Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Somehow Lightskin that does not seem like you ....hehehe;)
It’s funny how God, time and circumstances can change people. Three years ago I adopted a two-year-old dog who was living in horrible conditions. She’s now happier than words can ever describe but I definitely have to speak softly when in her presence otherwise she gets scared. No more computer smashing. 😎

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Well friends, I’m off to maintain my salvation by visiting an elderly shut-in. That should cover me for a day or two.

U

UnderGrace

It’s funny how God, time and circumstances can change people. Three years ago I adopted a two-year-old dog who was living in horrible conditions. She’s now happier than words can ever describe but I definitely have to speak softly when in her presence otherwise she gets scared. No more computer smashing. 😎
I would agree 100%
I am glad the dog has found a loving owner:)

I have been a computer geek for years.... love them!.... I rather die than smash a computer (hyperbole ;))

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Well friends, I’m off to maintain my salvation by visiting an elderly shut-in. That should cover me for a day or two.
Lucky you. Im just leaving to go to the store. I forgot my salvation at the vegetable section there. Hope its still there!

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I accidentally dropped my laptop when I removed it from my boot and it fell on the cement floor. It still works but one of the hinges is broken and it looks completely wonky. I'm still using it through prayer.

I had the same problem, only I did not drop it. I have had it hung above my bed, to the top of the BUNK BED Frame.

Right Hinge broke .jpg.jpg

Left Hinge broke.jpg.jpg

The left hinge broke first, about 4 month before the right. See the left hinge intact, but the cheap mounting was just tucked under the thin plastic housing of the screen. It broke out a piece of the plastic housing. When that right hinge broke the two metal pieces snapped apart, living the upper half of the hinge up in the plastic. It still worked so I tried to fix it as best as I can. I drilled a small hole, on each side, but I got the hole too far to the left on the right side, and had to drill a second hole to make the smaller size Snap Ring to fit. I got the small Snap Rings at HOBBY LOBBY. That lip had metal behind the plastic. So look at the intact hinge on the left again. SEE THE TWO TINY HOLES. IT WAS DESIGNED TO SCREW INTO THAT METAL LIP, AND SOMEONE DECIDED TO TAKE A SHORT CUT AND ONLY STICK IT UNDER THE PLASTIC. :eek: It never would have happen had they attached it to the metal the way it was designed to be. Yes it was out of warranty, so I may use it until it quits working. The laptop Keyboard, just swings a little WHILE I am typing, but do not buy an ASUS STRIX, CHEAP HINGES WILL BRAKE.

I did buy a new ACER NITRO laptop because it was on SALE, and it has WAY BETTER HINGE SYSTEM:

I will not use it much UNTIL the old ASUS (only 3 years old), and when it gives up the ghost, I will start using the new ACER. NOTICE it has PINS, stick into the housing, NOT HINGES. I think that is smarter.

Dec 12, 2013
1.487 days by using the self saving works "fo" it chart that estimates the number of days and impact a particular work has on salvation and or how long it keeps you saved......you can embellish it.....get them a cup of coffee and Krispy Kreme doughnut gets a very generous extra special bonus of .634 days.............

U

UnderGrace

1.487 days by using the self saving works "fo" it chart that estimates the number of days and impact a particular work has on salvation and or how long it keeps you saved......you can embellish it.....get them a cup of coffee and Krispy Kreme doughnut gets a very generous extra special bonus of .634 days.............

Couldn't have said it better myself!!;)

U

UnderGrace

Having a second and third laugh!!!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
I have saved this comment to my file..... when I need a laugh cause the workers are getting to me.

Oh yes like yesterday, when I was called a "silly woman" for being led by men.
Although, she would not elaborate on who the man/men would be, but I have an idea.:unsure:

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I have no idea how one purifies one's own motives, sounds very Catholic to me...... like personal piety, I myself trust and yield (albeit imperfectly) to my new nature that Jesus.

IT IS PURELY GIVEN TO US BY GOD, and it part of the NEW NATURE of a BORN AGAIN HUMAN SPIRIT.

NO, it is not CATHOLIC, but it is EVANGELICAL; and we studied it last night in our home BIBLE STUDY GROUP.

Colossians 3:12-15 (HCSB)
12 Therefore, God’s chosen ones, holy and loved, put on , heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience,
13 accepting one another and forgiving one another if anyone has a complaint against another. Just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you must also ⌊forgive⌋.
14 Above all, ⌊put on⌋ love—the perfect bond of unity.
15 And let the peace of the Messiah, to which you were also called in one body, control your hearts. Be thankful.

IT IS VERY POSSIBLE, with CHRIST's HELP. Submit to HIM, and you will see what HE can do to change YOU.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
I agree

Not sure confessing to a precast brings healing. But will not get into That.

The bible also says we should confess to one another. We have ti be transparent. Otherwise we tend to hold ou sins in, And eventually if our sin becomes a serious issue. We hide it.

Thats why confession is important.
Well I never been to confession but if I was Catholic, I might have gone a lot if I was comfortable enough. No, I was more so praying excessively for forgiveness for tons of things and talking/confession to a family member.

U

UnderGrace

IT IS VERY POSSIBLE, with CHRIST's HELP. Submit to HIM, and you will see what HE can do to change YOU.
You are very funny..... yes I will get right on that!!

Sometimes how you word things a little confusing to me.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
You are very funny..... yes I will get right on that!!

Sometimes how you word things a little confusing to me.

It is called TRUST HIM ENOUGH TO CONTROL YOUR LIFE. I am not being funny, I a dead serious. You will be amazed at how HE can change your life, to be like HIM.

Dec 12, 2013
Having a second and third laugh!!!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
I have saved this comment to my file..... when I need a laugh cause the workers are getting to me.

Oh yes like yesterday, when I was called a "silly woman" for being led by men.
Although, she would not elaborate on who the man/men would be, but I have an idea.:unsure:
Hahahaha I did wax poetic haha yeahhhhh who would that be??