Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Sorry sir, I WILL NOT compromise my understanding of the Truth for you or any mere mortal.

I stand by every statement I have made. And I've been teaching this for many years now, as an elder, deacon and Bible teacher in churches, at retreats, Bible Studies and home fellowships.

God warned me, just as Jesus warned His disciples, that many, if not most, would reject His Word and embrace the "traditions of man", rather than for one minute believe they will be held accountable for their sins in that Day.

But God will have His remnant.
I doubt you are still among us as your theology has not been well received by some of the most vocal opponents.
I think those who promote the Trinity fail to realize, or perhaps they do and just interject the words of men so as to manifest the doctrine they accept as true, that Trinity is never a word even in Greek nor in Hebrew as pertains to either the New or Old Testaments, respectively.
And how would it ? After God repeatedly tells us in various passages of His word, that He is one. And beside Him there is no Savior.

Isaiah 42:8 “I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to anyone else, nor share my praise with carved idols.

The Book of Isaiah 43:
(CJV)11.I, yes I, am Adonai;
besides me there is no deliverer.

ASV)11. 11 I, even I, am Jehovah; and besides me there is no saviour.

The Book of John chapter 1:1-2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

The Book of John chapter 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Book of John 10:30 "I and the Father are one.”

God is Holy Spirit

Dec 12, 2013
I have to work. But they did give us vets some breakfast
I was given a free cupcake at Walmart today....they had a massive flag made from cupcakes and were.passing them out to veterans today....and McDonalds in my home town gives veterans 30% off bill and also got 10% off at Lowes hahahha

E

EleventhHour

Well.....good morning peeps....another day of NOT earning or maintaining salvation by what we do or don't do........

It pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe!

Trust Jesus before it is too late....do not be found in the MANY grouping that believe in their mind that the right to enter is based partially or completely upon the MANY WONDERFUL WORKS THEY DO IN THE NAME OF JESUS........that road leads to being rejected by the Son........!!
The cross and resurrection are a completed WORK!

Sheer folly to believe anything else.

Dec 12, 2013
I doubt you are still among us as your theology has not been well received by some of the most vocal opponents.
I think those who promote the Trinity fail to realize, or perhaps they do and just interject the words of men so as to manifest the doctrine they accept as true, that Trinity is never a word even in Greek nor in Hebrew as pertains to either the New or Old Testaments, respectively.
And how would it ? After God repeatedly tells us in various passages of His word, that He is one. And beside Him there is no Savior.

Isaiah 42:8 “I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to anyone else, nor share my praise with carved idols.

The Book of Isaiah 43:

The Book of John chapter 1:1-2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

The Book of John chapter 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

God is Holy Spirit
hahahhahahaahhahahaahhahahahahahahahhaahahhaahahahhahahaahahhaahh .... wow

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Sorry sir, I WILL NOT compromise my understanding of the Truth for you or any mere mortal.

I stand by every statement I have made. And I've been teaching this for many years now, as an elder, deacon and Bible teacher in churches, at retreats, Bible Studies and home fellowships.

God warned me, just as Jesus warned His disciples, that many, if not most, would reject His Word and embrace the "traditions of man", rather than for one minute believe they will be held accountable for their sins in that Day.

But God will have His remnant.

There is only ONE SIN, that sends People to Hades/Hell. Rejecting what the Holy Spirit is trying to get you to Believe in your heart, that is the Truth about Jesus Christ.

Matthew 12:31-32 (ESV)
31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
32 And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

1 John 2:2 (NIV)
2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

If you are unwilling to Confess and Repent of Sins, YOU DO NOT KNOW HIM, and are guilty of the ONE unforgivable Sin.

Acts 22:18 (HCSB)
18 and saw Him telling me, Hurry and get out of Jerusalem quickly, because they will not accept your testimony about Me!’

There is an example of Blaspheming the work of the Holy Spirit on the human heart.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 (NKJV)
20 For there is not a just man on earth who does good And does not sin.

Romans 4:8 (ESV)
8 blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin.”

Romans 4:8 (HCSB)
8 How joyful is the man the Lord will never charge with sin!

Romans 5:1-10 (HCSB)
1 Therefore, since we have been declared righteous by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 We have also obtained access through Him by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance,
4 endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope.
5 This hope will not disappoint ⌊us⌋, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
6 For while we were still helpless, at the appointed moment, Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For rarely will someone die for a just person—though for a good person perhaps someone might even dare to die.
8 But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us!
9 Much more then, since we have now been declared righteous by His blood, we will be saved through Him from wrath.
10 For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, ⌊then how⌋ much more, having been reconciled, will we be saved by His life!

Romans 9:33 (HCSB)
33 As it is written: Look! I am putting a stone in Zion to stumble over and a rock to trip over, yet the one who believes on Him will not be put to shame.

