Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Proven to who?
Me?
You?
I suppose...

Proof to God?
He needs no proof.
He knows His own.

Proof to Eg?
No, we can know we have eternal life.
She des not know,, so where is her hope?

1. Faith is the substance of things hoped for
2. In the hope of eternal life, in whom God, who can not lie, promised before time began
3. And i write these things so you may KNOW you have eternal life, and continue to believe

My hope is in God, not in hw well i can perform,

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
1 Cor 13:7 Charity ....Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
Yea noose, I believe on Charity...believeth all things. Do you believe in the love of God? that he gave his only begotten Son that whoseover beleiveth on him should not perish but have everlasting life? If you believe this your faith acts. Trust him and rely on him completely that what he has done is enough for our salvation. the same loved of God endures forever and is able to keep you. In this way God gets all the glory!

Hope you will.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Yea noose, I believe on Charity...believeth all things. Do you believe in the love of God? that he gave his only begotten Son that whoseover beleiveth on him should not perish but have everlasting life? If you believe this your faith acts. Trust him and rely on him completely that what he has done is enough for our salvation. the same loved of God endures forever and is able to keep you. In this way God gets all the glory!

Hope you will.
It is about obedience and not belief. Charity is obedience, but charity beareth all things including belief and endurance. If you obey, you abide in salvation.

U

UnderGrace

It is about obedience and not belief. Charity is obedience, but charity beareth all things including belief and endurance. If you obey, you abide in salvation.
Are you sure you are using the right book??

U

UnderGrace

Yes, all books say the same thing, depends with ones understanding.
Perhaps you could read the Gospel of John and see how often "believe" is used and how often obedience is used, and see the central message there in..... and
then you may want to retract that statement.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
He is delusional if he thinks LOVE is obedience and it is not about faith......
John 6
28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Perhaps you could read the Gospel of John and see how often "believe" is used and how often obedience is used, and see the central message there in..... and
then you may want to retract that statement.
Nope.

This alone does for me:

1 Cor 13:6 Love takes no pleasure in evil, but rejoices in the truth. 7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

It is through love that anyone believes, not the other way round.

Gal 5: 6For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. All that matters is faith, expressed through love.

E

eternally-gratefull

They want to replace work of God with their own work, then demand they do not teach works :rolleyes:

E

eternally-gratefull

it is through God and his promises that we love it is his love that empowers us to endure.without his promises, we have no capacity to love or endure

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
If charity is love in action, then it is God that loves you first. How can one love someone or others if they don't have the love of God.

Romans 5:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
lawyers and works salvationist think they have to save themselves, so they have to cross every T and dot every I , and make sure they do, or they could cause themselves to miss the Kingdom if they get even one thing wrong.
Martin Luther endured overwhelming anguish living a life you describe above. It was when he came to realize that we are saved by grace through faith that he rejoiced in the glorious truth of God.

E

eternally-gratefull

If charity is love in action, then it is God that loves you first. How can one love someone or others if they don't have the love of God.

Romans 5:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Amen, its all about God!