Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
I think you should go over the context and find what hope is this all about or are you trying to hop what is not all about.
There's only one hope the bible talks of, that of eternal life also known as salvation. Which other hope is in your mind?

E

eternally-gratefull

"you shall know them by their fruit."

Contention and envy have no place in the Kingdom of God.

So many today mock what they cannot understand, or refuse to accept.

Sad, that this is the "light" that others must see.
Look in the mirror

then take head to your own suggestion and comment,

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Romans 16:20
The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.
not good. this never happened the romans who this was written to are long gone and satan not crushed. why?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
The workers who take Christ's Glory away, and trample on the Spirit of Grace, by preaching THEIR works, and THEIR overcoming to attain or maintain Salvation, have called up reinforcements!

Oct 16, 2019
Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
But who in the world has a confident expectation for what they already have?
A man proposes to his showcase trophy girlfriend and she accepts. They abstain from premarital sex yet he has a confident expectation to make love to her once they are married. He already has her but there is so much more awaiting their future together. That’s confident expectation.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Oh, I agree with the Word of God, the "whole counsel of God."

I used that "worm" phrase, because I know some here cannot accept that the overcoming "elect" will become "one with Christ Jesus as He is One with the Father." That Truth and prayer of Jesus stands in direct opposition to many denominations 'Statement of Faith.'
I couldn’t care less about any denomination’s statement of faith. Jesus teaches us that if we have faith in Him we have eternal life with Him. It’s not rocket science.

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
My personal prayer is that the churches today would teach the whole Truth of the Gospel.... Friends, God determines whether we are a "Christian" by what we do (our choices, our deeds, our actions), not by what we say we believe in.
Never does God judge or reward anyone by their confessed belief, their doctrine or statement of faith. He judges and rewards all men according to our works. (see Psalm 62:12, Prov 24:12, Jer 17:10, Jer 32:19, Eze 33:20, Lam 3:64, Matt 16:27, John 5:29, Rom 2:6, Rom 14:12, 2 Cor 5:10, 1Pet 1:17, Rev 20:12, and Rev 22:12 for starters)

Of a Truth, our eternal destiny in determined by our obedience and our behavior in this life.

Jesus taught this. The Apostles taught this.

Looking here at a passage that you'll seldom here from a pulpit, as it goes against much modern man-made theology.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Trust Him as long as He saves you? Would you trust Him if He decided not to save you?
So that you are trusting in the wrong Saviour. It cannot save, would he decide not to save you when trust him? Thus what you are trusting in is yourself then by maintaining it (self) but of course, Christ saves and always be a Saviour to them who trust him for their salvation.

12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. 15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

P

Pisteuo

So that you are trusting in the wrong Saviour. It cannot save, would he decide not to save you when trust him? Thus what you are trusting in is yourself then by maintaining it (self) but of course, Christ saves and always be a Saviour to them who trust him for their salvation.

12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. 15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
How can I be trusting in myself when I've surrendered my life to Him. It's not mine anymore, it's His now!

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Amen brother.

"Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." - John 17:1-3

Eternal Life is to know God and become one with His Son, Jesus.

"that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." - John 17:2-23

Oh glory!
And when these God has chosen to become one with Christ, His "co-heirs", are "perfected" by their obedience; having "walked worthy" and "overcome", THEN the world will believe.

And that IS Bible! (y);)

Oh boy.... opening up the can of worms now! :eek:
You are basically wrong equating knowledge is salvation. You forgot the scripture says "And this is life eternal, that... meaning this is to state a result, purpose or cause. oh boy...