Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
* follow their own sprit and have seen nothing.

Josiah read the book of the Law to Israel. book. singular.

Torah. a mostly singular meaning.

yet, deighann continues to shout that the Law is divided. says the 10 Commands are separate from the Law, due to them placed in the Ark.

the Ark of the Covenant. the very Covenant that contained the 10 Commands, which she says are NOT part of the Law. which is, according to her, is divided anyway.

yep, following one's own sprit and seeing nothing. due to be willfully blind.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Just adding in "on Saturday" to was that in my post?? NO but here it is in yours, making it seem so. How deceptive of you.
Didn't add saturday, sabbath just so happens to be saturday..... thats common knowledge, from friday sundown to saturday sundown
YOU forbid?? You forbid me?? That will never happen. Ever. Who is it you believe yourself to be? Still can't make a commitment on keeping the commandments or not?? How weird
Yeah I do forbid you. You heard it here first. You can write it down with a pen and paper if you want! The sabbath keeping dogma has been refuted on this forum SO many times it aint even funny.

Preaching sabbathkeeping to Christians is a NO GO. No bueno, shut it down!

I wont comment on keeping the commandments because I have dealt with sabbatarians, JWs, mormons and other cultists long enough to know thats a trick question. If I say yes, you will pile some more commandments on me like the sabbath and say "No you aint keeping it, na na naa". If I say no, you will say "Oh well there you go. He doesnt even keep the commandments. maybe he isnt even saved? listen to me instead"

CherieR

May 6, 2017
The Word of God. He comes in the volume of the Book. Yes, look at all He has done for you. I cheat myself? How does that faith come to you? How many times did Jesus say "It is written or Have ye not heard?" How are you building on that "foundation?"

Romans 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Romans 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

Ezekiel 13:1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Ezekiel 13:2 Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say thou unto them that prophesy out of their own hearts, Hear ye the word of the LORD;
Ezekiel 13:3 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing!
I think what @UnderGrace is saying is that our acceptance by God is on the basis of his grace and not as a result of the good things we do in life.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I said I have no trouble keeping the 10 commandments AND BECAUSE OF THAT You imply I said I never sin WHICH I WOULD NEVER SAY, COULD NEVER SAY. Where does it say "all the time"? If God is the most important thing in my life, and I love the Word more than anything else, everyday, why do you call me a good liar? Why would that anger you? A VERY GOOD LIAR INDEED.

QUITE the.................. good night.
I POINTED OUT THAT THERE ARE SINS THE YOU HAVE NEVER EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT, THROUGH OUT THE NEW TESTAMENT.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 (NKJV)
20 For there is not a just man on earth who does good And does not sin.

Romans 12:3 (NIV)
3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought,
but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.

Your Statement of PRIDE: Not once. REEKS WITH PRIDE, and of an over Simplification of GOD's Commandments to SOMETHING YOU CAN KEEP, without even realizing there are AT LEAST three other categories of SINS, that does not covered in the Ten Commandments; just like the Pharisees DID. They Lowered GOD's Requirements, TO SOMETHING THEY THOUGHT THEY COULD KEEP. Sounds Familiar Doesn't IT.

I am not angry. I just pointed out you lied when you implied you LOVE the Lord with all your Heart, all your Mind, all your Soul;
ALL THE TIME.

There are SINS of Commission.
&
There are SINS of Omission.
&
There are SINS of the Tongue.
&
There are SINS of the WILL.
&
Probably even SINS THAT DO NOT FIT IN THOSE FOUR CATEGORIES.

Hence, you need to loose your PRIDE, and climb back down here with US Saved SINNERS.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Can anyone here say "I keep Gods Commandments?"

Anyone
"washing their robes?" Anyone?

NO ONE. We have to WASH OUR ROBES in the BLOOD OF THE LAMB, which MEANS JESUS DID IT ALL, not that I DID IT.

TooFastTurtle

Apr 10, 2019
This is what the sister here asked:
Can anyone here say "I keep Gods Commandments?"
This is what she was told:
NO ONE. We have to WASH OUR ROBES in the BLOOD OF THE LAMB, which MEANS JESUS DID IT ALL, not that I DID IT.
Thus says the OSAS camp, this is what the Bible teaches:

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017

Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
What did the sister ask?

