Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
1 Corinthians 5:5 5hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the LORD.
New International Version , Copyright 2011-2019 Biblica

Notice it dosn't say so he can go to hell. it says; "so his spirit can be saved."
may be saved.

we dont know if that guy was saved ever or not

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
The ones who are hostile to gods grace, think they are living holy lives because they obey a few commands, and do not understand the curse of the law always shock me, i can never understand why they think their self righteousness will be accepted by god
I can never understand why those who think they don`t have to obey any commands will be accepted by God. The goats are sent away because of sins they haven`t repented for.

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Yeah, add words to the text. Yes follow in faith, but the very phrase you created by adding words to the text, (though there’s nothing wrong with the statement itself) indicates that faith is always active, to which the epistle of Jame agrees. Everyone in the faith chapter of Hebrews followedvGodvin faith, and how did their faith manifest.

The works do not save, but saving faith is not a dead faith

Follow in faith. Well even though YOU ADDED WORDS to a text, it’s ok, because it doesn’t hurt the meaning. So. What does it mean to follow in faith?
I added nothing; I simply emphasized. When Jesus says obedience He means being faithful and loving. When you say obedience you interject an “or else” connotation. Thank God His grace rules the day.

Dec 27, 2018
I added nothing; I simply emphasized. When Jesus says obedience He means being faithful and loving. When you say obedience you interject an “or else” connotation. Thank God His grace rules the day.
Where did I say or else? All my statements were descriptive. John 10:27 is descriptive. I interpret John 10:27 as a descriptive, not proscriptive. Therefore you have not read my posts with comprehension.

Now do you understand what I just said, or shall I explain it to you

Dec 27, 2018
You added two words, though I agree with the thought, I wouldn’t call it fixing Jesus’ words.

The whole post was DESCRIPTIVE in nature. As are my other statements on this. The fact that you read “or else” into what I said causes me to question whether you are being dishonest or or not reading with understanding

Do you know what a descriptive, as opposed to a prescriptive statement is. There’s good dictionaries online

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
You added two words, though I agree with the thought, I wouldn’t call it fixing Jesus’ words.

The whole post was DESCRIPTIVE in nature. As are my other statements on this. The fact that you read “or else” into what I said causes me to question whether you are being dishonest or or not reading with understanding
Fixing Jesus’ words? That’s heretical. And I’m not being dishonest. Obviously I’m brutally honest which is why you became so upset.

What happened to that cocky little know it all high fiving his little works compadre while disrespecting people who disagree with them? (that would be you). You now have a much softer tone.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Who said you did? ...I indicated that you do and will. this is a good post
Thanks. There was some inclination that I didn't do works by someone but hey, it's all copacetic. As long as my Savior knows my heart, that's all that counts. Bottom line is that what's in our hearts is what counts most.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Obey, works, obey, works. There is not one single person on this awesome thread who has obeyed all the commandments. We are not under the law anymore, praise Jesus Christ the Lord. We are to ask forgiveness if we realize we have sinned or have been disobedient. Yes. But to try to continue to live under the law is self-defeating. It couldn't be done in the beginning and it cannot be done now. Only the yielding to the Holy Spirit and the guidance of God's Words can keep us on as straight a path as a human can be on.

Dec 27, 2018
Fixing Jesus’ words? That’s heretical. And I’m not being dishonest. Obviously I’m brutally honest which is why you became so upset.

What happened to that cocky little know it all high fiving his little works compadre while disrespecting people who disagree with them? (that would be you). You now have a much softer tone.
I am only harsh with false accusers. Like you. So I will now be harsh with you.

You are a false accuser. Works of darkness you do. Here’s the charges...

I make my point by using DESCRIPTIVE texts, which means they are not prescribing actions in order to be saved, but rather describing those who are saved already. But you try to twist them into prescriptions. That makes you either a liar or someone who does not know how to rightly handle God’s Word

John 10:27 is descriptive

Hebrews 3:6 is descriptive

1John 3:3 is descriptive

1 John2:3 is descriptive

Now go find out what a descriptive statement is

If I am quoting them as descriptive, then they are not caused or grounds of salvation, they are effects of it

But obviously you don’t understand scripture. For if you did, you would know they were descriptive and would have known and understood my position. But apparently you never realized they were descriptive. Therefore you only read the Bible suprficially.

Soft enough for you?

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
I am only harsh with false accusers. Like you. So I will now be harsh with you.

You are a false accuser. Works of darkness you do. Here’s the charges...

I make my point by using DESCRIPTIVE texts, which means they are not prescribing actions in order to be saved, but rather describing those who are saved already. But you try to twist them into prescriptions. That makes you either a liar or someone who does not know how to rightly handle God’s Word

John 10:27 is descriptive

Hebrews 3:6 is descriptive

1John 3:3 is descriptive

1 John2:3 is descriptive

Now go find out what a descriptive statement is

If I am quoting them as descriptive, then they are not caused or grounds of salvation, they are effects of it

But obviously you don’t understand scripture. For if you did, you would know they were descriptive and would have known and understood my position. But apparently you never realized they were descriptive. Therefore you only read the Bible suprficially.

Soft enough for you?
It’s funny you didn’t use John 3:16 nor did you use Romans 10:9-10. Is there too much guarantee of salvation in those two Scriptures? I know, let’s check out Luke 12:32. On another note, don’t be harsh with me whatever you do, my fragile disposition can’t bear it. 😱

Dec 27, 2018
It’s funny you didn’t use John 3:16 nor did you use Romans 10:9-10. Is there too much guarantee of salvation in those two Scriptures? I know, let’s check out Luke 12:32. On another note, don’t be harsh with me whatever you do, my fragile disposition can’t bear it. 😱
If you had read my posts from yesterday, you wouldn’t have written this ludicrous post. I defended Security of the believer yesterday. You do nothing but pratfall over and over again. Ask @BillG what I said. As @mailmandan what I said. Ask @calibob what I said.

You are just another false accuser. I have enough of those already on my plate

Dec 27, 2018
Are the words “ so that” a hina of purpose.? So his flesh must be destroyed so that His Spirit can be saved. So it is God going to extreme measures to preserve from hell. That means that Gods present and future preservation of us is necessary for our spirit to be saved in the day of Christ

It is not our works that save us, it is what God did that saved us

It is not our works that keeps us, it is the power and providence of God,
Send to @Lightskin

Dec 27, 2018
U

UnderGrace

Thanks. There was some inclination that I didn't do works by someone but hey, it's all copacetic. As long as my Savior knows my heart, that's all that counts. Bottom line is that what's in our hearts is what counts most.
It is Jesus in our heart that counts.;)

Dec 27, 2018
Post 40, not of works but created in Christ Jesus unto good works.

Keep on misrepresenting people. It only shows that you turn the grace of God into a license to lie. You can lie all you want, and your spirit new nature is unharmed, because it’s only your body doing it.

Gnosticism. My body sins all it wants and my new nature is still righteous. A guy named @Budman promoted this. It is totally Gnostic

Dec 27, 2018
It is Jesus in our heart that counts.;)
Yeah, and as I said in 107,257, it is Jesus who keeps us. But you keep accusing me of works salvation, lying. Does this “license to lie” you have mean you agree with the gnostic tenet that a Christian can sin all he wants, because it’s only his or her body doing it, and the new nature is not involved. That’s how some interpret “the one who is born of God does not (practice) sin. (Practice is based on the tense of the verb). This teaching that is promoted by some is a horrible mishandling of scripture