Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Sorry for not using my head and used my heart instead. And my heart is saying;

"GOD IS LOVE"

"THE WORD IS GOD"

Therefore, "THE WORD IS LOVE"

And if the WORD is the seed planted in our hearts then LOVE is the same seed that was planted in our hearts.

When we received the Holy Spirit through FAITH, (Galatians 3:14) we received the power to walk in obedience to His commands through the leading and guidance of the Holy Spirit.

And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.Romans 5:5

This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:16-18

To LOVE is to walk in obedience to His commands...and I remember what the apostle Paul said

NIV1984 1 Corinthians 8:1-3
Now about food sacrificed to idols: We know that we all possess knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. But the man who loves God is known by God.

I love you Lord!
Friend you owe me no apology......

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
YOU, I could CHOOSE to be as negative ,spiteful and hateful in words,but I CHOOSE NOT TO! Where is YOUR love? I see none= zero.. Hmmmmmm wondering if some are the devils possee of fallen angels! The world abuses " christians" enough,and is expected, for they are unbelievers. But some here NEED a salvation check,I would say! The beauty of chat IS I CAN RESPOND IF I CHOOSE!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 You are really a silly little boy and I laugh at your foolishness! You VERBAGE is folly,and I'm sure as we say in the south" I ain't the only one that shakes my head and laughs at you! YOU MAY NOT AND CAN NOT STEAL MY JOY IN KNOWING JESUS!!!!!!!!
You choose not too? After reading several of your posts to him, I'd hate to see what it looks like if you CHOOSE TO!

U

UnderGrace

Finding my OSAS safe space ... I have battle fatigue today..... I would offer coffee like @blue_ladybug but I am thinking soothing tea instead.... or maybe something a little stronger.;)

.jpg

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
John 15 = the objective is to remain in Christ to remain in his love that would not talk about John 13 is towards fellow believers.
1John 3 = It is because we love the brethren shows we have passed from death to life. Loving the brethren is such an evidence or proof of having been justified by faith.

Still you cannot love like the loved of God if you haven't experienced the loved of God. The bible verses just proved that this love are for the believers only. When someone believes, relies, trust on the Saviour alone for his salvation.
Simple.

John 15:9As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you. Remain in My love. 10If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and remain in His love.

The command is to love one another.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
YOU, I could CHOOSE to be as negative ,spiteful and hateful in words,but I CHOOSE NOT TO! Where is YOUR love? I see none= zero.. Hmmmmmm wondering if some are the devils possee of fallen angels! The world abuses " christians" enough,and is expected, for they are unbelievers. But some here NEED a salvation check,I would say! The beauty of chat IS I CAN RESPOND IF I CHOOSE!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 You are really a silly little boy and I laugh at your foolishness! You VERBAGE is folly,and I'm sure as we say in the south" I ain't the only one that shakes my head and laughs at you! YOU MAY NOT AND CAN NOT STEAL MY JOY IN KNOWING JESUS!!!!!!!!
Look as the shear number of pages dc has been dealing with people with the false doctrines like works righteous. That alone is a recipe to Cause an attitude change in one that has chosen to confront those teaching false doctrine. After all Jude told us to earnestly contend with those peddling a false doctrine:

Jude 1:3-4 (HCSB)
3 Dear friends, although I was eager to write you about the salvation we share, I found it necessary to write and exhort you to contend for the faith that was delivered to the saints once for all.
4 For some men, who were designated for this judgment long ago, have come in by stealth; they are ungodly, turning the grace of our God into promiscuity and denying Jesus Christ, our only Master and Lord.

It is MEN who are primarily responsible to CONTEND the false doctrine peddlers. WOMEN ARE SPIRITUALLY GIFTED in others areas.

1 Timothy 2:9-15 (NASB)
9 Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments,
10 but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.
11 A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness.
12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.
13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve.
14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.
15 But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.

Titus 2:3-5 (NASB)
3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good,
4 so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored.

Their is the MAJOR DIFFERENCE between MEN who are to Confront and Contend with FALSE TEACHERS; AND GOD's Chosen role for WOMEN. AND Look at your Rant, it is the OPPOSITE of what it describes your ROLE as a Christian woman is to BE LIKE.

Sure dc is a little ruff around the edges, but he has an excuse besides his Contending with the false teachers; he is Half Australian, and I have never seen an Australian, that was not a little ruff around the edges. ALSO on top of that, he is half Country Boy from Missouri; and I will assume you are From the BIG CITY, am I right?

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Look as the shear number of pages dc has been dealing with people with the false doctrines like works righteous. That alone is a recipe to Cause an attitude change in one that has chosen to confront those teaching false doctrine. After all Jude told us to earnestly contend with those peddling a false doctrine:

Jude 1:3-4 (HCSB)
3 Dear friends, although I was eager to write you about the salvation we share, I found it necessary to write and exhort you to contend for the faith that was delivered to the saints once for all.
4 For some men, who were designated for this judgment long ago, have come in by stealth; they are ungodly, turning the grace of our God into promiscuity and denying Jesus Christ, our only Master and Lord.