Dec 12, 2013
That’s excellent bro. At my best I was doing 90 lbs five times and I felt great about that.
All the wood and rock I move doing projects.....I do not stand my splitter but rather lift the wood into the splitter...18 to 20 inch oak butts about 2.5 foot diameter are not like a stack of fluffy pancakes hahah....

E

eternally-gratefull

How many times today have you fallen short of this COMMAND IN THE NT ? ? ?

Matthew 22:37 (HCSB)
37 He said to him,Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.
How many times in a day do we break this command, and not even realize it?

E

eternally-gratefull

I said I have no trouble keeping the 10 commandments AND BECAUSE OF THAT You imply I said I never sin WHICH I WOULD NEVER SAY, COULD NEVER SAY. Where does it say "all the time"? If God is the most important thing in my life, and I love the Word more than anything else, everyday, why do you call me a good liar? Why would that anger you? A VERY GOOD LIAR INDEED.

QUITE the.................. good night.
If you sin, you do not keep the commands

You can not have it both ways..

God (through moses) demanded perfection. If you broke one command, you were guilty of the law.

E

eternally-gratefull

We got us a LAW KEEPER......holy crap...one that does not need Jesus......pretty bold statement.....I have no problem keeping the 10 commandments <---except for lying.......no one keeps the 10 commandments <---BREAK THE LEAST, SMALLEST JOT of the law = guilty of ALL......

ANYONE that believes they keep the law <--delusional
They have yet to come to the end. Where the law was to lead

6425E2E3-F89A-4ADF-957B-2015F684C40D.jpeg

They are drowning and do not even realise it. They think they are out for a daily swim and are ok.. they are not in danger. They can not see the reality of their situation

VCO

Oct 14, 2013

Revelation 14:12 (HCSB)
12 This demands the perseverance of the saints, who keep God’s commands and their faith in Jesus.

NOT BY OUR POWER, but CHRIST lives in me and the Power of the Holy Spirit.

You are WRONG about what we who believe OSAS is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH.

Galatians 2:20 (HCSB)
20 and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

John 10:26-30 (HCSB)
26 But you don’t believe because you are not My sheep.
27 My sheep hear My voice, I know them, and they follow Me.
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish—ever! No one will snatch them out of My hand.
29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.
30 The Father and I are one.”

2 Timothy 1:9 (HCSB)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.

Titus 3:5-7 (HCSB)
5 He saved usnot by works of righteousness that we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
6 He poured out this ⌊Spirit⌋ on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
7 so that having been justified [past tense] by His grace, we may become heirs with the hope of eternal life.

1 Peter 1:3-5 (HCSB)
3 Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. According to His great mercy, He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
4 and into an inheritance that is imperishable, uncorrupted, and unfading, kept in heaven for you.
5 You are being protected by God’s power through faith for a salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

Romans 11:6 (HCSB)
6 Now if by grace, then it is not by works; otherwise grace ceases to be grace.

Philippians 1:6 (HCSB)
6 I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
yet, deighann continues to shout that the Law is divided. says the 10 Commands are separate from the Law, due to them placed in the Ark.

the Ark of the Covenant. the very Covenant that contained the 10 Commands, which she says are NOT part of the Law. which is, according to her, is divided anyway.
You missed some stuff. You still haven't gotten me any verses from the rest of the "one unit" law of Moses. Let me start you off again with the 10 commandments. As YOU say they are one, FOR that to be Gods Truth, all of them must be in the NT just like the commandments are.

It can't go both ways. ONE OF THEM IS NOT GODS TRUTH. So when you have pointed them all out, we will know I have been mistaken in the knowledge I have been given of them being separate.

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before Me.
Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Acts 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Exodus 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Matthew 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
1 Timothy 6:1 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.

Exodus 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up and as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day and stood up for to read.
Luke 23:55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.
Luke 23:56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.
Hebrews 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Exodus 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Matthew 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.
Matthew 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal
Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Exodus 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Matthew 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Exodus 20:15 Thou shalt not steal.
Matthew 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Exodus 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Exodus 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Matthew 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

THIS IS WHY I SAY THE LAW IS DIVIDED AND BY WHOM

Written by the finger of God vs written by Moses

Written on stone tablets vs written in the book

Placed In the ark of the Covenant vs on the side of the ark

Eternal vs temporary

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments and his commandments are not grievous.
vs
Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross

John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law for sin is the transgression of the law.

