Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Nothing I have written contradicts Hebrews and faith is definitely not a work.

Scripture is clear... somehow you never want to address Paul's very clear teaching....

Romans 4:4

4 Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation.
They cannot logically address it...it is clear.....and YET they will sweep it under the table, explain it away or say that we do not understand it..........

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
Well, then you are wrong about what OSAS really is or the eternal security (ES) is all about. You are trying to make me believe that we do no good works for the glory of God and your belief on OSAS or ES is base on hearsay. Seems to me that there's a lot of misunderstood teaching of what true OSAS is? Seems you are assuming OSAS/ES is about Antinomianism. Plain Scriptures talks about saved, secured and sure serving.

I re-read your post without any single scripture to back what you claim against REAL OSAS/ES belief. It's a statement of .hearsay and disbelief of the scripture. Even what you have posted before promotes OSAS/ES belief rather than NOSAS. Again, if you want a fair discussion then we use the scripture rather than assumed. Pure "ignorance" won't help.
Never.

Just in case, for that one, I'll take the heat.

Not. about. me. Not about truth. About any and every "doctrine" that leads to others believing a lie.

About what leads to the false belief that you have been saved, and that is eternal, and those believing they have it when they don't but they never even question their state, ever again till the day they stand before God and He says I never knew you.

Is there anyone acknowledgeing the Evil that exists and is working night and day to steal the souls of Gods Children?

It says worship me. Not the true God. The easy God.

Human nature, especially human nature void of Gods truth, will always go for the easy A. You get a hold of someone in a weakened state of life searching for a moment and give them this doctrine that says "all you have to do, be saved forever is" and for a moment they jump all over that, then life distracts and they walk away taking with them this false belief, "believing" they have received something they have not. It makes the Word of God of no effect. It removes the need to 'continue seeking' after Him. They want to hear nothing that will take that belief away. They may even believe "ignorance" will help.

Do they really need to study the Word? Not no more, they were saved once. Do they need to pray and repent and talk to God everyday? No, they did that once and no one can take that away. But "we" know there is nothing to take away

This is not about the "captured by Christ" This is about "the doctrine" of it and how it can and is being used by the "evil" of this air, to easily deceive those so that they never have a chance.

There is no way to use "scripture" when addressing the effects to the people after they walk away taking the only knowledge "Jesus died for my sins, I believe, I am baptized, I am saved forever". I only addressed this one subject.

If you believe I "don't have the correct message" please, teach me what the correct message is. This is what this place is for.
Or if there is a post # of a teaching you believe is "the truth of it" I would go read that. I can't go look for or find the "truth" because I don't know what it is. It needs to be taught correctly for me to try to receive it correctly.

Dec 12, 2013
How does believing negate that the gift is free.

Believing I have a birthday present is not working for that birthday present... surely this is nonsense.

You just want to define faith as a work to make your works theology work.

Scripture makes a clear delineation between faith and work
AMEN.....God has dealt to all men a measure of faith.....and....JESUS begins, finishes and completes the work of faith in US

IT IS ALL GOD from beginning to completion...........they absolutely devalue the work of GOD and insert self into their self maintained false dogma....

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
The bible is clear, God has made a way through His son to the Father.

Now listen to those words. Jesus did not say, oh no you cannot get to the Father until you die,
no, you will find the way to the Father through Him.

But how can sinners know the Father. The temple teaches us by being cleansed, purified,
made clean and holy, pure and spotless. How can this be? How is it possible?
Through the cross, through walking in His ways, perfecting our faith by our walk.

22 You see that his faith was working together with his works and his faith was perfected by works.
James 2

24 Now I rejoice in my sufferings for you, and I fill up in my physical body – for the sake of his
body, the church – what is lacking in the sufferings of Christ.
Col 1

Jesus has made His people Holy.

12 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion,
kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.
Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Colossians 3

Unbelievers will steal the glory, wonder and honour that the King of Kings has bestowed on the
people of God, not because they are worthy, but because Jesus has purchased us from the world
and is transforming us into His likeness, pull of grace and truth.

Like the accuser of the brethren, those that dwell in the land of shadow and darkness will accuse
Gods people of sin and evil, of deception and lies, of leading people to hell, while it is they who
reflect the glory of the son and acknowledge His victory in their hearts day in day out, Amen.

U

UnderGrace

I honestly believe based upon scripture that it is either angelic/satanic and or both in scope!
Yes, that is what I have always thought.
The sightings to just to numerous to no take seriously.

I tend to think God did not put other people on other planets...but I guess it is possible

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power
10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed.
This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.
11 With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his
power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith.
2 Thessalonians 1

Amen We are His Holy people who will be His glory when He returns.

Here the words. We are Gods glory, His workmanship, the power of His hands, the victory He has
created and purchased. Nothing can separate us from the glory the glory of the Living God.
Amen

The Lord takes pride in what He has done,

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--
9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2

Who takes away from God the power and grace of His workmanship, to deny He makes the fruit
come and grow and blossom and last. He is the author and finisher of our faith, the lamb that
was slain, Amen, Amen, Amen

Who are these unbelievers who say God is not capable of bringing us to His fruition, His reality
His power and His dominion, He who created the earth and the heavens, who limit His ways and
His reality, because they do not have the faith to believe His words and His authority. Praise the
Lord His people raise His praise to the heights of heaven, Amen.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
But you already broke your word. So if your word is so easily broken, why should I believe you
about anything you write :)

And you now repeat the same assertion, which probably you will break again.
:( So many words of inspiration in the Spirit followed by that last line and smiley face? :eek: That wasn't of the spirit. So much to be lost in so little time.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
While I see nothing wrong with this, few technicalities would may help. that our soul is saved, our spirit is born again and bodies will glorified during the resurrection. Praise God! Jesus Saves and keeps until the end or until he receives us.

