Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Cannot find that computer game you two are playing. Shoot rockets, Philistine squatters, what is the name of that Game ? ? ?
Was referencing the news and Palestinians launching rockets at Israel....

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I know this is off subject, but this is driving me crazy. My sister has gotten upset lately, because I do not hear my cell phone, all the time. I definitely cannot hear it if I am one room away from it. I understand her getting upset, because she worries allot because of my history with strokes. So I told her I would get a Smartwatch that buzzed on my wrist when she called or texted me, plus with my history I really could us an accurate Blood Pressure, and Heart Rate, and O2 level, and with my CPAP machine, it would be good to view my sleep pattern. I literally did not know those watches could do so much.

I had NO IDEA how many companies manufacture smartwatches. I figured there would be a dozen or more, NO, a couple thousand or more is more like it. I am waiting chest deep in Smartwatch Info on PAGES, AND PAGES, AND PAGES, just to try to find the best deal with out paying too much. What a headache.

Dec 12, 2013
I know this is off subject, but this is driving me crazy. My sister has gotten upset lately, because I do not hear my cell phone, all the time. I definitely cannot hear it if I am one room away from it. I understand her getting upset, because she worries allot because of my history with strokes. So I told her I would get a Smartwatch that buzzed on my wrist when she called or texted me, plus with my history I really could us an accurate Blood Pressure, and Heart Rate, and O2 level, and with my CPAP machine, it would be good to view my sleep pattern. I literally did not know those watches could do so much.

I had NO IDEA how many companies manufacture smartwatches. I figured there would be a dozen or more, NO, a couple thousand or more is more like it. I am waiting chest deep in Smartwatch Info on PAGES, AND PAGES, AND PAGES, just to try to find the best deal with out paying too much. What a headache.
Yea hand not cheap......

U

UnderGrace

Sorry I cannot offer any advice... except for the old saying you get what you pay for... middle of the road is sometimes a good place.

H

Hevosmies358

I wish there were some stats on this.
Hit me up if you DO got some stats on this.

Whats this? Well: Which group lives a more righteous life? OSAS or non-OSAS group?

My take on it: In the end times both groups living wicked lol.

Why did I mention this? Well because of the common accusation against OSAS, but look at the catholic church, SAFE TO SAY, folks aint living righteous in the catholic church?

My point is: Every group has folks living wicked and its not a good indication of who is right

Dec 12, 2013
I wish there were some stats on this.
Hit me up if you DO got some stats on this.

Whats this? Well: Which group lives a more righteous life? OSAS or non-OSAS group?

My take on it: In the end times both groups living wicked lol.

Why did I mention this? Well because of the common accusation against OSAS, but look at the catholic church, SAFE TO SAY, folks aint living righteous in the catholic church?

My point is: Every group has folks living wicked and its not a good indication of who is right
In a world of wickedness and violence NOAH was found righteous
And one time God told the prophet that he had 7000 that had not bowed the knee unto Baal
And in a world of Compromise Daniel and his three buddies held to their guns and refused to be defiled with the kings table

There will always be some living righteously and many saved with numerous fallacies.......

H

Hevosmies358

In a world of wickedness and violence NOAH was found righteous
And one time God told the prophet that he had 7000 that had not bowed the knee unto Baal
And in a world of Compromise Daniel and his three buddies held to their guns and refused to be defiled with the kings table

There will always be some living righteously and many saved with numerous fallacies.......
Imo its harder to live righteous now than ever. Because of TECHNOLOGY, access to wickedness like never before. I fear for the new generation.BUT its not all doom and gloom, THE GOSPEL is also more widely accessible than EVER.

Also because of the internet, Christians can better reach people and expose the strongholds!

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
John 5:24
Truly , truly , I say to you , he who hears My word , and believes in Him who sent Me , HAS eternal life , and does not come into judgment , but has passed out of death into life.
...xox...

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
John 5:24
Truly , truly , I say to you , he who hears My word , and believes in Him who sent Me , HAS eternal life , and does not come into judgment , but has passed out of death into life.
...xox...
My favorite Bible verse. 😎❤️🙏

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Salvation Losers pay attention.....WORD of the DAY

IRREVOCABLE
ametamelétos: not repented of
Original Word: ἀμεταμέλητος, ον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: ametamelétos
Phonetic Spelling: (am-et-am-el'-ay-tos)
Definition: not repented of
Usage: not to be repented of, about which no change of mind can take place, not affected by change of mind.

