Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 24, 2019
No, denying the fullness of Jesus’ divinity, His work on the cross and His Resurrection is the worst thing you can do to yourself. I encourage you to get with the program.
Not persevering until the end IS denying the fullness of Jesus’ divinity, His work on the cross and His Resurrection.

U

UnderGrace

Son, your mouth proves you are not "walking according to the Spirit."

Have you not read the words of Jesus? And here He is speaking of the hatred that such as yourself will have towards the Elect of God who are preaching Truth.

"you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved." - Matt 10:22
How about you actually respond to the scripture rather than the "ad hominen" attacks on @dcontroversal which are baseless, but obviously exposes the underlying insecurity of your position.

Matthew 24:13
But he that shall persevere to the end, he shall be saved.

Clearly not a statement about spiritual salvation.

Oct 24, 2019
How about you actually respond to the scripture rather than the "ad hominen" attacks on @dcontroversal which are baseless, but obviously exposes the underlying insecurity of your position.

You are right this is clearly not a statement about spiritual salvation for those of you who do not persevere until the end; too bad for all of you.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
The cross served to persuade us to persevere until the end as Jesus commanded.
Where in the scripture? The cross was not yet served in Matthew 24

1 Thessalonians 5:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

U

UnderGrace

But yet, YOU somehow have understanding?
Because you read a couple commentaries? Interesting.... :unsure:

You see how you just negated your own stance and limited understanding of Biblical Repentance as Jesus, the Apostles and I teach.

Indeed. I AM correct, sir. Any True Biblical scholar will confirm this.
I pay zero attention to the 'motivational speakers' behind the pulpits today who falsely teach a 'repentance" that neglects the True meaning an actual turning away from sin. Such have done great harm to the churches, leaving their congregants still in their sin, believing they are OK in God's eyes. These man-ordained 'ministers' will be held doubly accountable in that Day.

May the Lord remove the scales from your eyes and grant you True understanding of His Word.
Produce your bible scholar then... I will be waiting

Amazes me how you so blatantly promote a false understanding of the meaning of the word when basic linguistical analysis and etymology state otherwise .... you might as well be arguing against the known fact that we breathe in O2 and expel CO2

Here one more time!

Metanoia...

from metanoein "to change one's mind or purpose," from meta, here indicating "change" (see meta-) + noein "to have mental perception," from noos "mind, thought,"

CherieR

May 6, 2017

What is Matthew 24:13 in reference to if not spiritual salvation?

Oct 24, 2019
Where in the scripture? The cross was not yet served in Matthew 24

Saying: Know ye that the Lord will hear your prayers, if you continue with perseverance in fastings and prayers in the sight of the Lord. [12] Remember Moses the servant of the Lord, who overcame Amalec that trusted in his own strength, and in his power, and in his army, and in his shields, and in his chariots, and in his horsemen, not by fighting with the sword, but by holy prayers: [13] So shall all the enemies of Israel be, if you persevere in this work which you have begun. [14] So they being moved by this exhortation of his, prayed to the Lord, and continued in the sight of the Lord. [15] So that even they who offered the holocausts to the Lord, offered the sacrifices to the Lord girded with haircloths, and with ashes upon their head.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
You are right this is clearly not a statement about spiritual salvation for those of you who do not persevere until the end; too bad for all of you.
Matthew 24 in context has nothing to do with spiritual salvation. This is about the immediate future of the destruction of Jerusalem Temple and is referring to the Jewish people.

U

UnderGrace

Too bad for those that have not had a spiritual rebirth, born from above, because those people are relying on themselves for salvation and they will never make the grade.... Jesus was perfect.

We go to God on His terms, and remember God does not save those trying to save themselves!!

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Matthew 7:21

And when you understand and come to terms with the will of the Father... then maybe you will be born again.

That is all any us want for all you "salvation workers" out there!

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Jaden, yet you haven't proved anything in this case

Oct 24, 2019
Matthew 24 in context has nothing to do with spiritual salvation. This is about the immediate future of the destruction of Jerusalem Temple and is referring to the Jewish people.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH LOOOOOOOOOK, You are wrong; you do have to persevere.

Persevere under discipline. God dealeth with you as with his sons; for what son is there, whom the father doth not correct?

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
But yet, YOU somehow have understanding?
Because you read a couple commentaries? Interesting.... :unsure:

You see how you just negated your own stance and limited understanding of Biblical Repentance as Jesus, the Apostles and I teach.

Indeed. I AM correct, sir. Any True Biblical scholar will confirm this.
I pay zero attention to the 'motivational speakers' behind the pulpits today who falsely teach a 'repentance" that neglects the True meaning an actual turning away from sin. Such have done great harm to the churches, leaving their congregants still in their sin, believing they are OK in God's eyes. These man-ordained 'ministers' will be held doubly accountable in that Day.

May the Lord remove the scales from your eyes and grant you True understanding of His Word.
Yet you have not proved anything sir, You aare just leaning on mortal men.

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com

Honestly, I have no more time to spend teaching you folk in this thread. I have other Bible Studies to prepare for, and a couple meetings this weekend with fervent saints. There have been seeds of Truth sown, and a few have had their understanding confirmed by the things I've shared. (And I have gained a little material for the book I"m writing! :sneaky:)

regarding mr controversial... he likes being just that. And his attitude and language are very unChristlike. I was like him last Century when I was much younger, so I can relate. But unlike him, I "put away childish things" as Paul stated. And now I really have no time for stubborn, rebellious children.
He and mr ed, and a couple other "bullies" on this site, who have no interest in discussing the Scripture as mature adults, have shown who they really are "by their fruits"; and as Jesus told us, "shake the dust from your feet." and "don't cast your pearls before swine."

Peace & Blessings to all who truly walk with Jesus.

My time in this ridiculous thread is over.
:whistle: