Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Pisteuo

yours has failed the test, many times. you just do not want to admit it....
Don't you mean the Strong's and Vines dictionaries have failed? That's basically all I've submitted!

Or you haven't read all my posts to be up to speed?

P

Pisteuo

Too new to be true! if it took that much time to figure out something its probably FALSE.

I love that gimmick that MANY of the folks who have gotten on here have. They come along as new members and say "I've spent X amount of time into studying the Bible and THIS unheard of before doctrine is what I am presenting to you. And ya better believe it!" that should instantly raise some RED FLAGS and warning sirens in your mind going "TOO NEW TO BE TRUE ALERT!"

Look the Bible isnt rocket science, you dont need to study the Bible for a century to come up with the right doctrine. IT AINT THAT DIFFICULT. The Bible is an easy read, and dont let anyone flim flam you with "THE GREEK" like mr Pisteuo is doing here. "Oh in the greek here it means" IM SURE IT DOES. Lets deal with the english please, I feel some folks cant get past the english, so stay away from the greek till you got the BASIC ENGLISH figured out.

But now that its been brought up. Yall got lucky and got blessed with me breaking it down for you right now, here is the PROPRIETARY, EXCLUSIVE, HIDDEN WISDOM:

The word "believe" in the greek means...... wait for it........ BELIEVE yup. Thats what it means
The word "faith" in the greek means.............. you guessed it, FAITH.
No!???
Pisteuo is a verb, even you were taught a verb is an act, based upon a Belief, sustained by confidence.

It's obvious you haven't kept up on this discussion or whatever this is, so get caught up before you post to me please.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
No!???
Pisteuo is a verb, even you were taught a verb is an act, based upon a Belief, sustained by confidence.

It's obvious you haven't kept up on this discussion or whatever this is, so get caught up before you post to me please.
Aint nobody got time fo' dat!

U

UnderGrace

That is speaking of someone who already has the Spirit of Christ in them.

At the start of the salvation process, we all start without His Spirit. No Spirit of Christ, means Christ is none of ours, His word is none of ours, and His promises are not ours yet.

So how do you begin a walk with Christ without the Spirit of Christ in us yet?
A justified person is not at the beginning of the salvation process.

They are born from above and are new creations in Christ Jesus.

Positionally sanctified in Him, the part that is a process is learning to live out our positional place in Him, and learning about Him but these are not to be saved/justified.

P

Pisteuo

A justified person is not at the beginning of the salvation process.

They are born from above and are new creations in Christ Jesus.

Positionally sanctified in Him, the part that is a process is learning to live out our positional place in Him, and learning about Him but these are not to be saved/justified.
Really.

UG. Does everyone come to Christ without the Spirit of Christ?

P

Pisteuo

You're right, I got to trim my moustache its a bit longer on the left side. I'll get on it!

You couldnt land a hit with a louisville slugger!
Is that what were doing here? I thought it was trying to save you and your household!

U

UnderGrace

Really.

UG. Does everyone come to Christ without the Spirit of Christ?
I do not know what you mean, are you taking a Calvinist stance that people are regenerated before they are saved?

P

Pisteuo

I do not know what you mean, are you taking a Calvinist stance that people are regenerated before they are saved?
It's a simple question UG. Last chance to answer.

Do we all come to Christ at the beginning, before we do anything, "without" the Spirit of Christ? Yes or no.

U

UnderGrace

It's a simple question UG. Last chance to answer.

Do we all come to Christ at the beginning, before we do anything, "without" the Spirit of Christ? Yes or no.
I cannot answer something I do not understand.

"Come to Christ" can mean different things to people.

Last chance eh? Good thing I do not believe in chance.

P

Pisteuo

We're you born with the Spirit of Christ?

P

Pisteuo

You can't bring yourself to put your understanding on the table to be looked at in the light.

I'll leave you and Hemo to play with each other since you think this is a game.

U

UnderGrace

We're you born with the Spirit of Christ?
Born with?

No, I was not born with the Spirit of Christ, I was born in a hospital though with a doctor and nurse in attendance?

See why your words are not clear.

Feb 28, 2016
his words are not 'unclear', they are very direct really and, I can very clearly answer -
we are ALL born with a 'part of our heavenly Fathers Spirit - what happens afterwards
is part of the mystery of all of our lives = ???

P

Pisteuo

his words are not 'unclear', they are very direct really and, I can very clearly answer -
we are ALL born with a 'part of our heavenly Fathers Spirit - what happens afterwards
Thanks for the crumb olde, there hard to come by with this group.

Let me try to pin this down. So at birth, ( into this world we call earth) your saying that we are partially given the Spirit of Christ?

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
The English language tends to limit Faith to the mind, to belief, to the emotions, and confidence or trust. And it leaves the "Will", to another word which is "obedience". The King James thus sets free, Faith from Works. The Greek did not allow that. You didn't have "Pistis" (Faith) until you added the "Will" and hung the body in continuing action on what the mind believed and what the heart had confidence in. It was an expression of the "Whole Man"...
I would think, this is not a translation problem and it is not a KJV only. All the while almost all English versions of the Bible translated it correctly as faith etc but not "surrender". I would rather question your very definition of saving faith that leaves the "will". You are actually opposing the very core of what saving faith is, as a conviction operative on the character and will as opposed to your speculative faith.

Saving faith responds to the gospel upon the conviction of the Holy Spirit by believing, trusting only Christ for salvation. Speculative faith, on the other hand, may hear but not altogether believe it, it takes to obey to add what Christ did on the cross. The reality, he is not really trusting in the finished work of Christ.

U

UnderGrace

Where is this in scripture.... being born with part of the heavenly Father's Spirit?

P

Pisteuo

I would think, this is not a translation problem and it is not a KJV only. All the while almost all English versions of the Bible translated it correctly as faith etc but not "surrender". I would rather question your very definition of saving faith that leaves the "will". You are actually opposing the very core of what saving faith is, as a conviction operative on the character and will as opposed to your speculative faith.

Saving faith responds to the gospel upon the conviction of the Holy Spirit by believing, trusting only Christ for salvation. Speculative faith, on the other hand, may hear but not altogether believe it, it takes to obey to add what Christ did on the cross. The reality, he is not really trusting in the finished work of Christ.
Your Faith or Faithing, as you've described it, is in the word of God. Your object of Faith is God's word!

With true NT saving Faith and faithing, the object of Faith is Jesus Christ Himself! A realationship with a real living person!

That is the difference between you and I.

Feb 28, 2016
Thanks for the crumb olde, there hard to come by with this group.

Let me try to pin this down. So at birth, ( into this world we call earth) your saying that we are partially given the Spirit of Christ?
============================
of course, else we wouldn't even be able to have a clue/knowledge to who or what He is or where we are coming from or even if we
can imagine a future for ourselves, that is 'impossible without an Holy intervention...