For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
not of works, lest anyone should boast.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
AMEN and Praise God for His mercy

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I have a question that I need an answer to. This question is for anyone who believes you can Lose your Salvation.

WHAT MAKE YOU SO SURE THAT YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY LOST YOUR SALVATION ? ? ?

RevelationsMc

Aug 23, 2019
Usa
Galatians 5:16 KJV
[16] This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
My favorite Bible verse. 😎❤️🙏
This is my favourite verse.

John 17:23
23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.

God loves us as much as he loves Jesus.

I read that verse many times but always overlooked it.
Not sure if it was conscious or subconscious.

Aftertall how could the creator love me as much as he loves Jesus.
Dirty rotten sinner who had no way of reconciliation to the Father.
Well this dirty rotten sinner thought he could.
Work for it, be perfect that will save me.
Alas I couldn't achieve the perfection required from God or Jesus.
Therefore I am doomed.

Then one day when laid up with a bad back God asked me to spend time with him.
I said "no" three times.
You see I couldn't come before God because of guilt, fear of rejection.
God saying "Sorry Bill but now you are out, off to hell with you"

So the 4th time I opened the Bible and said "Ok let's talk"

God said go to

Romans 5:1-5

1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

So I read the above and was confused.
I had no peace with God.
My anxiety was so severe.
If my anxiety was so severe how could I have faith?
So I looked up the Greek for peace.
It has nothing to do with anxiety.
Basically it means that there is no longer an emnity between God and me.
The war has ended, he has initiated this peace.
Ok I thought.
This peace is as a result of faith.
So I looked up the meaning of faith.
When I saw what it meant I thought "I have this faith"

I believe in Jesus and want to be like him.

Then I looked up this word love.

AGAPE.

That then led me to my favourite verse above.

But I then read

Genesis 3:15
15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

From the beginning of time the Father had a plan in place.
This was as a result of his Agape love

This was fulfilled

John 19:30
30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

Matthew 27:51
51 Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split,

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
He's posted that in a bunch of different threads. Pretty good verse, I suppose. I guess he likes it...
No problem with the verse.

But was wondering why just quote the one verse.
When the purpose of chapter 5 is not the focus on that one verse.

The focus is in liberty and love.

Galatians 5:14
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Now if we

Galatians 5:22
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Walk in the spirit of love then we will not seek to walk in the flesh (but a times we do)

If love is not central then is it of faith?
Are we saved by faith or not doing?

Faith saves which leads to doubt as a result of love.

So I was not sure of the intent of the verse posted.

I am sure @RevelationsMc will clarify

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
This is my favourite verse.

John 17:23
23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.

God loves us as much as he loves Jesus.

I read that verse many times but always overlooked it.
Not sure if it was conscious or subconscious.

Aftertall how could the creator love me as much as he loves Jesus.
Dirty rotten sinner who had no way of reconciliation to the Father.
Well this dirty rotten sinner thought he could.
Work for it, be perfect that will save me.
Alas I couldn't achieve the perfection required from God or Jesus.
Therefore I am doomed.

Then one day when laid up with a bad back God asked me to spend time with him.
I said "no" three times.
You see I couldn't come before God because of guilt, fear of rejection.
God saying "Sorry Bill but now you are out, off to hell with you"

So the 4th time I opened the Bible and said "Ok let's talk"

God said go to

Romans 5:1-5

1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

So I read the above and was confused.
I had no peace with God.
My anxiety was so severe.
If my anxiety was so severe how could I have faith?
So I looked up the Greek for peace.
It has nothing to do with anxiety.
Basically it means that there is no longer an emnity between God and me.
The war has ended, he has initiated this peace.
Ok I thought.
This peace is as a result of faith.
So I looked up the meaning of faith.
When I saw what it meant I thought "I have this faith"

I believe in Jesus and want to be like him.

Then I looked up this word love.

AGAPE.

That then led me to my favourite verse above.

But I then read

Genesis 3:15
15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

From the beginning of time the Father had a plan in place.
This was as a result of his Agape love

This was fulfilled

John 19:30
30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

Matthew 27:51
51 Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split,
Hi Bill
I have just started reading John today , well this morning with a nice cup of freshly brewed coffee , just the Lord and me...

I to am reading it with different eyes so to speak , and I have an excitement about reading it this time...

That is why I posted the verse this morning , it really sunk into my heart , I believe what I am reading , I am thirsty and hungry more than ever for the word...

Love it when you write us your little testimonies , it always encourages me , you write with a simple tone
Love you brother...xox...