Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
Just answer the question ... how much good works or good behaviour saves?
Zero good works are required to be "saved" from bondage to sin. I've stated that many times, my friend. :rolleyes:

What I'm addressing is far beyond that very first step of our Journey.

The entire New Testament teaches the True "believer" who has been "saved" that to inherit the promises of God in Rev 2 & 3, they must Repent and Walk Worthy. There is no verse you can quote that cancels this Truth.

My time in this thread is drawing to a close.
Too much darkness and stubbornness.
We are called to "Let our light so shine before men, that they may see our good works and glorify our Father in heaven." (Matt 5:16)

Contention, envy and strife will not inherit the Kingdom. Especially if it emanates from those who claim to believe.

"The Lord knows those who are His, and everyone who names the Name of the Lord must turn away from unrighteousness." (2Tim 2:19)

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
I am always amazed at the many....the plenteous in number that gets cast.....they called Jesus Lord twice......fully expected to enter the kindgom and 100% believed that the right to enter was not only based upon the LORD, BUT ALSO their MANY WONDERFUL WORKS IN THE NAME OF JESUS <---ALMOST ALL so called CHRISTIAN religions believe this in some form or fashion....JESUS said the NUMBER WAS MANY and this is exactly why......!! Add anything that you do to faith for salvation, or to keep maintain salvation = the many!!
Exactly! So many today who claim to be a "Christian" because they have said the Name of the Lord, will find themselves cast out of the Kingdom in that Day, because they have rejected His Word and failed to Repent and Walk Worthy.

It truly is amazing!

May you be found among those who have "overcome" when the Lord returns.

Dec 12, 2013
Exactly! So many today who claim to be a "Christian" because they have said the Name of the Lord, will find themselves cast out of the Kingdom in that Day, because they have rejected His Word and failed to Repent and Walk Worthy.

It truly is amazing!

Nice lemonaide twist there pal....the root problem was the false gospel of faith plus works that they gummed like a pacifier.....and make no mistake ...so far I have seen your gospel fits right in with the many......You must help Jesus right.....yep...figures!

U

UnderGrace

Zero good works are required to be "saved" from bondage to sin. I've stated that many times, my friend. :rolleyes:

What I'm addressing is far beyond that very first step of our Journey.

The entire New Testament teaches the True "believer" who has been "saved" that to inherit the promises of God in Rev 2 & 3, they must Repent and Walk Worthy. There is no verse you can quote that cancels this Truth.

My time in this thread is drawing to a close.
Too much darkness and stubbornness.
We are called to "Let our light so shine before men, that they may see our good works and glorify our Father in heaven." (Matt 5:16)

Contention, envy and strife will not inherit the Kingdom. Especially if it emanates from those who claim to believe.

"The Lord knows those who are His, and everyone who names the Name of the Lord must turn away from unrighteousness." (2Tim 2:19)
So saved is not really saved.:cautious:

I do not need to quote a verse, you need to quantify your claim, so let me rephrase how worthy does one's walk have to be to inherit the promises.

So in other words how good must I be, or how bad must I not be?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
So saved is not really saved.:cautious:

I do not need to quote a verse, you need to quantify your claim, so let me rephrase how worthy does one's walk have to be to inherit the promises.

So in other words how good must I be, or how bad must I not be?
He CANNOT answer. Either he thinks he is a sinless perfectionist, or redefines sin and God's perfect standard.

There is no other way. This is why guys like him that push our Salvation is dependent on US, instead of Christ, is so dangerous. I pity the people he has led down a very dark path, that is part of the wide path of destruction.

U

UnderGrace

It truly is amazing!

I have done my research, you are a follower Robert B. Thompson a false teacher who teaches that the righteousness of Christ is not sufficient to save

Mangled theology demonstrating a complete lack of understanding.

Romans 3:25 states that he has forgiven our past sins. Imputed righteousness is needed at the beginning to get the guilt behind us so we can get started with serving God righteously.
http://www.wor.org/pastor/behavior-matters

U

UnderGrace

He CANNOT answer. Either he thinks he is a sinless perfectionist, or redefines sin and God's perfect standard.

There is no other way. This is why guys like him that push our Salvation is dependent on US, instead of Christ, is so dangerous. I pity the people he has led down a very dark path, that is part of the wide path of destruction.
I agree, I actually watched some of the videos, people sitting and listening to this, how sad!!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
You're welcome. :)

I have to ask... are you a man or a woman? Just curious, because the most fervent attacks against me, and denial of the Truth of what I preach (that has got me banned from 3 other "Christian" Forums) have always come from a woman for some reason.

Truly there is a reason why 1Tim 2:12 is in the Scripture.

