next post
spoke as if I was normal and what was posted before was just nothing.

It was so really odd. Like someone claiming I say this and do that and am a horrendous
individual though I share about the same biblical themes and issues all the time, like many others.

And then it comes to nothing, because I do not explode in rage or anger but turn my cheek.
Why do they then repeat the cycle? Because they cannot believe I am who I am. God could not
actually create someone who walks with Him and is not provoked. How could this be? This is beyond
believing, others have folded far sooner. The peace of God passes understanding, the cross where
my Lord lay His heads exalts His love above any insult or pain or abuse anyone can throw, because
He is Lord of All and has carried all my sin and griefs away. Thank you Jesus, Amen.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
I am saved because I am trusting exclusively in what Jesus did to save me (faith) and not in what I did (works).

So what are you trusting in for salvation? Christ alone or Christ + works?
Never.

Just in case, for that one, I'll take the heat.

Not. about. me. Not about truth. About any and every "doctrine" that leads to others believing a lie.

About what leads to the false belief that you have been saved, and that is eternal, and those believing they have it when they don't but they never even question their state, ever again till the day they stand before God and He says I never knew you.

Is there anyone acknowledgeing the Evil that exists and is working night and day to steal the souls of Gods Children?

It says worship me. Not the true God. The easy God.

Human nature, especially human nature void of Gods truth, will always go for the easy A. You get a hold of someone in a weakened state of life searching for a moment and give them this doctrine that says "all you have to do, be saved forever is" and for a moment they jump all over that, then life distracts and they walk away taking with them this false belief, "believing" they have received something they have not. It makes the Word of God of no effect. It removes the need to 'continue seeking' after Him. They want to hear nothing that will take that belief away. They may even believe "ignorance" will help.

Do they really need to study the Word? Not no more, they were saved once. Do they need to pray and repent and talk to God everyday? No, they did that once and no one can take that away. But "we" know there is nothing to take away

This is not about the "captured by Christ" This is about "the doctrine" of it and how it can and is being used by the "evil" of this air, to easily deceive those so that they never have a chance.
Well, then you are wrong about what OSAS really is or the eternal security (ES) is all about. You are trying to make me believe that we do no good works for the glory of God and your belief on OSAS or ES is base on hearsay. Seems to me that there's a lot of misunderstood teaching of what true OSAS is? Seems you are assuming OSAS/ES is about Antinomianism. Plain Scriptures talks about saved, secured and sure serving.

I re-read your post without any single scripture to back what you claim against REAL OSAS/ES belief. It's a statement of .hearsay and disbelief of the scripture. Even what you have posted before promotes OSAS/ES belief rather than NOSAS. Again, if you want a fair discussion then we use the scripture rather than assumed. Pure "ignorance" won't help.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Then you would be wrong. Salvation is of the Human Spirit, and bodily resurrection is a promise because HE WAS RAISED.

John 3:3-7 (NASB)
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."
4 Nicodemus *said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?"
5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 "Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
[That BORN AGAIN is not talking about the BODY, but rather, it is talking about the Human Spirit.]

John 5:24 (HCSB)
24 “I assure you: Anyone who hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life [the body will die, Human Spirit is now Eternal] and will not come under judgment but has passed from death to life. [in the Human Spirit.]

Luke 19:9 (HCSB)
9 Today salvation has come to this house,” Jesus told him, “because he too is a son of Abraham.

2 Corinthians 6:2 (NRSV)
2 For he says, "At an acceptable time I have listened to you, and on a day of salvation I have helped you." See, now is the acceptable time; see, now is the day of salvation!

Salvation is A FREE GIFT that effects the Human Spirit and it's way of thinking, and this body will die. Yes, there will be a resurrection of the Glorified Body, but that is not SALVATION, we already have received SALVATION when our Human Spirit was BORN AGAIN.

2 Timothy 1:9 (HCSB)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began. See, that is how long again, our Human Spirit, was saved, waiting for us to receive HIM.

Oh my. That last sentence should be: See, that is how long ago, our Human Spirit, was saved, waiting for us to receive HIM.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
If your faith is in GOD, HIS PROMISES and in HIS WORK.

Why would you EVER QUESTION ANYTHING AGAIN?

If you HAVE TO QUESTION your status, You are NOT PLACING YOUR FAIHT IN GOD! PERIOD!

That is NOT ENTERING HIS REST!

And I do not care if your a man or woman, If you say we have to question our eternity, Your not placing your faith in CHRiST, PERIOD!
Yep if someone wants to loose his/her salvation then one needs to change the definition of eternal. The promise look of salvation is for eternity. Unbelief or doubting God's word as the Israelite's did were perished and have not entered the promised land. So, anyone who do not place their faith in Christ is in danger.

There is a simplicity even in the O.T., faith is about looking to the LORD saves. We have to look and live! This is all about the Lord's doing, he shall be with us.

Exodus 14:13-14 King James Version (KJV)
13 And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.

14 The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Oh my. That last sentence should be: See, that is how long ago, our Human Spirit, was saved, waiting for us to receive HIM.
While I see nothing wrong with this, few technicalities would may help. that our soul is saved, our spirit is born again and bodies will glorified during the resurrection. Praise God! Jesus Saves and keeps until the end or until he receives us.

God bless

Dec 12, 2013
UFO's are a real phenomenon all right. No doubt about that. Its just that nobody knows what they really are.
Doubtless the whole shebang is Satanic one way or another, as the whole thing is shot full of deception.
Fully agree......and will say......there is evidence in the bible....most don't see it, miss it or reject it....just saying

Dec 12, 2013
I use "eternal security" because it is less words to type :D having said that, I am good with OSAS .... which now come to think of it is less letters... boy-oh-boy...... and all this time I thought I was using a short cut.

I am also good with greasy gracer in case anyone was wondering.
Me too....I also thought about that crop while driving about 35 miles north....GRACE saturates a believers life....saved by it, positioned in it, deals with our sin before we sin and out bounds our sin......GRACE totally saturates a believers life.......

Dec 12, 2013
Interesting, do you think then that God created other beings on other planets?

In which case are they really aliens?

Or do you mean "aliens" as in from the spiritual world?
I honestly believe based upon scripture that it is either angelic/satanic and or both in scope!

Dec 12, 2013
In the Training Film in the service to orient us about the SR71 Black Bird, telling it was Top Secret, they interviewed a Pilot, in 1970. When they asked what was the max air speed of the SR71? The Pilot said 2000 mph PLUS. When they asked him what does the PLUS mean. He Said, "That means we have had it up to 2000, but their was Plenty of Throttle LEFT." Like I said THAT was in 1970, what are they still sitting on TOP SECRET, just in case we need it for the first strike scenario from the Russians or Chinese.
Don't care.....was not a blackbird or any other jet of or from any government..........and JETS cannot stop on a dime, remain motionless in mid air, make no noise, spit in two and in one second clear the horizon in opposite directions as far as one can see North and South without ANY hills, mountains, buildings etc. in the way...

Dec 12, 2013
Jesus draws the line in the sand on who is saved and who is not saved in John 3:18 - “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
My bible is clear.....

It pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

The workers for love to conflate this truth and HELP JESUS save themselves........

Dec 12, 2013
Grace is receiving something undeserved. Working for something eliminates grace. The former is biblical; the latter is not. Just my two cents.
And your two cents outweighs ALL the drivel and blather from the working for, self saving salvation losers put together......

Dec 12, 2013
I choose not to answer your question. Hopefully I will still be under your good graces.
You are wise....he will just argue, blather it all up with self saving drivel and then a leaky faucet keep dripping conflated dogma until you have to put him on ignore and tell him to not address you any more......