It is MEN who are primarily responsible to CONTEND the false doctrine peddlers. WOMEN ARE SPIRITUALLY GIFTED in others areas.

1 Timothy 2:9-15 (NASB)
9 Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments,
10 but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.
11 A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness.
12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.
13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve.
14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.
15 But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.

Titus 2:3-5 (NASB)
3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good,
4 so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored.

Their is the MAJOR DIFFERENCE between MEN who are to Confront and Contend with FALSE TEACHERS; AND GOD's Chosen role for WOMEN. AND Look at your Rant, it is the OPPOSITE of what it describes your ROLE as a Christian woman is to BE LIKE.

Sure dc is a little ruff around the edges, but he has an excuse besides his Contending with the false teachers; he is Half Australian, and I have never seen an Australian, that was not a little ruff around the edges. ALSO on top of that, he is half Country Boy from Missouri; and I will assume you are From the BIG CITY, am I right?

One more verse that I need to add:

1 Timothy 5:1 (NASB)
1 Do not sharply rebuke an older man, but rather appeal to him as a father, to the younger men as brothers,

That would be a Sin.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Simple.

John 15:9As the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you. Remain in My love. 10If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and remain in His love.

The command is to love one another.
Umm, see what the scripture says and what fredo see's: Remain in his love, remain in my love, remain in the Father's love.
You said: "The command is love one another", quite a bit far from what the scripture is saying.

Simple.

John 15:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Umm, see what the scripture says and what fredo see's: Remain in his love, remain in my love, remain in the Father's love.
You said: "The command is love one another", quite a bit far from what the scripture is saying.

Simple.

John 15:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
Ok, you are moving slowly but in the direction.

First you claimed, there was no where in the bible we are told to remain in His (Christ's) love. Now you accept and are even quoting it but are denying that the command is to love one another.
Q. What is the command that Jesus is talking about when He says, "..If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love.."?

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Ok, you are moving slowly but in the direction.

First you claimed, there was no where in the bible we are told to remain in His (Christ's) love. Now you accept and are even quoting it but are denying that the command is to love one another.
Q. What is the command that Jesus is talking about when He says, "..If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love.."?
Fredo said: Yep, it is acommand to love one another that the passage to mean to Peter and his disciples who had already experienced the loved of Christ. Actually, john 13 is before the cross and nothing is said about loving another "to keep to abide in his love". It addresses, showing that they are ought to love other believers, those who have experienced the loved of God as a sure proof of being his disiples. Nothing is said about gaining or keeping salvation. Love being one of the FRUIT of the Holy Spirit.

Noose said: there was no where in the bible we are told to remain in His (Christ's) love

Fredo now: See the difference I am in reference to John 13 not where in the Bible. What is that? Is this some kind of false accusation? Ummm... Well you have to keep in mind to whom Christ is speaking to... simple.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
You wrote anything about drunkenness?

Interestingly, Mormons in their legalism believe coffee to be "hard drink" and is therefore prohibited

Yea...and some people call themselves Christians and do hard alcohol drink.

Chastening the messenger does not change the Bible..

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
You sin all the time what makes you any better then them?

I know...and you don't..right? A typical leftist position..
That posture from you doesn't surprise me....at all. You must like developing that recognition.
I certainly don't willfully sin...pal.

Stick with scripture.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Scripture says hard drink and drunkenness is prohibited.

Preston, I am surprised at you. You KNOW IT IS FORBIDDEN TO ADD TO THE WORD OF GOD. THERE IS NO SUCH PHRASE AS HARD DRINK in the BIBLE. Now that May be your PERSONAL CONVICTION, BUT IT CERTAINLY IS NOT A LAW that GOD instructed us to keep. Yes it is SIN to get DRUNK, but it is NOT A SIN to have a Hard Drink. I have not been Drunk since the early 80's. And Yes I will have a drink of an alcoholic beverage probably less than once a week.

Leviticus 10:9 (ASV)
9 Drink no wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tent of meeting, that ye die not: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:

Now specific instructiions to the LEVITE PRIESTS are totally different than for the Rest of the Congregation. NOW IT appears that they cannot have Wine or Strong Drink, when ye go into the tent of meeting, to protect the CREDIBILITY of the WORD OF GOD being taught there. Some people would love to spread the rumor that the PRIEST was drunk, because you could smell alcohol on his breath from ONE DRINK.

NOW GET THE LOG OUT OF YOUR EYE, BECAUSE HERE IS AN ABSOLUTE SIN.

Deuteronomy 4:2 (KJV)
2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Proverbs 30:6 (ASV)
6 Add thou not unto his words, Lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.