Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

I’m in total agreement, your gospel based on your study methods is polar opposite to my beliefs based on reading the KJV.

But would you please explain where Jesus was when the sorrows of hell surrounded him.

Where was he when he was crying out to God in distress?

Where was he when the earth shook and trembled; the foundations of heaven moved and shook, because he was wroth.

If this is not hell, a place of torment and sorrows located in the heart of the earth, then what do you call that place?
Hell is the lake of fire. Where people are sent AFTER the final judgment

Jesus did not go there

My gospel (way to heaven) is based on the word of God. This actual discussion has nothing to do with the gospel.

Your limited by your bible

I am not limited. I am able to go seek all truth because my belief is not limited to some interpretation of the word created in the 1600;s

either way, lets stick to the topic, not what bible we got it from. ok?

Nov 23, 2013
Hell is the lake of fire. Where people are sent AFTER the final judgment

Jesus did not go there

My gospel (way to heaven) is based on the word of God. This actual discussion has nothing to do with the gospel.

Your limited by your bible

I am not limited. I am able to go seek all truth because my belief is not limited to some interpretation of the word created in the 1600;s

either way, lets stick to the topic, not what bible we got it from. ok?
What do you call the place of sorrows and torment where Jesus went?

E

eternally-gratefull

What do you call the place of sorrows and torment where Jesus went?
I told you how i see it

Hades, (also called sheol) the abode of the dead.

The same place where people will be DELIVERED to jesus

Rev 20: 13 Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Nov 23, 2013
I told you how i see it

Hades, (also called sheol) the abode of the dead.

The same place where people will be DELIVERED to jesus

Rev 20: 13 Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Why did you start this discussion with me?

You said that no one was in hell yet and hell isn't even in the version of Bible your using. Your version calls hell hades.

So has anyone been to hades/hell yet or no?

Did Jesus go to hell/hades or not?

E

eternally-gratefull

did Jesus go to where Satan and his angels and all unbelievers will end up after the great white throne? A place most people call hell? No

Did Jesus go to Hades, or a place where the dead currently reside? Yes

I think we already established this along time ago,

I never started this discussion in the first place.

maybe people interpret different places differently? I do not know

but if you want me to say Jesu went to the place satan and his demons and all unbelievers will end up for eternity. ( a place most people call hell) The answer will always be no.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Amen....exactly why JESUS said --->He that has eyes to see and ears to hear.....and after almost 33 years of intensive study and 45 years in church I have concluded that the King Jimmy, if NOT looked at through the lens of the Greek and Hebrew can lead astray.......hence the current misapplication of the word translated HELL....
Oh no! Watch it now! NO NO! NOT THE KING JIMMY.

The Apostles spoke english, just check the quotes. Acts 16:30-31, what language did he use to ask Paul and Silas what shall I do? HUH? you tell me, He didnt say anything in greek as you can read, DUH. Its in english (KJV english) as is their response.

This proves KJV is true and "the greek" is only there to distract you from the original KJV. 1611.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
did Jesus go to where Satan and his angels and all unbelievers will end up after the great white throne? A place most people call hell? No

but if you want me to say Jesu went to the place satan and his demons and all unbelievers will end up for eternity. ( a place most people call hell) The answer will always be no.
Hi bro

We all know that hell is not what Jesus said.
He referred to a place called Gehenna.
The valley of Hinnom

It's not really worth arguing about it.

Don't argue with people who want to impress something over us to satisfy themselves that they are right and we are wrong.

Whether Jesus went to hell or not is irrelevant and it ain't gonna win people for Jesus.

Nov 23, 2013

How many hell/hades are there EG?

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Then remain ignorant. I rest in God who told me: I don't need your help. He doesn't need my help to convince others to walk in Love. The Holy Spirit convinces us of sin. Jesus did take our sin mature to hell and was saved by the Holy Spirit and why we can't be saved by our works: we have been sentenced to death by God. Our Hope is the Way Jesus made in Himself. You seek to quarrel is the dead work that you speak against and are ensnared in by judging others.
And what is the sin the Holy Spirit convices us off?

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Then remain ignorant. I rest in God who told me: I don't need your help. He doesn't need my help to convince others to walk in Love. The Holy Spirit convinces us of sin. Jesus did take our sin mature to hell and was saved by the Holy Spirit and why we can't be saved by our works: we have been sentenced to death by God. Our Hope is the Way Jesus made in Himself. You seek to quarrel is the dead work that you speak against and are ensnared in by judging others.
How did Jesus take our sin nature to hell?
Can you quote scripture?

Any scripture to back up he was saved by the Holy Spirit.
I'm sure I have asked you before but can't recall a response.

Dec 27, 2018

Simple answer. Hades and Gehenna are not the same thing. I know you know that, but KJV doesn’t

Nov 23, 2013
Me thinks you just like to argue

I made my point and you obviously still do. Not understand
I hate to argue, but that’s beside the point you’re just dodging my question. You’re post is below.

You said Jesus didn't go to the place where Satan and his angels and all unbelievers will end up. (red text)
You said some people call that hell but the bible version you quoted earlier said Hades.

Next statement you said Jesus went to Hades. (blue text)

You made two statements that contradict each other. That's why I asked you how many hell/hades there are.

E

eternally-gratefull

I hate to argue, but that’s beside the point you’re just dodging my question. You’re post is below.

You said Jesus didn't go to the place where Satan and his angels and all unbelievers will end up. (red text)
You said some people call that hell but the bible version you quoted earlier said Hades.

Next statement you said Jesus went to Hades. (blue text)

You made two statements that contradict each other. That's why I asked you how many hell/hades there are.
You are still twisting what i said

This happens all the time with you, not interested.

E

eternally-gratefull

I posted exactly what you said lol. How can I twist the words YOU WROTE. SMH
You did, because you misinterpreted what i said.

This is why i placed you on ignore before, do i have to again?

E

eternally-gratefull

Just for clarification

These are two different places.

One is before judgment one is after,