Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EleventhHour

I'm not sure the fields of this forum are as fertile as I wished they were.
I may not hang around too much longer.
We'll see.
Agree
No fertile ground here for false doctrine
From a biblical perspective that is an ...oxymoron

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
They do have one in my town. I'm not sure about it, though.

While I agree with this, the focus in church has to be on being educated in experiencing God himself. The problem comes in when a church focuses on works of ministry instead of focusing on experiencing God from which the life of sacrifice and obedience comes. If it's not that way you end up with a church that does lots of ministry, but a church to whom Christ will say, "I never knew you", or, "I don't know where you're from" (loose paraphrase).
They should go hand in hand. The modern Salvation Army is a far cry from what Gen. Booth was doing 150 years ago. When it started taking Government assistance money and food stamps it had to lower it's standards and it was no longer the outreach arm of the Methodist church. But that's a different story.

Nov 16, 2019
Stupid comment to make.
Where did I say in unbelievers would be saved when Jesus comes back?

Quote it or rescind it.
Post #119,148 is our discourse.
You asked, among other things, "What about people who do not trust in what God has shown them to be true?"
I told you. You disagreed.
People who do not trust in the truth about Jesus that God has shown them are not saved.
I don't care why EG disagrees with that. But why do you disagree with that? :unsure:

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Lol!
Just when you thought man had over thought the things of God too much. :LOL:
You know I never ever speak to people about things like double predestination, or even once saved always saved, conditional this, unconditional that.

You know why? Cause all them things is just UNPRACTICAL theological babble thats why. What I wanna do IN REAL LIFE is focus on REAL LIFE issues and REAL LIFE faith not just theological constructs we've invented. I love debating them online but really thats more just a HOBBY to me, in real life I could not CARE LESS if someone is Reformed(calvinist) or not, if someone believes in eternal security or not, if someone is charismatic or not, if someone believes in the pre-trib rapture or post-trib rapture or is amillennial or postmillennial or if someone believes in zionism or not.

ALL those things differ per person, im looking at the way people CONDUCT themselves and their CHARACTER and WALK with Christ and how they treat other people. I look at if they keep their word, if they can still LEARN

The curse of baptists is they need to get all their ducks in a row and they dont do NOTHING, the curse of pentecostals is they do much and their ducks are all over the POND and they know NOTHING

^I put it ilke that on purpose to insult the maximum amount of people knowing people take it personally, OF COURSE I AINT SAYING all baptists or pentecostals, CHILL. Just general trends we all know are true

E

EleventhHour

Well considering we have hardly spoken, and you have no idea of my life, yet have me on ignore, it’s laughable what you say

oh that’s right, you probably know me from before and know I will not back down. Right Ralph?

I think Ralph has me on ignore too.... obviously he does not like to be challenged by some of us...:D

E

EleventhHour

As with most true acts of Faith and faithing, your life depends on it being successful. No half measure, no salvation in your back pocket.
Whoa ... this is completely unscriptural.

And I have more bad news for you... you will never be perfect.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Whoa ... this is completely unscriptural.

And I have more bad news for you... you will never be perfect.
if I am not mistaken , pisteuo bases his beliefs on a Stanford professor's teachings, from back in the 80's /

I think he mentioned that the last time he was posting here.

DoY

Dec 22, 2019
It does not get any plainer..........Our righteous works have ZERO to do with Salvation!

King James Bible
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
The first step is definitely a free gift and cannot be earned. The controversy is....what next? Each person should work that out between him/herself and God.
(1) Justification = Saved by Grace through Faith alone, not by any works. (Thank you Jesus!) [Ephesians 2:8-9]
(2) Sanctification = The process of becoming holy as He is holy (1 Peter 1:15), enduring to the end (Matt 24:13), working out our salvation with fear and trembling (Phil 2:12). Good works and obedience is out of love for Him (Matt 14:15) and not in order to earn salvation.
(3) Glorification = When salvation actually is fulfilled upon His return. (1 Thess 4:16)

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
View attachment 208991

We know that is the theology that the Salvation Army teaches, which makes it sounds like works are Part of Salvation. However, the Works are NEVER part of Salvation, instead they are PART OF THE LOVE HE PUT IN US, which WILL manifest itself After YOU ARE Born Again, in other words SAVED.

John 14:15 (HCSB)
15 “If you love Me [.You are SAVED, then you will keep out of the love HE put in you,], you will keep My commands.

1 John 5:3 (HCSB)
3 For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. Now His commands are not a burden,

SEE, it has always been part of LOVE, and NOT Salvation.

Romans 5:5 (HCSB)
5 This hope will not disappoint ⌊us⌋, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

That KIND OF LOVE is a Seed that was planted in the fertile Soil of our hearts, reproduces the Same kind of LOVE for GOD and the Brethren, coming from the Born Again Heart or Human Spirit. In other words, that LOVE IS OF GOD, and we do not get to TAKE CREDIT FOR IT.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
View attachment 208991

We know that is the theology that the Salvation Army teaches, which makes it sounds like works are Part of Salvation. However, the Works are NEVER part of Salvation, instead they are PART OF THE LOVE HE PUT IN US, which WILL manifest itself After YOU ARE Born Again, in other words SAVED.

John 14:15 (HCSB)
15 “If you love Me [.You are SAVED, then you will keep out of the love HE put in you,], you will keep My commands.

1 John 5:3 (HCSB)
3 For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. Now His commands are not a burden,

SEE, it has always been part of LOVE, and NOT Salvation.

Romans 5:5 (HCSB)
5 This hope will not disappoint ⌊us⌋, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

That KIND OF LOVE is a Seed that was planted in the fertile Soil of our hearts, reproduces the Same kind of LOVE for GOD and the Brethren, coming from the Born Again Heart or Human Spirit. In other words, that LOVE IS OF GOD, and we do not get to TAKE CREDIT FOR IT.
The burden is upon us to resist the Devil and his ways. We are not to conform to the ways of the word but be transformed. We must learn and be patient as well as diligent. It's a procedure that takes a lifetime. If we truly LOVE the Lord we will continue to learn to seek and keep his ways. Seeking is not finished, it continues the rest of our lives. Just keem this in our heart and minds' 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.