Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
You guys talking food......now I am starving....been on a three day smoothie diet (forced) by some dental work that resulted in like 12 shots in my jaw and now so freaking sore cannot take a bite of anything....normal response and will take like 2 to 3 weeks to go away.......thanks a lot.....I would love to eat a juicy greasy cheese burger and some fries with a chocolate shake........... :geek:
oh my big bro. what did they do to you? reading that didnt ease my dentist fear thats for sure. words like sore and pain are not my favorites

Dec 12, 2013
oh my big bro. what did they do to you? reading that didnt ease my dentist fear thats for sure. words like sore and pain are not my favorites
Well, I broke a tooth in half about 4 years ago in Australia on a black olive pit....I got it fixed....about 2 months or so ago it started to bother me a bit and I put off going to the dentist until I went to and got back from Australia again...when I got back went in and my dentist could find nothing wrong and ground out the filling and refilled (trip one).....after a week and worse pain I went back again and he ground a little off the top thinking he had not got the filling right (trip 2) and then it got way worse.....and I got no sleep for a few nights and googled my symptoms which equaled an infection at the root.....so (trip 3) I went back to a NEW dentist and sure enough bad infection at the root...so....instead of paying like $3000 to have a root canal and a crown I just had it pulled....all three trips I got needles in the back of the jaw to deaden it....well....NOW i have what is essentially lock jaw (bad pain when I try to take a bite of food or chew) a common occurrence when having so many shots.....takes like 2 to 3 weeks for it to get better....HAHAH

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Well, I broke a tooth in half about 4 years ago in Australia on a black olive pit....I got it fixed....about 2 months or so ago it started to bother me a bit and I put off going to the dentist until I went to and got back from Australia again...when I got back went in and my dentist could find nothing wrong and ground out the filling and refilled (trip one).....after a week and worse pain I went back again and he ground a little off the top thinking he had not got the filling right (trip 2) and then it got way worse.....and I got no sleep for a few nights and googled my symptoms which equaled an infection at the root.....so (trip 3) I went back to a NEW dentist and sure enough bad infection at the root...so....instead of paying like $3000 to have a root canal and a crown I just had it pulled....all three trips I got needles in the back of the jaw to deaden it....well....NOW i have what is essentially lock jaw (bad pain when I try to take a bite of food or chew) a common occurrence when having so many shots.....takes like 2 to 3 weeks for it to get better....HAHAH
i got novocaine shots to my mouth too when i got fillings and they lied and said it wont hurt. it still hurt. i prayed God to just kill me to the dentist chair.

its more pleasant for me to break a leg than go to the dentist. really.

Dec 12, 2013
i got novocaine shots to my mouth too when i got fillings and they lied and said it wont hurt. it still hurt. i prayed God to just kill me to the dentist chair.

I do not mind the dentist, but this whole experience sucked HAH

U

UnderGrace

i prayed God to just kill me

I hear ya...

I prayed that once too ...last summer when I was on a ride at Six Flags - Great America

VCO

Oct 14, 2013

Not as BAD as the AIR FORCE DENTIST I saw in Tech School. I went in because I had a bad Abscess on the Gum line, right lower jaw in front. I could not see what tool he picked up. He Lanced IT, with NO NOVOCAINE, and proceeded to LAUGH, and said, "I bet that Hurt, didn't it?" And continued to laugh about it. I must of left Fingerprints in that hard metal chair arm, just to keep from hitting that Captain that day.

Dec 12, 2013
Well I worked outside all day......did not help keep me saved..........JESUS does that, and he is 100% trustworthy....He will NEVER forsake us or leave us......believe the simplicity found in Christ...

It pleased GOD to save those that believe<-------as simple as this.....and it is eternal, everlasting.....not temporal like the salvation losers or workers for would have one think.....

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Well I worked outside all day......did not help keep me saved..........JESUS does that, and he is 100% trustworthy....He will NEVER forsake us or leave us......believe the simplicity found in Christ...

It pleased GOD to save those that believe<-------as simple as this.....and it is eternal, everlasting.....not temporal like the salvation losers or workers for would have one think.....
Amen to that.

The prodigal son did no works, he simply returned to the Father, who forgave him in an instant.
Nor the forgiven tax collector who beat on his breast.
Nor did Zacchaeus do any works whatsoever before being saved.
The thief on the cross did nothing but ask for forgiveness.
Christ instantly forgave paralytics for their sins, works-free of course.

Dec 12, 2013
What work did Adam have to do to get God to kill animals, shed blood, make the coats of skins and cover Adam's nakedness and shame......NONE

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy has he SAVED US <---Past tense for the naysayers that say we do not yet have salvation.....!