Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EleventhHour

Do the math....it would take about 300 hours at 3 min page to read it....she was deceptive in her 1st post.....
It is definitely time intensive ....but I will admit I do not read those posts where the person just posts a wall of text...nothing to learn there.

Oct 24, 2019
And Jesus knows that YOU are wrong for believing that we aren't eternally saved unless we receive glorified bodies here on earth..
If any one says, that by faith alone the impious is justified; in such wise as to mean, that nothing else is required to co-operate in order to the obtaining the grace of Justification, and that it is not in any way necessary, that he be prepared and disposed by the movement of his own will; reform this person.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
That is why I will not take that chance.
We all take chances in life. To trust in Jesus for salvation may feel like taking a chance. To trust God to provide for ones needs may feel like a step of faith. Often times people may look to themselves, their good works instead of leaning on Jesus. Or one may look to their themselves such as their knowledge, or pedigree or something else instead of looking to Jesus. We all take chances in life. You seem to be depending on having the correct doctrine. This is still taking a chance. Psalm 118:8( KJV) says " It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man."

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
If any one says, that by faith alone the impious is justified; in such wise as to mean, that nothing else is required to co-operate in order to the obtaining the grace of Justification, and that it is not in any way necessary, that he be prepared and disposed by the movement of his own will; reform this person.
That sounds familiar. - http://www.justforcatholics.org/a14.htm

CherieR

May 6, 2017
I always did suck at math.. still do.. LOL
It's ok. Math can be hard. There are these particular ways of solving a problem in math and those can be complicated and then after a while of not using it, it can easily be forgotten. I remember getting some tutoring once for math in high school. I once looked at some math notes I made after having been out of school for a while and I did not have any idea how it worked anymore.

Dec 6, 2019
Good post, but JadenS has confused Salvation with Sanctification, and therefore he erroneously thinks nobody is saved until we get the Glorified Body, thus HE HAS WONDERED into a DIFFERENT BALL PARK, because of that error. Read my last post to him, maybe if he listens, there may be hope for him.
He has also confused salvation with glorification. Our body is redeemed at the resurrection, completing Gods good work in us. But before that, our souls are redeemed. No final redemption without blood of Jesus and Holy Spirit redemption

No one can enter into Gods presence until they are sprinkled with blood and annointed with oil. (Holy Spirit), and put on the right garments.

The body does not keep us out of Gods presence when we have been clothed with Christ.

Dec 6, 2019
Dec 6, 2019
Nothing lasts, except the Grace of God, by which I stand. Jesus, I know that my whole life would waste away, except for Grace by which I’m saved

Keith Green- Grace by which I stand

Dec 6, 2019
Faith is the door of entrance into a treasure room of all the good things that you lay as conditions.to enter ( Good works, obedience, resurrected body,etc). You lay them as conditions to be saved. I believe the priviledge we receive to do them are blessings and benefits, even gracious endowments that are part of the riches in Christ

God let me buy The right to enter the treasure room with the things that are in it and cannot be obtained without first entering. Doesn’t work like that

God needs nothing from us. The command and exhortations to obey, to be Holy, and to do good works, are wholly beneficial to us, and are a ground for us to thank God to the Highest degree that He would shower unworthy us with blessings like these through Christ

E

EleventhHour

Nothing lasts, except the Grace of God, by which I stand. Jesus, I know that my whole life would waste away, except for Grace by which I’m saved

Keith Green- Grace by which I stand

Love that song by Keith Green