1 Corinthians 3:12-15 (KJV)
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

The only reason a Believing man's work is it to be JUDGED, is to find the MOTIVE for those Works, and IF IT IS godly LOVE then it is worthy to receive a reward in HEAVEN, an Nonperishable Laurel Wreath Crown. IT NEVER HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH SALVATION.

1 Corinthians 9:24-25 (HCSB)
24 Don’t you know that the runners in a stadium all race, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way to win the prize.
25 Now everyone who competes exercises self-control in everything. However, they do it to receive a crown that will fade away, but we a crown that will never fade away.

><>

2 Timothy 1:9 (HCSB)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Blasphemy- is a transliteration of a Greek word meaning literally “to speak harm.” In the biblical context, blasphemy is an attitude of disrespect that finds expression in an act directed against the character of God. Old Testament Blasphemy draws its Christian definition through the background of the Old Testament. [More reading at StudyLight]

Anyone who speaks against the Son of man will be forgiven.

The Book of Matthew chapter 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This man doth not cast out demons, but by Beelzebub the prince of the demons. 25 And knowing their thoughts he said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: 26 and if Satan casteth out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then shall his kingdom stand? 27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? therefore shall they be your judges. 28 But if I by the Spirit of God cast out demons, then is the kingdom of God come upon you. 29 Or how can one enter into the house of the strong man, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house. 30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth. 31 Therefore I say unto you, Every sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him; but whosoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, nor in that which is to come.

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.That offense is like unto what the Pharisee's committed when they claimed the miracles Jesus performed were by the power of demons. The Book of Mark chapter 3: 28 Verily I say unto you, All their sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and their blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: 29 but whosoever shall blaspheme against the Holy Spirit hath never forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin: 30 because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

The Book of Matthew 9:34 But the Pharisees said, By the prince of the demons casteth he out demons.

The Book of Luke chapter 12: 8 And I say unto you, Every one who shall confess [e]me before men, [f]him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God: 9 but he that denieth me in the presence of men shall be denied in the presence of the angels of God. 10 And every one who shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Spirit it shall not be forgiven.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018

The Book of Isaiah 43:

God is Holy Spirit
Is this modalism? Who is Jesus talking to when He prays?

Sep 6, 2014
do not be found in the MANY grouping that believe in their mind that the right to enter is based partially or completely upon the MANY WONDERFUL WORKS THEY DO IN THE NAME OF JESUS........
Amen, I would imagine the guys in the jeep, in this video, will fare better than them on the day of judgement. :eek:
Romans 4:5
But to him that works not, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Let me know if Whispered denies that JESUS IS GOD. I guess he doesn't know that this site is SOLIDLY a TRINITARIAN SITE.

He may be a Democratic Politician, as he can talk around a subject without, making his Position Clear.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Jesus was for all appearances a man, born into a Jewish family. He entered the temple with His family as a child and He also taught from the sacred scrolls even as a child. Prayer according to the law of Moses is required to fulfill the law. If Jesus had never prayed, being his Disciples saw him as a man, people who followed him saw him as a man, and most if not all those followers were Jews, they would have believed He sinned in not obeying the law.
All people are called to worship God and as we know prayer is one form of worship.
Jesus led by example.

Sep 6, 2014
Jesus was for all appearances a man, born into a Jewish family. He entered the temple with His family as a child and He also taught from the sacred scrolls even as a child. Prayer according to the law of Moses is required to fulfill the law. If Jesus had never prayed, being his Disciples saw him as a man, people who followed him saw him as a man, and most if not all those followers were Jews, they would have believed He sinned in not obeying the law.
All people are called to worship God and as we know prayer is one form of worship.
Jesus led by example.
Micah 5:2
“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
Though you are little among the thousands of Judah,
Yet out of you shall come forth to Me
The One to be Ruler in Israel,
Whose goings forth are from of old,
From [a]everlasting
.”

The "Trinity" is one God in three eternal coexistent persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
From [a]everlasting
.”

The "Trinity" is one God in three eternal coexistent persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Yes, that's what Trinitarians affirm. However, Micah 5:2 that you posted does not say that.
Commentary on Micah 5:2-5a

Sep 6, 2014
Yes, that's what Trinitarians affirm. However, Micah 5:2 that you posted does not say that.
Commentary on Micah 5:2-5a
According to who? your internet preachers at workingpreacher.org?

