Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 6, 2014
What have YOU JUDGED me to have broken??

Success through repentance and in the power of the Blood of Christ, through the work that He did for the Father. "WASHING THEIR ROBES" Success, made perfect, or washed clean or your sins forgiven you go and sin no more, "KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS" or how ever God gives it to you and TO whomsosever will.

I have acknowledged it is not, yet that is the way it is translated and is written in all our bibles. I am not going to give translation lessons with every post. I am not going to quit using it because I would no longer be able to use almost any of the KJV. That must be your calling, you feel so strong about it.
Deuteronomy 4:2
"You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

That is exactly what you are doing, and exactly what the King James bible translators did with this verse Revelation 22:14.
That IS NOT the way "it is translated and is written in all our bibles".

Revelation 22:18

For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;

Deuteronomy 12:32
Whatsoever thing I command you, observe to do it: you shall not add thereto, nor take away from it.

Leviticus 19:11
‘You shall not steal, nor deal falsely, nor lie to one another.

Romans 2:23
You who boast in Law, do you dishonor God through the transgression of the Law?

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I often hear those who believe they will be saved based on the merits of obeying the 10 commandments (usually SDA's) quote Revelation 22:14 quite a bit. I noticed in Revelation 22:14 that certain translations say, "do his commandments," yet numerous other translations say, "wash their robes," which symbolizes those who have been forgiven of their sins through the blood of the Lamb (Romans 3:24-26). Also see Revelation 7:14. There will certainly be no boasting in law. (Romans 3:22-28) I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain. (Galatians 2:21)
Very interesting indeed.

It seems the differences in the words in 22:14 depend on the texts used.
If I'm wrong correct me.

Revelation 22:14
14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. (NKJV)

14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates. (ESV)

14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by the gates. (HSCB)

Darby translation below

14 Blessed [are] they that wash their robes, that they may have right to the tree of life, and that they should go in by the gates into the city.

JFB commentary below

14. do his commandments--so B, Syriac, Coptic, and CYPRIAN. But A, Aleph, and Vulgate read, "(Blessed are they that) wash their robes," namely, in the blood of the Lamb (compare Re 7:14). This reading takes away the pretext for the notion of salvation by works. But even English Version reading is quite compatible with salvation by grace; for God's first and grand Gospel "commandment" is to believe on Jesus. Thus our "right" to (Greek, "privilege" or "lawful authority over") the tree of life is due not to our doings, but to what He has done for us. The right, or privilege, is founded, not on our merits, but on God's grace.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
I have a suggestion for you, PLEASE put the VERSION behind the VERSE NUMBER like I DO, it prevents confusion.
Sorry for my mistakes again.[/QUOTE]
Forgiven. Thank you for going and looking, it is all appreciated. I use KJV 90% of the time Interlinear or Lexicon the rest.

Dec 12, 2013
To Deighann,

“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces. Matthew 7:6
You just called a bunch of people that profess Christ, faith and acknowldege Jesus as Lord-->> pigs and dogs ..........who are you again? Nobody!

Sep 6, 2014
2 Corinthians 4:1-3
Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; 2But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. 3But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
To Deighann,

“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces. Matthew 7:6
Yes I agree totally with you.

Yet alas I try feed dogs and give pearls to pigs.

I noticed you rarely respond and only give likes to those you agree with.
Giving likes I understand but rarely responding????

My first and only response to you.

Is you a dog, pig or wolf in sheep's clothing?

Very shameful the way you do not respond in this thread and call people dogs and pigs and concentrate on the thread "Do we need to keep the law of Moses"

Aug 17, 2019
Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.” John 8:42-47

The man who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4

The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. But the man who loves God is known by God.
1 Corinthians 8:2-3

For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord. Jude 1:4

And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not.

Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ Matthew 7:23

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
You just called a bunch of people that profess Christ, faith and acknowldege Jesus as Lord-->> pigs and dogs ..........who are you again? Nobody!
Calling people who love Jesus and want to be like Jesus pigs and dogs is shameful.
Calling people who love Jesus and want to be like him pigs and dogs yet not even engage is even more shameful.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
To Deighann,

Do the same and leave CC.

U

UnderGrace

Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.” John 8:42-47

The man who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4

The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. But the man who loves God is known by God.
1 Corinthians 8:2-3

For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord. Jude 1:4

And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not.

Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ Matthew 7:23

:(:mad: "godless men"

Very strong vilification you lay here at people's feet WokinLuv

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
To Deighann,

i wouldn't call an underlying debate over whether the textus recepticus or na/ubs manuscripts is the accurate Greek of Revelation 22:14 a "pearl" _____________:unsure:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
whenever people post this verse like that, i think:

does this mean i should assume that whatever else they say, it sure won't be a pearl?

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Forgiven. Thank you for going and looking, it is all appreciated. I use KJV 90% of the time Interlinear or Lexicon the rest.
Thank you. I do not know if you know that the GREEK has SIX primary verb tenses, where as English has only THREE.

In the KJV the VERSE:

John 15:10 (KJV)
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

The ye keep does not imply Perfection, as it is in the Aorist Tense, a tense we do not have in English. It implied meaning "without boundaries". In other words, it means "If ye keep on keeping my commandments as a Lifestyle", NOT PERFECTLY KEEPING HIS COMMANDMENTS. It is a lifestyle change that comes with Born Again.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
Deuteronomy 4:2
"You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

That is exactly what you are doing, and exactly what the King James bible translators did with this verse Revelation 22:14.
That IS NOT the way "it is translated and is written in all our bibles".

Revelation 22:18

For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;

Deuteronomy 12:32
Whatsoever thing I command you, observe to do it: you shall not add thereto, nor take away from it.

Leviticus 19:11
‘You shall not steal, nor deal falsely, nor lie to one another.

Romans 2:23
You who boast in Law, do you dishonor God through the transgression of the Law?
You are correct it is not translated that way in "all our bibles" I stand corrected.

U

UnderGrace

Amen.....at least everyone is forewarned by my name ->>controversial hahah ;)

Walkinmouthycomments should change his name "oops meant LUV"
He should change his name I agree.... I can think of a few more too...... here is giphy to go with your name.. hahaha

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
He should change his name I agree.... I can think of a few more too...... here is giphy to go with your name.. hahaha

i love stacey dooley. she does documentaries about many topics. i recently watched the one about northern ireland. nice lady and good documentaries. very impartial for a documentary maker

U

UnderGrace

i love stacey dooley. she does documentaries about many topics. i recently watched the one about northern ireland. nice lady and good documentaries. very impartial for a documentary maker
Interesting I did not know who it was, but I can see the style of the homes in the background now that you mention it.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Interesting I did not know who it was, but I can see the style of the homes in the background now that you mention it.
i watch many documentaries its my favorite thing to watch. i watch documentaries about nature, history, current events, gangs, conspiracies, geology, you name it i watch documentary on it

i also like those "oversimplified" videos on youtube that go over the cold war and things like that quickly with cool animations. nothing sinful in them btw just knowledge mixed with good graphics.