Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Another day of rehabilitation. Another day of going to WAR.

We doing 400 burpees STRAIGHT UP.

Being tired is a STATE OF MIND, remember that. A bit of coffee and good food and you good to go. Being consistent is key, repetition is the father of learning.
That goes for spiritual matters as well, CONSISTENT = trustworthy.

I believe in the TRIFECTA, body soul spirit nourished to the best possible limit in this cursed world.

Its like Hulk Hogan used to say: Say your prayers, eat your vitamins and be a real American! HUAA!

U

UnderGrace

Being tired is a STATE OF MIND, remember that. A bit of coffee and good food and you good to go. Being consistent is key, repetition is the father of learning.

I believe in the TRIFECTA, body soul spirit nourished to the best possible limit in this cursed world.

Its like Hulk Hogan used to say: Say your prayers, eat your vitamins and be a real American! HUAA!

Well maybe so, however, for me I am very thankful, unlike some posting here, that I am completely saved, securely saved based on the

work of Christ Jesus and having placed faith/trust in HIM, a one time event to be forever HIS adopted daughter.

Tragic that some preach otherwise!!!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

I burp every day, but not THAT many times!!! LMBO

HappyTears (2).gif

U

UnderGrace

My point UG.
You can't separate work and effort from Faith, not even if you try!

But it can " only" be the specific definitions and applications I've been giving you. As per the Greek language, as per the Greek dictionary, asper the Greek scriptures!

This is completely contradictory to scripture

Constantly creating a false narrative to protect your unbiblical ideas is all I am reading.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
He is saved second by second by continually "faithing"
That guy Pisteuo is an absolute loser going nowhere.

NO SUCH THING as faithing.

Lets apply that to the real world: You tell some atheist: "You believe in evolution??? You're believing a lie". See that word there believing is a verb, so THAT MEANS that atheist is sitting there CONSTANTLY meditating on evolution. AT the grocery store: Evolution, at the gym, EVOLUTION, in bed: evolution, in the shower: evolution,at work: evolution, taking out the trash: evolution.

See this is just RIDICILOUS.

And this spiritual bum COMPLETELY overlooked the fact that FAITH is a GIFT of God. I dont care what ANYONE has to say.

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Yeah its a NOUN there who woulda thought?

SHUT IT DOWN @Pisteuo aint nobody buying the snake oil you're selling. Its garbage works salvation, a circus sideshow IKEA doityourself salvation thats will produce NOTHING but fear and doubt in the lives of believers.

I FORBID YOU from teaching this garbage ever again and command you to believe the Gospel AT ONCE. Repent and believe the Gospel.

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
I believe that it cannot be called a gift if one has to "prove ourselves by Obedience".

Matthew 10:22 ( NKJV ) :
"And you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved."

The way I see this verse is that it is speaking of keeping one's faith and testimony of Jesus until the end. In other words, not denying one's faith in Jesus even under intense persecution. Peter did deny Jesus for a moment, but God's grace was still there for him and later on, Peter proclaimed Jesus even under great persecution and did not shrink back in fear of men.
I have heard it presented that way, but that would actually make God beholden to man.

The great bulk of the New Testament, which was written only to those who had received the "free gift", are letters of promise and warning to those who had been "saved", not to "shrink back unto destruction" by remaining in their sin.

"Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. 2 For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, 3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation..." - Heb 2:1-3a

"neglecting salvation" is not speaking of people 'not accepting Christ (as is oft mistakenly preached)', but rather of church-goers not walking worthy of the gift they have received.

Paul is very explicit in Romans 6: 1Cor 6: 1Cor 10: Gal 5 and elsewhere, warning that those who had been "saved" yet continued living by their carnal nature "will not inherit the Kingdom of God." Even "envy, strife and malice", of which we have seen much from a few of the 'church-goers' in this thread, "will not inherit the Kingdom of God and of Christ."

Think... would it really be Paradise with such carnal immature attitudes and behavior? No; unless these things are shed - "putting off the old man" (which we must do) - there will not any inheritance in the Kingdom; such as these will not be raised in the First Resurrection, which was Paul's goal, to which he pressed in to attain, knowing that it was not a lock (see Phil 3:7-21). These may be brought in as the inheritance of those who "overcame" ("by loving not their lives to the death"), if Christ (Head & Body) determines them worthy by what they did during their life, at the Second Resurrection. Teaching a series on the Parables of Jeses, I looked at this more closely from Matt 25 - Parables (part 3) SHEEP & GOATS

There is much confusion in the churches at large today, and massive portions of Scripture which must be ignored to accept the modern, popular, ear-tickling theories such as OSAS, eternal forgiveness, a 'state of grace', and other 'doctrines' that teach the "saved" person is okay even if they remain in their sins, and call Jesus "Savior" but never allow Him to be the "Lord" of their life.

Peace & Blessings, Wisdom and Understanding to you, and all who truly strive to walk daily with Jesus.

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
He is looking for more followers..... yes I agree
Jesus said those He sent out would be despised and rejected by most, just as He was.

The message God has given me is to the Elect primarily, not to those who will be their inheritance.

No, you won't hear this Truth from those behind your pulpits on Sunday, and definitely not in the "Christian" songs on the radio, but you WILL find it in the Bible.