But, not according to the truth that is presented by learned and proven biblical commentators,

Ellicott's
"Whose goings forth have been from of old.—The nativity of the governor of Israel is evidently contrasted with an eternal nativity, the depth of which mystery passes the comprehension of human intellect: it must be spiritually discerned. The Creed of the Church expresses the article of faith as “Begotten of His Father before all worlds.” He came forth unto Me to be Ruler in Israel, whose goings forth have been of old, from everlasting, from the days of antiquity. "

Benson
Whose goings forth have been of old from everlasting — Hebrew, מימי עולם מקדם, rendered by the LXX., απ αχης, εξ ημεων αιωνος; and exactly in the same sense by the Vulgate, ab initio, a diebus æternitatis, from the beginning, from the days of eternity. So these Hebrew expressions must of necessity signify in divers places of Scripture, being used to signify the eternity of God: see Psalm 55:19; Psalm 90:2; Proverbs 8:23; Habakkuk 1:12. The words naturally import an original, distinct from the birth of Christ mentioned in the foregoing sentence, which original is here declared to be from all eternity.

Barnes'
"Whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting - Literally, "from the days of eternity." "Going forth" is opposed to "going forth;" a "going forth" out of Bethlehem, to a "going forth from eternity;" a "going forth," which then was still to come, (the prophet says, "shall go forth,") to a "going forth" which had been long ago (Rup.), "not from the world but from the beginning, not in the days of time, but "from the days of eternity." For "in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Same was in the beginning with God." John 1:1-2. In the end of the days, He was to go forth from Bethlehem; but, lest he should be thought then to have had His Being, the prophet adds, His 'goings forth are from everlasting.'" Here words, denoting eternity and used of the eternity of God, are united together to impress the belief of the Eternity of God the Son. We have neither thought nor words to conceive eternity; we can only conceive of time lengthened out without end. : "True eternity is boundless life, all existing at once," or , "to duration without beginning and without end and without change."

and the list goes on....

Micah 5:2 commentaries

From [a]everlasting.”

Keep studying....

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
According to who? your internet preachers at workingpreacher.org?

But, not according to the truth that is presented by learned and proven biblical commentators,

Ellicott's
"Whose goings forth have been from of old.—The nativity of the governor of Israel is evidently contrasted with an eternal nativity, the depth of which mystery passes the comprehension of human intellect: it must be spiritually discerned. The Creed of the Church expresses the article of faith as “Begotten of His Father before all worlds.” He came forth unto Me to be Ruler in Israel, whose goings forth have been of old, from everlasting, from the days of antiquity. "

Benson
Whose goings forth have been of old from everlasting — Hebrew, מימי עולם מקדם, rendered by the LXX., απ αχης, εξ ημεων αιωνος; and exactly in the same sense by the Vulgate, ab initio, a diebus æternitatis, from the beginning, from the days of eternity. So these Hebrew expressions must of necessity signify in divers places of Scripture, being used to signify the eternity of God: see Psalm 55:19; Psalm 90:2; Proverbs 8:23; Habakkuk 1:12. The words naturally import an original, distinct from the birth of Christ mentioned in the foregoing sentence, which original is here declared to be from all eternity.

Barnes'
"Whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting - Literally, "from the days of eternity." "Going forth" is opposed to "going forth;" a "going forth" out of Bethlehem, to a "going forth from eternity;" a "going forth," which then was still to come, (the prophet says, "shall go forth,") to a "going forth" which had been long ago (Rup.), "not from the world but from the beginning, not in the days of time, but "from the days of eternity." For "in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Same was in the beginning with God." John 1:1-2. In the end of the days, He was to go forth from Bethlehem; but, lest he should be thought then to have had His Being, the prophet adds, His 'goings forth are from everlasting.'" Here words, denoting eternity and used of the eternity of God, are united together to impress the belief of the Eternity of God the Son. We have neither thought nor words to conceive eternity; we can only conceive of time lengthened out without end. : "True eternity is boundless life, all existing at once," or , "to duration without beginning and without end and without change."

and the list goes on....

Micah 5:2 commentaries

From [a]everlasting.”

Keep studying....
According to who? You ask. When you ignore God telling you there is only one and there is none other beside him, you are taking what is not actually in scripture but is Eisegesis that essentially calls God a liar.
I would suggest you begin your studies. And the best way to start is not the way you demonstrate you think in the above reply to me.

Sep 6, 2014
According to who? You ask. When you ignore God telling you there is only one and there is none other beside him, you are taking what is not actually in scripture but is Eisegesis that essentially calls God a liar.
I would suggest you begin your studies. And the best way to start is not the way you demonstrate you think in the above reply to me.
"One God in three eternal coexistent persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit."

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Acts 5:3-4
Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and withhold some of the proceeds from the land? 4Did it not belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, was it not at your disposal? How could you conceive such a deed in your heart? You have not lied to men, but to God!”

Ephesians 4:6
One God
and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
In my devotion this morning, God wants us to believe and receive, not work and earn. Grace is given along with mercy. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Thank you Jesus for the gift of eternal salvation