Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EleventhHour

Jesus Christ is the source of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. That's why He bore our sins in His body on the tree so that we would be dead to sins. From there we get a new nature, the new man we are told to put on. Then we have the personal guide, God's own Spirit. And we are told to work out our salvation with fear and trembling.
We certainly know by the fact that Jesus is our Savior that we cannot accomplish our own salvation... so quite obviously Paul in his letter to the Philippians is stating that we need to work out what we already do have (in Christ) with fear and trembling

As well we are positionally sanctified so much like the writer in Hebrews was instructing,....... we are called to
"work out(wardly) what God is working in you.'

Philippians 1:6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

As well it has come to the attention of Eleventh Hour that this can never be repeated enough..........

And I will remind everyone that those who have believed biblically into Christ HAVE ALREADY done the work of the Heavenly Father!

VCO

Oct 14, 2013

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I take it PS left? I knew of a site were OSAS was in the minority. I decided it was not right for me to help him find it. I used to post on it for a short time, on their OSAS thread? BUT even management wanted to believe a man could lose his SALVATION. They shut down the thread, because of: way too many reports on this thread. Not from me, but like I said, the Majority wanted to believe a man could lose his SALVATION. They apparently did not like the verses I was posting.

E

EleventhHour

My view....

Eternal security is ONCE saved always saved <---they both equate to the same result in Christ and just a different way of saying it....another thing...NO such thing as the coined phrase "greasy grace" GRACE is GRACE is GRACE.....and the Grace of God boils down to a POSITION a believer is placed into at the moment of belief....it also equates to a given position that is unattainable by man or man's effort <---Saved, justified, sanctified in Christ and sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise freely by faith into the finished work of Christ
POSITION a believer is placed into at the moment of belief....it also equates to a given position that is unattainable by man or man's effort
Wow... really find this truth helpful.

My reading through this thread is turning out to be a profitable endeavor;)

E

EleventhHour

I take it PS left? I knew of a site were OSAS was in the minority. I decided it was not right for me to help him find it. I used to post on it for a short time, on their OSAS thread? BUT even management wanted to believe a man could lose his SALVATION. They shut down the thread, because of: way too many reports on this thread. Not from me, but like I said, the Majority wanted to believe a man could lose his SALVATION. They apparently did not like the verses I was posting.
He is still around on other threads.

Dec 12, 2013
We certainly know by the fact that Jesus is our Savior that we cannot accomplish our own salvation... so quite obviously Paul in his letter to the Philippians is stating that we need to work out what we already do have (in Christ) with fear and trembling

As well we are positionally sanctified so much like the writer in Hebrews was instructing,....... we are called to
"work out(wardly) what God is working in you.'

Philippians 1:6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

As well it has come to the attention of Eleventh Hour that this can never be repeated enough..........
Amen...the work out your salvation with fear and trembling is directed at fitting out what we have been given....going on to maturity, being used of the mastee, bearing the fruit that he produces in us.....NOT WORKING FOR OR GAINING OR MAINTAINING SALVATION!

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
He is still around on other threads.

I do not think he will ever leave, because in my opinion, they are addicted to what they think is upsetting OSAS believers. That is why I do not get upset, but continue to present the TRUTH.

E

EleventhHour

I do not think he will ever leave, because in my opinion, they are addicted to what they think is upsetting OSAS believers. That is why I do not get upset, but continue to present the TRUTH.
You know I never thought of it that way.. wanting to upset OSAS believers..... as many of us (OSAS believers) would agree it is not personally upsetting but very upsetting with regards to the devaluation and attempt to add to of the work of our Lord and Savior.

That is frustrating to no end!!!

PS

Jan 11, 2013
People do change, and I am sorry you cannot see that, I mean they can love their partner and before you know it they are getting divorced to the person they committed their life to. Yes God is Faithful and will seek to bring us back to the fold. I know one person who begged his partner not to leave, but they did and there will be any more like them. People do change, it is sad. Some people just drift away from God without actually leaving, and they are still secure, but others do a 180 degree turn around and turn their back on God, and because they have rejected Him, rather than simply drifting along, there is no turning back because they would be crucifying him again.

I have returned to one of my old forums because I do not like conflict, and in my absence I find I have accumulated over 6000 likes, and they are asking me to be a moderator, but I don't think I will because I suspect it will be too stressful. Anyway, because of the fickle nature of man, I may be back, who can say except God. Blessings to you all.

Dec 12, 2013
Those who minutes before their last breath accept Jesus in their heart and asks for forgiveness of their sins will have eternal life. No works required. Jesus knows their heart. Lets make heaven crowded!
Does not matter if it is 2 seconds or 100 years....No works are required to be saved and remain saved.....!

Dec 6, 2019
Wow... really find this truth helpful.

My reading through this thread is turning out to be a profitable endeavor;)
Isn’t it wonderful that God did all that DControversal said so that we can be saved from all our spiritual enemies and walk with Him In fellowship and without fear, loving Him and being loved by Him, with no condemnation, and to the praise of His Glory and we will see Him face to face.

Grace upon grace...

That’s the best part!

Dec 12, 2013
Isn’t it wonderful that God did all that DControversal said so that we can be saved from all our spiritual enemies and walk with Him In fellowship and without fear, loving Him and being loved by Him, with no condemnation, and to the praise of His Glory and we will see Him face to face.

Grace upon grace...

That’s the best part!
Have to love the fact that Grace is set forth as a position ONE IS PLACED INTO as a believer...and for the believer....Where sin abounds, grace abounds the more <--written to believers....

Dec 6, 2019
Have to love the fact that Grace is set forth as a position ONE IS PLACED INTO as a believer...and for the believer....Where sin abounds, grace abounds the more <--written to believers....
Another side to the same coin.

Acts 18:27
On phone, sitting in a mall in Sydney, Australia....what does it say migo?
Speaks of the disciples who had believed through the grace of God. It is by the grace of God that He grants that we not only believe, but also to suffer for His Name, in another scripture