Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
As @Grandpa has told you ...
The born again believer walks by the Spirit
As @Grandpa has told you ....

The Letter, no matter WHERE it is written, is unto death.
The Spirit, no matter where HE is written, is unto Life.

The born again believer walks by the Spirit

As Grandpa has told me?? Please, if you have one, refresh my memory, with what post that was??

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
My goal for next year is 585lb - 601lb squat.

I hurt my hips a little doing deadlifts with the wrong technique so I'm not doing any squats and deadlifts until December. I have no pain but when I load the bar up to 405 or more it gets aggravated.

Nothing is coming up until April so I have time to recuperate...

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Well, then you are a good Liar. You cannot Love with ALL your Heart, All your mind, and All your soul, ALL THE TIME.

And your SIN Most of the time you Drive your CAR TOO.

1 Peter 2:13-17 (NKJV)
13 Therefore submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake, whether to the king as supreme,
14 or to governors, as to those who are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and for the praise of those who do good.
15 For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men--
16 as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bondservants of God.
17 Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.

View attachment 206061

ANY TIME YOU EXCEED THE POSTED SPEED LIMIT ORDINANCE BY 1 MPH OR MORE, YOU ARE SINNING.

AND THINK OF ALL THE OTHER ORDINANCES OF MAN YOU HAVE VIOLATED TOO.

A VERY GOOD LIAR INDEED.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 (NKJV)
20 For there is not a just man on earth who does good And does not sin.
Sometimes you may need to drive faster than the speed limit in order to pass someone else. Also sometimes the speedometer in cars can be off a certain amount.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
WARRIOR. Good job bro!

I believe we need more Christian men like this. Im sick and tired of seeing limp wristed loser libtards represent Christianity in the mainstream media and thats precisely the reason why we are getting RAN OVER by the world and every religion on the block. Too soft!

We need people who will STAND UP for the TRUTH and say NO. We WONT bend, we WONT break, we WONT compromise, we DONT care what ANYONE has got to say about ANYTHING and WHATCHA GONNA DO ABOUT THAT? NOTHING

Its like the HULKSTER said in the 80s, WHATCHU GONNA DO BROTHER, when HULKAMANIA runs wild on you brother.

Mr. Grandpa here will probably twist these guys into a pretzel thats what we DO KNOW from what I discovered this man eats steel for breakfast.
At the last meet I was at I saw some people that had t-shirts that said Powerlifters for Jesus.

They were really big muscular guys. They were really friendly too. I'm trying to get a t-shirt for myself and my daughter.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
What commandment can't you keep??
It went right over your head didnt it?

Well lets do some thinking about that. Where im from, we can look at a price tag and we see the number 20,00€ <- that means it cost that amount when I go to the cash register. A.k.a the taxes are already included in the prices.
But in America y'all got the MADNESS of adding taxes as a SURPRISE at the cash register, making it really difficult for poor uneducated folks like me who can only count the amount of fingers they have to calculate HOW MUCH am I actually spending on this trip?

I don't know if its like that in every state, does anyone know if it varies state to state? Anyway, to answer your question: NO, the sheep do NOT shrink in the rain, you would think they would, but they dont.

Dec 12, 2013

Well lets do some thinking about that. Where im from, we can look at a price tag and we see the number 20,00€ <- that means it cost that amount when I go to the cash register. A.k.a the taxes are already included in the prices.
But in America y'all got the MADNESS of adding taxes as a SURPRISE at the cash register, making it really difficult for poor uneducated folks like me who can only count the amount of fingers they have to calculate HOW MUCH am I actually spending on this trip?

I don't know if its like that in every state, does anyone know if it varies state to state? Anyway, to answer your question: NO, the sheep do NOT shrink in the rain, you would think they would, but they dont.
Yes and different by state and even town and by product....taxes on food lower than goods and services.....like 6.5 to 9% depending on what you buy

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011

Montana doesn't have sales tax so the price on the price tag is the price you pay.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019

Twice now.

So now knowing things go over my head, Please answer with a yes or no, can you keep the commandments for a day?

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Montana is my favorite state! I like it too because its close to nature.
Yeah, REAL close.

Be on your guard for deer and elk while driving all year round.

When I first moved to Montana my truck was beating my hunting rifle in how many deer it had taken...

