Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

UnderGrace

You got Grace and Faith mixed in together, they are separate. Grace is what Jesus did by Faith with the Father. Faithing is what we do to receive that Grace from Christ, being in Him.

Do you really think that your understanding is not doing anything?
Believing is doing something, right? In your understanding you "must" believe! That's something your doing, right! Should I the be accusing you and the others of works based salvation?
Let me give you the short answer belief is not a work, think of something you believe, do you work at believing it?
NO.

Dec 12, 2013
Sickening that he has a following too!!
He pretty much admits Jesus was not God in the flesh!
Oh yes, and of course he has come to this "revelation" all on his own.
Everyone else has been wrong all this time....but he has been chosen to reveal the truth ...smh
Yeah.....he keeps peddling that crap, see how long he makes it...

P

Pisteuo

Let me give you the short answer belief is not a work, think of something you believe, do you work at believing it?
NO.
Sorry, that's not going to fly!
You are doing something that you freely admit you must do to be saved. That is considered work that exempts you from Grace. It's a works based salvation. Your rules UG!

U

UnderGrace

Sorry, that's not going to fly!
You are doing something that you freely admit you must do to be saved. That is considered work that exempts you from Grace. It's a works based salvation. Your rules UG!
Wow, you are really stooping pretty low to make this statement.

Like I said before you are completely immersed in your own false ideas of second by second salvation which really makes no common sense.

You know the gospel is quite simple, but you keep missing it by more than miles and miles, looking for ways to make it complicated.

P

Pisteuo

Why is this thread headlined " Jesus plus nothing?"

Clearly in your understanding and what your teaching here is " Jesus plus believing."

I'm getting a mixed message. The fact your pushing ," believing," must be done to inherit the Grace of God is you adding your work to Grace!

Why, isn't His work on the cross sufficient?

P

Pisteuo

Like I said before you are completely immersed in your own false ideas of second by second salvation which really makes no common sense.

You know the gospel is quite simple, but you keep missing it by more than miles and miles, looking for ways to make it complicated.
Can't you just answer the question, just once without the personal attacks.
Why is it you feel you must believe, adding to Grace?

P

Pisteuo

And stooping low, I've just got on the same playing field as you and the others here. How does it feel. Your practicing a works based salvation! According to you!

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
I am in God’s hands, no thanks to you. On another note, I’ve admitted nothing.

That’s the second time you’ve deliberately failed to name names. Stop dodging and deflecting and name them. You know why you won’t, because you can’t.

You come in here with a false gospel that doesn’t save and false accusations against individuals who love Jesus Christ and dedicate their lives to serving Him.

YOU are exactly like Saul before his conversion and YOU are exactly why Christians are hated, vilified and attacked.
Oh son, I do believe it's the other way around.

Unrepentant sinner's in the churches, who are still involved with the things of the world, and carnal attitudes like you and many others have displayed here, are the main reason why "Christianity" has a bad name in America today. You are not "Christian" according to Jesus' definition. Period. (And I don't count myself as 'Christian" yet either, before you get your panties in a bunch.)
To be called by that Name, and be found "worthy" of Him, as Jesus said, we must deny ourselves, pick up our cross daily, and follow Him."
Those who truly follow Him, would not speak as you do. Period. So, yes, I name YOU as one of the unrepentant ones. For the fruit of your life proves that. And God has called His Elect to judge those "in the churches."

"in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. 21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work. 22 Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. 24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, 26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will." - 2Tim 2:20-26

May you come to your senses, and purge yourself, for your attitude proves whom you serve.

U

UnderGrace

Can't you just answer the question, just once without the personal attacks.
Why is it you feel you must believe, adding to Grace?
I answered you did not accept my answer, believing is not a work.
Belief is not volitional, you cannot will your belief.

P

Pisteuo

My point UG.
You can't separate work and effort from Faith, not even if you try!

But it can " only" be the specific definitions and applications I've been giving you. As per the Greek language, as per the Greek dictionary, asper the Greek scriptures!

U

UnderGrace

Oh son, I do believe it's the other way around.

Unrepentant sinner's in the churches, who are still involved with the things of the world, and carnal attitudes like you and many others have displayed here, are the main reason why "Christianity" has a bad name in America today. You are not "Christian" according to Jesus' definition. Period. (And I don't count myself as 'Christian" yet either, before you get your panties in a bunch.)
To be called by that Name, and be found "worthy" of Him, as Jesus said, we must deny ourselves, pick up our cross daily, and follow Him."
Those who truly follow Him, would not speak as you do. Period. So, yes, I name YOU as one of the unrepentant ones. For the fruit of your life proves that. And God has called His Elect to judge those "in the churches."

"in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. 21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work. 22 Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. 24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, 26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will." - 2Tim 2:20-26

May you come to your senses, and purge yourself, for your attitude proves whom you serve.
Woah!! this is scary stuff!
Of course you are one of the ELECT called to judge

P

Pisteuo

Sure it is, it's something you must do to be saved. A works based salvation!

U

UnderGrace

My point UG.
You can't separate work and effort from Faith, not even if you try!

But it can " only" be the specific definitions and applications I've been giving you. As per the Greek language, as per the Greek dictionary, asper the Greek scriptures!
Wrong "faith" is not effort.

If it is an "effort" they you have not truly been persuaded/convicted of truth.

P

Pisteuo

You must " choose" to believe UG! That is an act of the will.

I surrender my will over to God, so I don't have that issue.