God bless

In my opinion, Every True OSAS or ES Believer, WILL because of the CHANGE in his or her Human Spirit, from the Born Again experience; WILL Want to, and Strive to Obey the LORD, purely out of Godly LOVE, after they are SAVED.

Poeple who go to Church, and the rest of the week, are under the influence of Satan; have never been truly Born Again, and are NOT True OSAS Believers.

Sitting on a PEW, does Not Make you a True Christian,
any more than sitting in a Garage would make you a true CAR.

Hence this VERSE is ABSOLUTELY TRUE.

1 John 2:19-20 (NKJV)
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Silly question but, are being born again, and being saved, the same thing? Cuz I'm in a discussion with another member in the salvation thread who says we are not saved in this life, but we ARE born again.

Sorry if this derails the thread for a minute..

Dec 12, 2013
Silly question but, are being born again, and being saved, the same thing? Cuz I'm in a discussion with another member in the salvation thread who says we are not saved in this life, but we ARE born again.

Sorry if this derails the thread for a minute..
BLUE...what they are peddling is BS.......

Being born again IS being saved and BOTH are spoken of in SAME TENSE......just a different way of saying the SAME THING.....

EXCEPT a man be born again he cannot SEE the kingdom of HEAVEN

HAVING BEEN BORN AGAIN from above by incorruptible SEED <--PAST TENSE

In the GRACE you are, having been SAVED out of faith..........<----PAST TENSE

ONE and the same......being born again is descriptive of being saved

and no need to apologize my friend

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
FollowHisSteps said:
But you already broke your word. So if your word is so easily broken, why should I believe you
about anything you write :)

And you now repeat the same assertion, which probably you will break again.
:( So many words of inspiration in the Spirit followed by that last line and smiley face? :eek: That wasn't of the spirit. So much to be lost in so little time.
I put a smily face because in my heart I rejoice in the Lord.
I simply cannot relate to folk who are so lost in their own imaginings, I just rejoice in Jesus.

Because for them breaking words, making assertions, going back on them, slandering, not listening
or knowing scripture and the Spirit makes the exchanges non-existant, I just praise the Lord.

I used to empathise and try and comprehend, but there is no point.
If you take what is most precious to someone, trample on them, desecrate what they hold most dear
and then claim to follow the same Lord, clearly nothing is getting through let alone true feelings
or respect or time. It is funny the Jonestown massacre, I know the idiology and emphasis so well,
the idealism slipping into exploitation and abuse, and then its final end.

To know someone could take my love, and put me there, now that was staggering.
If you have lived in christian communities, know what the idealism is in the church, the power of
the cross and the Lord moving, it is almost blasphemy. I had a shred of hope, a sense of no one would
go there, no one would play games and use symbolism to draw parrallels and claim they know Jesus
and we do not.

But we have found such a group. There is a special place of judgement for such who do this, and use
this approach. It is the closest I know of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Jesus implied that for some
there is no way back. It seems once this place is reached it just gets worse.

Time will tell but the antagonism seems groundless yet the bile still flows, and without end or even
justification. So I can just praise the Lord, and sing to His sweet name. Amen.

U

UnderGrace

Me too....I also thought about that crop while driving about 35 miles north....GRACE saturates a believers life....saved by it, positioned in it, deals with our sin before we sin and out bounds our sin......GRACE totally saturates a believers life.......
Hmm is "that crop" a Missouri expression?

The context tells me it was not the corn fields?

So then do you mean those (that crop) who deny Grace and saved by Grace through faith?

U

UnderGrace

@DeighAnn

Just as a gift is given, it can also be thrown away.

It actually cannot be thrown away.

The gift rests upon God's power not our own. :)

Be thankful!!

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Me too....I also thought about that crop while driving about 35 miles north....GRACE saturates a believers life....saved by it, positioned in it, deals with our sin before we sin and out bounds our sin......GRACE totally saturates a believers life.......
No way to know until we have the chance to talk to him, but I have no doubt that the moment the thief on the cross received God’s grace, he no longer felt any pain or sorrow. That’s the power of grace.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
@DeighAnn

Be thankful!!
The parable of the talents.
18 But the man who had received the one talent went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master's money.....
24 "Then the man who had received the one talent came. 'Master,' he said, 'I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed.
25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.'
26 "His master replied, 'You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed?
27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.
28 "'Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has the ten talents.
29 For everyone who has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him.
30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
Matt 25

The parable of the talents is all about the free gift we are given.
Only a fool would suggest the lazy worthless, wicked servant did not throw away their gift
and do nothing with it.

And their reward was not, come in an enjoy your reward, it was throw the servant outside into punishment
and distress where the sinners and damned reside.

How anyone could suggest this is not the case is not listening to Jesus or following Him.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
@DeighAnn

Be thankful!!
Freewill, whomsoever would, and those "woulds" must continue on in His way. I realize you do not agree with this knowledge. Must we argue? You are sure in your salvation, I am sure of mine. All good. The only problem is any doctrine that has the potential to leave some believing a lie. I am hoping some one would lay it all out together in one cohesive paper and end the "misconceptions and/or misunderstandings"

U

UnderGrace

Freewill, whomsoever would, and those "woulds" must continue on in His way. I realize you do not agree with this knowledge. Must we argue? You are sure in your salvation, I am sure of mine. All good. The only problem is any doctrine that has the potential to leave some believing a lie. I am hoping some one would lay it all out together in one cohesive paper and end the "misconceptions and/or misunderstandings"
Bear in mind free will is not absolute freedom.

Which lie?