Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EleventhHour

Staggering that the works guys don't see the irony in posting about THE SPIRIT OF GRACE, while they simultaneously INSULT THE SPIRIT OF GRACE, and trample on the Son of God, by WORKING for what HE has already done!!

And to use this verse as some kind of a proof that you have to continuously work to keep, and stay sinless, or our heavenly Father will toss His Kids into the Lake of Fire, would be beyond humorous, if it wasn't so incredibly tragic for them on judgement day.
I know ... it defies understanding.

Dec 12, 2013
Staggering that the works guys don't see the irony in posting about THE SPIRIT OF GRACE, while they simultaneously INSULT THE SPIRIT OF GRACE, and trample on the Son of God, by WORKING for what HE has already done!!

And to use this verse as some kind of a proof that you have to continuously work to keep, and stay sinless, or our heavenly Father will toss His Kids into the Lake of Fire, would be beyond humorous, if it wasn't so incredibly tragic for them on judgement day.
AMEN PENN...........is it disgusting how they trample JESUS through the mud.........I wish I could cut loose without being banned and say what I really want to say

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017

How about addressing the verse. Not bait and switching it.

Dec 12, 2013
Some here may be confused ... but some are against the Gospel hook, line and sinker ... I wonder what Jesus thinks as they try to usurp Him as Saviour..:(
The dogma they peddle does exactly that........it devalues JESUS to a street organ player with a little 'sumthin, sumthin" to offer for a price.....it is sickening......

Feb 28, 2016
our JOB is to continue to do the 'good-works' that Christ has put into our pitiful hearts that He has rejuvenated...

Dec 12, 2013
our JOB is to continue to do the 'good-works' that Christ has put into our pitiful hearts that He has rejuvenated...
To the one that WORKS NOT, but believes on the HIM that JUSTIFIES the ungodly, HIS FAITH is credited to righteousness....

NO one has disputed this truth.....we are saved UNTO good works...NOT BY....and for sure THEY do NOT top off, finish, embellish, or help one stay saved.

E

EleventhHour

The dogma they peddle does exactly that........it devalues JESUS to a street organ player with a little 'sumthin, sumthin" to offer for a price.....it is sickening......
You have captured it exactly what they are selling and no shame about it... that is sickening.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
he has been peddling a self saving, self serving erroneous view from day one.....his own personal JEEZUS.....not the JESUS of the bible....
I suspect if the apostles Peter and James were commenting on this forum, you would accuse them of being works salvationists. For it is their scriptures you kick against.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
How about addressing the verse. Not bait and switching it.
Dude. I honestly feel bad for you. Satan has blinded to you the truth that YOU are trampling on the Blood of Christ by not relying SOLELY on Him.

He prayed 3 times to His Father in Gethsemane, that if there were ANY other way than HIM paying for your sins to take it...

Did you hear His Father saying "Well, there is this guy Chris from Ireland. He can probably do enough works, remain sinless, and preach others to do the same, to save himself and keep himself saved..."

Can't you see how utterly offensive that is to God!?

Dec 12, 2013
I suspect if the apostles Peter and James were commenting on this forum, you would accuse them of being works salvationists. For it is their scriptures you kick against.
Not hardly.....they understood the place works had/has......you on the other hand....not so much!

Dec 12, 2013
Dude. I honestly feel bad for you. Satan has blinded to you the truth that YOU are trampling on the Blood of Christ by not relying SOLELY on Him.

He prayed 3 times to His Father in Gethsemane, that if there were ANY other way than HIM paying for your sins to take it...

Did you hear His Father saying "Well, there is this guy Chris from Ireland. He can probably do enough works, remain sinless, and preach others to do the same, to save himself and keep himself saved..."

And utterly offensive to those that KNOW and HOLD the truth..........it sickens me to the core.....and so infuriates me that I must keep myself in check

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
James would be called a heretic for these statements:

8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well; 9 but if you [e]show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors. 10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. 11 For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty. 13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017

You have no need to feel bad for me. Under your doctrine if I believe in Christ I can never ever fall away, no matter what I do. So chill, no need to feel sorry for me.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
You have no need to feel bad for me. Under your doctrine if I believe in Christ I can never ever fall away, no matter what I do. So chill, no need to feel sorry for me.
Under MY doctrine? I don't understand. Are you a born again child of God?

E

EleventhHour

What you DO cannot save either, so you have a problem.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
James would also be called a heretic in this chat thread for these statements:

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without [f]your works, and I will show you my faith by [g]my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is [h]dead?