Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Choose life.

Baby Christians given enough knowledge for faith to see them through to baptism and believe they were fertile ground and hence forth forever saved, not knowing till they stand in front of God that they were rocky ground only.

Baby Christians have been baptized already.

If you mean water baptism, that plays no role in salvation.

If you mean baptism of the Holy spirit, that's part of being born again... So it already took place.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
A saved person is saved.... no lie there only truth.
That is the promise of God who is complete truth.

Correct...once judged and awarded ...saved...status it is for eternity. In the mean time we are ...born again...awaiting judgement.

E

eternally-gratefull

AWWWWW come on EG....we ll know the bible does not mean it....we must jump through spiritual hoops, speak in tongues, be immersed, sprinkled and take 3 showers a day, say 57 hail Marys, sing Amazing grace 76 times, do 37.5 works a day, never sin, or just mess up once in a while, back flip down the isle and then, just maybe we might be saved...........
I am not sure you have all the requirements, You may be missing a few !

E

eternally-gratefull

Changes depending on the person who wants to attack a group of letters opposed to what the individual they are speaking with is actually saying...

Which is why I understand when people don't want to be lumped in a group...

The largest ones I have noticed I mentioned in my post.

1. <- false converts with no transformation being lumped in. (tares)

2. <- calvinist stigma

3. <- sinners prayer stigma (which I also believe is wrongly often tied to the word "baptist")

and people have tried to get me to defend these 3 things (as well as others)

Ignoring my words

and using a group of letters like osas to talk AROUND my words
Yep

I been saying this all along, they can not hear us because they have us tagged into whatever they are taught or believe we think based on a keyword.

E

eternally-gratefull

I understand.

A person I knew several years ago nearly lost their mind :eek: when they found out I believed once saved always saved.

Since then I actually like the stigma... but you are right, right off the bat I was accused of being a Calvinist but I take that as a good thing too, because it allows us to differentiate the true OSAS as presented here on this thread rather than the Calvinist version which has dominated people's biases.

A false convert is known by their doctrine.

But I do understand... we work hard to get the truth out against all the stigma.... however OSAS does carry a lot of baggage that is not really OSAS... one Google search will show that.

Like I said Satan never takes a day off.
It is sad.

I never knew OSAS was a tag, I just thought it was a shortcut for saying once a person has been saved, they are always saved (eternal life)

This is the only place I have ever been where people see OSAS, and scream calvinism, as if calvin is the one who thought up the thought of eternal life or security in christ.

E

eternally-gratefull

I wonder what percentage of 'non believers' study the bible. Do you think the advice God gives is for those who never open it cause they don't care and wont be saved?
In church this morning we learned of a priest named mechizedek, I also was reminded of Ninevah and the people of canaan, to whom God told abraham would still be allowed to live in their land for 400 years because their sin was nto yet complete.

What bible did they have?

U

UnderGrace

Correct...once judged and awarded ...saved...status it is for eternity. In the mean time we are ...born again...awaiting judgement.

Yes this makes a lot of sense to me...... NOT!!!

Salvation is received, not acquired, when we are born from above/regenerated,...... by what Jesus obtained.

Hebrews 9:12: “Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.”

Dec 12, 2013

Salvation is received, not acquired, when we are born from above/regenerated,...... by what Jesus obtained.

Hebrews 9:12: “Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.”
At the end of the end of the day ONE must be saved to understand the word of GOD.....by his own words he is NOT SAVED yet.....so....by default we should not even think for one second that he knows what he is talking about.......end of story!

U

UnderGrace

At the end of the end of the day ONE must be saved to understand the word of GOD.....by his own words he is NOT SAVED yet.....so....by default we should not even think for one second that he knows what he is talking about.......end of story!
The variations of false doctrine just keep coming it seems.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

nothing that Hebrews root / works salvationist crowd makes any sense. they are contradiction billboard.

U

UnderGrace

nothing that Hebrews root / works salvationist crowd makes any sense. they are contradiction billboard.
So true... I really do not know how people function with those obvious contradictions.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Baby Christians have been baptized already.

If you mean water baptism, that plays no role in salvation.

If you mean baptism of the Holy spirit, that's part of being born again... So it already took place.

It took three attempts at SUICIDE in ONLY A WEEK, the last week of 1977, before wave after wave of GUILT, came over me because of my utterly sinful lifestyle, and crying for a couple hours or more. I became a Baby Christian at 29 years of age, Surrendering to the LORD out of PURE GODLY LOVE for HIM, and an intense Hunger for the Teaching of the Word, grew inside of my newborn human spirit.

Prior to that I was raised as a Lutheran, attended Church Regularly, day dreamed through every sermon, rattled off the Memorized Order of Service, including the Apostles Creed, baptized in water as a infant; YET WAS NOT SAVED AT ALL. I would have argued with anybody that accused me of not being a REAL CHRISTIAN, even though I have no idea what the term Born Again even meant.