"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches."

Repent.

U

UnderGrace

Jesus said those He sent out would be despised and rejected by most, just as He was.

The message God has given me is to the Elect primarily, not to those who will be their inheritance.

No, you won't hear this Truth from those behind your pulpits on Sunday, and definitely not in the "Christian" songs on the radio, but you WILL find it in the Bible.

"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches."

Repent.
Yes,

I am waiting for you to deal with the word "metanoia"

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
C'mon people, let's be respectful of Pisteuo and Limmuwd. You may disagree with them, but there's no need to belittle them by calling them "pistachio" and "lemonade stand"..

Y'all are better than that. :)

U

UnderGrace

I have heard it presented that way, but that would actually make God beholden to man.

The great bulk of the New Testament, which was written only to those who had received the "free gift", are letters of promise and warning to those who had been "saved", not to "shrink back unto destruction" by remaining in their sin.

"Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. 2 For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, 3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation..." - Heb 2:1-3a

"neglecting salvation" is not speaking of people 'not accepting Christ (as is oft mistakenly preached)', but rather of church-goers not walking worthy of the gift they have received.

Paul is very explicit in Romans 6: 1Cor 6: 1Cor 10: Gal 5 and elsewhere, warning that those who had been "saved" yet continued living by their carnal nature "will not inherit the Kingdom of God." Even "envy, strife and malice", of which we have seen much from a few of the 'church-goers' in this thread, "will not inherit the Kingdom of God and of Christ."

Think... would it really be Paradise with such carnal immature attitudes and behavior? No; unless these things are shed - "putting off the old man" (which we must do) - there will not any inheritance in the Kingdom; such as these will not be raised in the First Resurrection, which was Paul's goal, to which he pressed in to attain, knowing that it was not a lock (see Phil 3:7-21). These may be brought in as the inheritance of those who "overcame" ("by loving not their lives to the death"), if Christ (Head & Body) determines them worthy by what they did during their life, at the Second Resurrection. Teaching a series on the Parables of Jeses, I looked at this more closely from Matt 25 - Parables (part 3) SHEEP & GOATS

There is much confusion in the churches at large today, and massive portions of Scripture which must be ignored to accept the modern, popular, ear-tickling theories such as OSAS, eternal forgiveness, a 'state of grace', and other 'doctrines' that teach the "saved" person is okay even if they remain in their sins, and call Jesus "Savior" but never allow Him to be the "Lord" of their life.

Peace & Blessings, Wisdom and Understanding to you, and all who truly strive to walk daily with Jesus.
I pray Cherie does not get persuaded by any of this nonsense.

Especially from one who denies the Christ was God.

In a nutshell you deny any and all salvation because who deny who Christ Jesus is, therefore you words have absolutely no weight and certainly NO truth!!!

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
Sickening that he has a following too!!
He pretty much admits Jesus was not God in the flesh!
Oh yes, and of course he has come to this "revelation" all on his own.
Everyone else has been wrong all this time....but he has been chosen to reveal the truth ...smh
There was no Man Jesus before the baby in Bethlehem.

There was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Amen.

But the Man Jesus did not exist until He came forth from Mary's womb.

And when the Resurrection Firstborn of Creation came forth from the tomb, He told Mary, I "ascend to "My God."

Oh, yes... Jesus, the Resurrected "King of kings", has a God, who is above Him. :)

Can you deny the Word?

U

UnderGrace

C'mon people, let's be respectful of Pisteuo and Limmuwd. You may disagree with them, but there's no need to belittle them by calling them "pistachio" and "lemonade stand"..

Y'all are better than that. :)
Well, Paul referred to opponents of the Gospel as "dogs"... would that be better?:unsure:
(Phil 3:2).

U

UnderGrace

And when the Resurrection Firstborn of Creation came forth from the tomb, He told Mary, I "ascend to "My God."

Oh, yes... Jesus, the Resurrected "King of kings", has a God, who is above Him. :)

Can you deny the Word?
You deny he was co-equal... what does that mean?

U

UnderGrace

Can you deny the Word?

This statement is a problem.
When I get back, I am sure I can have you further expose your heresy.

U

UnderGrace

Not really. Why not just call them by their user names? For exampe, would you like it if someone continually called you "LosingoutonGrace"?
You absolutely could if I opposed the Gospel, maybe it is just me but I value truth far more than feelings when it comes to the essential heart of the Good News!

What they are teaching is absolutely obnoxious and repulsive in light of what Jesus did for us.... that is just the way I see it and I cannot be persuaded otherwise.

I have spent literally years researching this false plan of salvation and it does so much damage I cannot even begin to tell you.
I think Paul was absolutely justified to call them "dogs"

The rest you can take up with @dcontroversal ;)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You absolutely could if I opposed the Gospel, maybe it is just me but I value truth far more than feelings when it comes to the essential heart of the Good News!

What they are teaching is absolutely obnoxious and repulsive in light of what Jesus did for us.... that is just the way I see it and I cannot be persuaded otherwise.

I have spent literally years researching this false plan of salvation and it does so much damage I cannot even begin to tell you.
I think Paul was absolutely justified to call them "dogs"

The rest you can take up with @dcontroversal ;)

I agree totally, but I just think we can deal with them without making fun of them or their user names.. :)