Galatians 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

SIN IS TRANSGRESSION OF LAW
ADDED BECAUSE OF TRANSGRESSIONS.
OF PREVIOUS LAW

Deuteronomy 5:22 These words the LORD spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more. And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
When you say throw out the law AND the law being one, do you mean the ENTIRE FIRST 5 BOOKS of the Bible gotta go??

Deuteronomy 4:13 And he declared unto you HIS covenant, which HE commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and HE wrote them upon two tables of stone.

Deuteronomy 4:14 And the LORD commanded ME at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.

Now we have the Old Covenant in the same book as the New Covenant. (singular) Word of God. Does that mean we are still "under the Law" to you? Or maybe we should read "the Words written within" and rightly divide them as we are told to do. Because if we don't we will be applying to the House of Judah things written to the House of Israel, and things written for the priests to the gentiles, and things written about the synagogue of Satan to Christians won't we?

Do you follow the NT commandments??

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Didn't add saturday, sabbath just so happens to be saturday..... thats common knowledge, from friday sundown to saturday sundown

Yeah I do forbid you. You heard it here first. You can write it down with a pen and paper if you want! The sabbath keeping dogma has been refuted on this forum SO many times it aint even funny.

Preaching sabbathkeeping to Christians is a NO GO. No bueno, shut it down!

I wont comment on keeping the commandments because I have dealt with sabbatarians, JWs, mormons and other cultists long enough to know thats a trick question. If I say yes, you will pile some more commandments on me like the sabbath and say "No you aint keeping it, na na naa". If I say no, you will say "Oh well there you go. He doesnt even keep the commandments. maybe he isnt even saved? listen to me instead"

Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up and as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day and stood up for to read.

Luke 23:55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.
Luke 23:56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.

John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Genesis 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Genesis 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected hereby know we that we are in him.

John 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

John 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

John 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

John 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

John 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

Genesis 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Genesis 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected hereby know we that we are in him.

John 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

John 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

John 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

John 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

John 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes
if you keep reading 1st John ( something you have a hard time doing, you just want to cut and paste verses), you will see that John says the Commands are to believe in the name of the Son, and love one another.

so, he was NOT referring to the 10 Commands.

and, as far as obeying Jesus, as I have pointed out to you numerous times, on the Mount of Transfiguration, God the Father came down and said, in the presence of Moses ( the Law) and Elijah ( the Prophets), and said of the Son " hear Him."

so, since the Trinity is 100& true, this elevates and seperates the Words in Red above all other Scripture.

so, keep putting out your judeaizer lies, I will proving you wrong.

oh, and a bonus, in Jesus's time, what we call the O.T. was called the Law and the Prophets.

Law. ( singular) Prophets ( plural)

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
I think what @UnderGrace is saying is that our acceptance by God is on the basis of his grace and not as a result of the good things we do in life.

And I couldn't agree more.

Faith comes from hearing and hearing by the Word of God. We accept the gift of salvation, God has held up his end. We go do what the Word tells us. That doesn't make His grace, His gift one bit less.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
I POINTED OUT THAT THERE ARE SINS THE YOU HAVE NEVER EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT, THROUGH OUT THE NEW TESTAMENT.
How would or could you possibly know what I have thought about? I didn't read past that part. I feel you said all that was needed to be said last night.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
If you sin, you do not keep the commands

You can not have it both ways..

God (through moses) demanded perfection. If you broke one command, you were guilty of the law.
Which would be something you needed to bring up if we were living 2000 yrs or so ago. Have you not read? Haven't you heard? God walked in the flesh and was crucified and rose for us to bring to us THE SOLUTION TO THAT PROBLEM and that solution came with the shedding of His blood. And the cry was heard " Repent for the kingdom of God is near".

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Matthew 6:8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Matthew 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.

Matthew 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

Matthew 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Matthew 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

Matthew 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.