CherieR

May 6, 2017
A PERSON MAY HAVE BEEN A GENTILE BEFORE COMING TO CHRIST, BUT A CHRISTIAN AFTERWARD

Funny you can't stand the thought of the Law being divided, but cant come to unity in the body of Christ.

Does God resting on the 7th day help? Try taking it in the spirit, not so much the letter, maybe that will do the trick for you.

Do you realize you never reply to my comments on the subject?? So the "as usual" goes both ways.

THIS IS WHY I SAY THE LAW IS DIVIDED AND BY WHOM

Written by the finger of God vs written by Moses

Written on stone tablets vs written in the book

Placed In the ark of the Covenant vs on the side

Eternal vs temporary

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments and his commandments are not grievous.
vs
Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross

John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law for sin is the transgression of the law.

Galatians 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

SIN IS TRANSGRESSION OF LAW
ADDED BECAUSE OF TRANSGRESSIONS.
OF PREVIOUS LAW

Deuteronomy 5:6 I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
Deuteronomy 5:7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
Deuteronomy 5:8 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:
Deuteronomy 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,
Deuteronomy 5:10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.
Deuteronomy 5:11 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Deuteronomy 5:12 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.
Deuteronomy 5:13 Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work:
Deuteronomy 5:14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.
Deuteronomy 5:15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.
Deuteronomy 5:16 Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Deuteronomy 5:17 Thou shalt not kill.
Deuteronomy 5:18 Neither shalt thou commit adultery.
Deuteronomy 5:19 Neither shalt thou steal.
Deuteronomy 5:20 Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Deuteronomy 5:21 Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Deuteronomy 5:22 These words the LORD spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more. And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me.
I am not sure if you noticed this or not but, your text is super small with some of these verses.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Twice now.

So now knowing things go over my head, Please answer with a yes or no, can you keep the commandments for a day?
I already answered you, sheep dont shrink in the rain. Its because their wool has some grease in it, prevents them from shrinking up. Nice design if you ask me!

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
I am not sure if you noticed this or not but, your text is super small with some of these verses.
Yes, I posted them a couple times yesterday, but wanted it to be in context so just made them tiny to skip over. But, Thank you for the heads up.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
I already answered you, sheep dont shrink in the rain. Its because their wool has some grease in it, prevents them from shrinking up. Nice design if you ask me!
Make that three. Does that equal a yes or a no?

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Too real for you all? Everyone go off line at the same time?? Good at pointing fingers, AT all but yourselves huh?? Bunch of scaredy cats. Way to stand up. Anyone willing to stand? Do you keep the commandments?? it would seem to be a simple question. Its a simple command. Any one else washing their robes?

Revelation 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Revelation 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
A PERSON MAY HAVE BEEN A GENTILE BEFORE COMING TO CHRIST, BUT A CHRISTIAN AFTERWARD

Funny you can't stand the thought of the Law being divided, but cant come to unity in the body of Christ.

Does God resting on the 7th day help? Try taking it in the spirit, not so much the letter, maybe that will do the trick for you.

Do you realize you never reply to my comments on the subject?? So the "as usual" goes both ways.

Eternal vs temporary

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments and his commandments are not grievous.
vs
Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross

John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law for sin is the transgression of the law.

Galatians 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

OF PREVIOUS LAW

Deuteronomy 5:6 I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
Deuteronomy 5:8 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:
Deuteronomy 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,
Deuteronomy 5:10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.
Deuteronomy 5:11 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Deuteronomy 5:12 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.
Deuteronomy 5:14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.
Deuteronomy 5:15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.
Deuteronomy 5:16 Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Deuteronomy 5:21 Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Deuteronomy 5:22 These words the LORD spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more. And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me.
you STILL did not answer the question - book ( singular ) of the Law.

Eternal vs temporary

vs

OF PREVIOUS LAW

you still did not address- Josiah read the BOOK ( singular ) of the Law to the people.

and, you speak of the Tablets of Stone, with the 10, being placed in the Ark of the Covenant.

what Covenant would that be? well, the same one that God spoke to Moses of in Leviticus 26, with the Covenant being made with " the fathers of those who came out of egypt".

so, as i have been telling you for months, if you can't trace you ancestry back to those who crossed the red sea, then you were never under that Covenant, and were never given the dietary laws, the festivals, or the Sabbath.

and, nine of the ten were repeated in the N.T., with the Sabbath being not ever commanded for gentiles.