Even my short time here has done much to reinforce the Truth I speak, as an elder, deacon and teacher in the church for many years.

Thank You, Lord, for Your Holy Spirit which is "guiding into all Truth" those who have "ears to hear."

Amen.
Umm... Maybe the problem is YOU and your massive ego and arrogance, and NOT the Christian websites you were banned from.

You think it's a badge of honor to be banned because YOU are soooo much smarter, and after all, God is supposedly patting you on the back with an "atta boy Mike!, my Son dying wasn't enough for them. You tell em!"

Dude. You are messed up!

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Indeed, I incorporate all the verses you've quoted above into what I preach. They greatly support the Truth of what I share. If you actually took time to watch the video, you'd understand that. ;)

I DO NOT THINK YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT I MEANT.

We were SAVED BEFORE TIME BEGAN, COMPLETELY and TOTALLY.

That is when HE WROTE OUR NAMES IN THE BOOK OF LIFE.

HE GAVE IT AS A FREE GIFT, NO ONE HAS ANYTHING TO EARN.

WE SERVE HIM STRICTLY BECAUSE WE LOVE HIM WITH THE LOVE HE PUT IN US, ROM. 5:5.

Your LIE IS: Of a Truth, our eternal destiny in determined by our obedience and our behavior in this life.

THERE IS NO PART OF OUR OBEDIENCE AND BEHAVIOR THAT ADDS 1/1000 OF ONE PERCENT TO OUR SALVATION, JESUS DID IT ALL BEFORE HE EVEN FORMED US IN THE WOMB OF OUR MOTHERS. OBEDIENCE AND BEHAVIOR, ARE NOT PART OF SALVATION, THEY ARE PART OF THE LOVE GOD HAD THE HOLY SPIRIT POUR INTO OUR HEARTS, (HUMAN SPIRIT). HE PLANNED IT, AND IT WAS AS GOOD AS DONE, THE MOMENT HE PLANNED IT:

Isaiah 46:11 (HCSB)
11 I call a bird of prey from the east, a man for My purpose from a far country.
Yes, I have spoken; so I will also bring it about. I have planned it; I will also do it.

Isaiah 14:24 (HCSB)
24 The LORD of Hosts has sworn: As I have purposed, so it will be; as I have planned it, so it will happen.

SALVATION WAS A PLAN OF THE LORD, AND SO IT WAS COMPLETED BEFORE TIME BEGAN.

Now do you get what we believe ? ? ?

P

Pisteuo

Psalm 84:3, Our "Resting" place is at God's altar, in His house. An altar is a place of death. It's a place where God's rights are recognized, and re-established. It's a place where our lack of rights are recognized and our absence of any negotiating position. It's where self must die, and where God alone, is Master...

P

Pisteuo

Some people never come to know God's ways, they never submit, they never truly come to the altar. They never give up and never quit thinking God is going to be their servant and serve their needs, and they never die, which is what you must to at an altar...

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Answer the question!

You cannot can you?

Therefore we can safely conclude the scripture teaches no such doctrine...... our works or behaviour do not save >>>>>>>period.

These three Pisteuo, Limmuwd, and JayceL are the real Tares. It kinda makes our differences seem Trivial, don't it?

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
When one looks up nothing in the dictionary, this is what they find....

Nothing
Descriptive Noun
The sum of what Noose knows concerning biblical salvation
Yeah because i used to know something (OSAS), it's not palatable anymore, a lie that's worse than nothing.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
The statemen I was referring to was against religious fanatic's. I would agree to a large degree as in cults or Islam. I also see we are encouraged to study the word day and night. As it says in psalm 1v2 see my signature if you don't the psalm memorized yet.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
@limmuwd please answer how much obedience saves? does it have to be perfect? what if you sin what then?
Easy.

1 John 5:3For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome, 4because everyone born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world: our faith.

2 John 1:6
And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the very commandment you have heard from the beginning, that you must walk in love.

So you are asking, how much love? all the love you can master. It is not burdensome so there's no excuse.

Heb 5: 8Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from what He suffered. 9And having been made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey Him

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Easy.

1 John 5:3For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome, 4because everyone born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world: our faith.

And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the very commandment you have heard from the beginning, that you must walk in love.

So you are asking, how much love? all the love you can master. It is not burdensome so there's no excuse.

Heb 5: 8Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from what He suffered. 9And having been made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey Him
Amen. Love th

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Easy.

Amen, Love the Lord our God with all of our hearts, minds and souls. Love our neighbors as ourselves. If we can do that, it would fulfill all of the commandments.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
These three Pisteuo, Limmuwd, and JayceL are the real Tares. It kinda makes our differences seem Trivial, don't it?
The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares has really come into perspective on this thread. (Matthew 13:24-30)