Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
I wasn’t using orthodox in that sense. The word orthodox refers to Christians who cut straight, ie rightly divide the Word. It’s use in this way predates orthodox churches, which applied it to themselves.

What you said is like if I said “holiness is a desired attribute for Christians “, and then you say “ I don’t agree with Holiness churches”😀

Oh and orthodox churches are definitely not Calvinist,l...and neither am I. I am neither Calvinist or part of Eastern Orthodox or any other such churches
sorry im not american english or australian. i misunderstood my apologies.

english isnt my mother tongue

E

eternally-gratefull

Are we? ... I thought the war was won... we were given an instruction manual on how to be victorious:unsure:
Eph 6: For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

2 cor 10: Now I, Paul, myself am pleading with you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ—who in presence am lowly among you, but being absent am bold toward you. 2 But I beg you that when I am present I may not be bold with that confidence by which I intend to be bold against some, who think of us as if we walked according to the flesh. 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare arenot [a]carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

We are in a spiritual war, satan is at war to destroy us, and to keep others from joining us

E

eternally-gratefull

amen i believe in easy believism. and once saved always saved. i quote what i said in other topic:

its easy to be saved

its as easy as:

drinking a glass of water:
John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

eating:
John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

entering through a door:
John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

looking:
John 3:14-15 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Yet it is so hard only a few will enter in,, many will enter the wide gate, because of how hard it is

U

UnderGrace

Eph 6: For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

2 cor 10: Now I, Paul, myself am pleading with you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ—who in presence am lowly among you, but being absent am bold toward you. 2 But I beg you that when I am present I may not be bold with that confidence by which I intend to be bold against some, who think of us as if we walked according to the flesh. 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare arenot [a]carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

We are in a spiritual war, satan is at war to destroy us, and to keep others from joining us
Big picture for me ... the war is won I rest in Him.

E

eternally-gratefull

im getting tired of christianity

so many terms and words. "lordship salvationist", dispensationalist, annihilationist, conditionalist, replacement theology, calvinism, arminianism, cessationist, continuationist.
Thats why we are so divided, we put people into groups instead of trying to understand what individuals believe, and thus are rendered powerless to see or hear anyone

E

eternally-gratefull

here is the difference in what you say vs. what you have e.g. quoted as saying-

what he said was true, but notice he just made a statement and left it. he did not embellish details about how that would look , because there is no time frame or some type of formula as to how that looks.

what your false lordship theology lies and says is one MUST manifest this or that in a certain ( short) time frame.

so, you start out as telling the truth , but you keep talking and talk yourself into a lie.
He looked at the words, not the purpose behind those words.

Dec 27, 2018
sorry im not american english or australian. i misunderstood my apologies.

english isnt my mother tongue
No need for apology. My point is that you came to Jesus because God loved you, and sent His Son to die for you, and sent His Spirit to draw you. And faithful is He to complete the good work He began in you

Work of Christ

Drawn to Jesus

Faith granted

Regenerated- born again, spiritual resurrection,new nature in. Christ

Justified- forgiven, declared righteous

Sanctified- conformed to image of Christ

Kept by the power of God through faith- also known as perseverance.

Glorified -God completes the good work He began in us

All aspects of salvation

E

eternally-gratefull

Well some have let their faith be shipwrecked because of the trials of life but it does not mean they were not saved.

Sapphira and Ananias were saved and look what happened to them.
Yep hey died physically

Nothing states they are not in heaven today.

E

eternally-gratefull

EG you should know @Macabeus is quoting you in his signature line... so every time he posts I think it is you... o_O
Lol yeah, when he is the last person to post and i open a thread i see it and it confuses me also

Oh well, if it helps him (i doubt it will).

E

eternally-gratefull

Big picture for me ... the war is won I rest in Him.
You also better put on the armor of god

If it was not so important paul would not tell us to do it

Yes, the war is one, but it still wages on, and will until the end.