Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Pisteuo

There's no graduation from the schooling called Christianity down here. The Sabbath rest happens up there, not down here..

P

Pisteuo

For us, God added something to the example of the Passover that typifies Christ. And that is, "We are totally His". Total and Absolute possession, no cheap grace. Paul said, "In that He died for all, that they which live, do not live unto themselves, but unto Him that died for them and rose again. That's total possession, we don't have any rights.

P

Pisteuo

In the Greek, "The Lord is my Shepherd", means...Absolute, total, complete, nothing held back..."Mastery".

P

Pisteuo

We become a Saint, in terms of possession, not performance. "Sainthood", is position or the relationship of being possessed.

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
Man's opinion means very little to me.
The Lord has confirmed what He has given to me to preach, and that's all I need.
As Jesus, the Prophets and Apostles had to deal with such self-centered, unrepentant folk as well, I know I am in good company. :)

Anytime you're up for a real match, let me know! ;)

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
You’re openly accusing CC members of not repenting. Not only have we repented and bear good fruit, but none of us feel convicted by the Holy Spirit for wrong doings that are not taking place.

Name names otherwise you’re admitting you’re a false prophet spreading a false gospel and worthy of being accursed.
Again, you've admitted your guilt.

I leave you in His hands.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
The Lord has confirmed what He has given to me to preach, and that's all I need.
As Jesus, the Prophets and Apostles had to deal with such self-centered, unrepentant folk as well, I know I am in good company. :)

:poop::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

I agree. man's opinion means little to me.
that is why I pay 0 attention to what you write.. it is all your opinion.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

"I LEAVE"

This sounds like the best thing I've heard from you. I'm betting you won't leave until finally, just like everywhere else In the Christian community you have been, you are forced to leave.

But you will not learn from being tossed again. That will only feed your ego and massive delusion that any Christian who DENIES YOU will regret it on judgement Day. Those are your words. And that you can't see how utterly heretical that sentiment is, is sad and tragic, and full of the irony that IT IS YOU who will have the regret on that Day.
REPENT!!! Of this great heresy, and OVERCOME!

Of course those of us that are in Christ know that we will overcome BECAUSE HE HAS OVERCOME!

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019

I am in God’s hands, no thanks to you. On another note, I’ve admitted nothing.

That’s the second time you’ve deliberately failed to name names. Stop dodging and deflecting and name them. You know why you won’t, because you can’t.

You come in here with a false gospel that doesn’t save and false accusations against individuals who love Jesus Christ and dedicate their lives to serving Him.

YOU are exactly like Saul before his conversion and YOU are exactly why Christians are hated, vilified and attacked.

U

UnderGrace

How about you start by dealing with the word "metanoia"

Repentance means to feel remorse or regret for your sins; it's Latin root literally means "pain; suffering in view of being liable to punishment".

In the Old Latin and Latin Vulgate metanoia was translated as paenitentia which came to mean penance or acts of penance that had to be done if one hoped to obtain grace, therein lies the problem.

The etymology of the word is clear and what you teach is not true.

meta=after; noeo=to think. Put the two together and the effect of meta was “after the fact” or “afterwards.”

The word means "after-mind" and signifies a change of mind: thinking one way, but then afterwards thinking another. It is the opposite of pronoia (pro-nous) which means before-mind: the mind or thinking you have before.

The word metanoia in no way means turning from sin in and of itself, unlike the word 'repentance" the word metanoia relies heavily on context.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
The True definition of Repentance, which I have very accurately provided, means to change the mind, reject our sin and actually turn away from it. That is clear Bible.
The easy proof is in the consistent usage throughout the New Testament of the words "Repent" and "Repentance." For in not a single instance in the NT would a mere 'change of mind' fit what Jesus, John or the Apostles taught. Not once.
What you really provided the definition of 'repentance' is Mr. Vine not from the Bible. Of course, true repentance leads or results to change views, direction, that's clear from the Bible, but to equate them to repentance is not all true. Earlier English dictionary means to change mind…

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
When worker bees are asked what specific works must be done to maintain salvation, they never have an answer. I ask again, what specific works must one do to maintain salvation?

Dec 12, 2013
"I LEAVE"

This sounds like the best thing I've heard from you. I'm betting you won't leave until finally, just like everywhere else In the Christian community you have been, you are forced to leave.

But you will not learn from being tossed again. That will only feed your ego and massive delusion that any Christian who DENIES YOU will regret it on judgement Day. Those are your words. And that you can't see how utterly heretical that sentiment is, is sad and tragic, and full of the irony that IT IS YOU who will have the regret on that Day.
REPENT!!! Of this great heresy, and OVERCOME!

Of course those of us that are in Christ know that we will overcome BECAUSE HE HAS OVERCOME!
Amen....and it is our faith that has allowed us to overcome.....not some legalistic, working for, Catholic dogma peddled by Lemonade Stand

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I see that the Parable of the Wheat and the Tares (Matthew 13:24-30) continues to come into perspective in this thread. :cautious:

Dec 12, 2013
I am in God’s hands, no thanks to you. On another note, I’ve admitted nothing.

That’s the second time you’ve deliberately failed to name names. Stop dodging and deflecting and name them. You know why you won’t, because you can’t.

You come in here with a false gospel that doesn’t save and false accusations against individuals who love Jesus Christ and dedicate their lives to serving Him.

YOU are exactly like Saul before his conversion and YOU are exactly why Christians are hated, vilified and attacked.
Amen......legalistic, judgmental, hypocritical, peddler of an I save myself Catholic dogma........<--Lemonade Stand
When worker bees are asked what specific works must be done to maintain salvation, they never have an answer. I ask again, what specific works must one do to maintain salvation?
HAHA.....IN THEIR CASE....the answer is "ONE MORE"..............always one more.........

I'll work till Jesus comes
and then get cast away!

Workers for theme song according to the bible.....

Many will boast of Lemonade Stand's dogma and expect to enter........not happening if one adds anything to Jesus/faith..and to do such VOIDS the gospel!!

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
I see that the Parable of the Wheat and the Tares (Matthew 13:24-30) continues to come into perspective in this thread. :cautious:
Your post brought a thought to mind. Do works salvationists think that we who acknowledge we are saved by grace through faith are against good works?

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Your post brought a thought to mind. Do works salvationists think that we who acknowledge we are saved by grace through faith are against good works?
Yep they do along with preaching a license to sin.

You can tell them until you are blue on the face that what they accuse us of per the above we don't preach/teach that at all and they just ignore it.