Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Job's friends really multiplied over the centuries.
We, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, since the Spirit of God lives in us.
Isn't it great to truly be in Christ Jesus? And not just clicking our heals together about it like Dorothy. Before Jesus sovereignly laid hold of my life, that was me. In my pew, claiming Romans 8:1 but knowing nothing of the life detailed in the verses that followed.

But learn what this means: Righteous men will sentence Oholah and Oholibah to the punishment of women who commit adultery and shed blood, because they are adulterous and blood is on their hands.

"Out of Egypt I called My son." Is God referring to Israel or Jesus? Yes. Then learn who the 2 sisters are. The older sister Oholah - "she has a tent". The younger Oholibah - "a tent is in her". Ezekiel 23. The salt lost its savor. What did the Master say is it good for?

As Isaiah foretold: The sinners in Zion are terrified; fearfulness has surprised the hypocrites: "Who of us can dwell with the consuming fire? Who of us can dwell with everlasting burning?"

The Psalm 15 man.

That will go over like a lead balloon but it's because your sins are so many and your hostility so great, the prophet is considered a fool, the spiritual man insane.
1. Another legalistic self righteous person who thinks they know how other people act and how sinful they are, which is ok, and actually I say thanks, it proves what I said, you are nothing more than a modern day saul pumping your chest how your not like the sinner
2. you no prophet, and your certainly not spiritual, no more than saul was.

we can only,pray God knocks you down and you have a paul experience.

E

eternally-gratefull

From what I’ve read...there is no basis for his accusations
There is a basis

its called blame shift, he can not come against our gospel, so he has to lie and attack, otherwise the truth will be exposed

its called phariseeism

E

eternally-gratefull

OK then an opportunity to set the record straight. Please answer then my assessment bit by bit:

1) Can ongoing sin in a believers life have any impact on eternal security (Y/N)?
2) If the answer to point 1 is No (which I suspect will be your answer), then is such a person free to do anything (murder/rape, lie and steal) (Y/N)?
3) If the answer to Q2 above is "No" then what what are the maximum implications if they do such things as highlighted in Q2?
4) I asserted you say that once you believe at a single point in history you are from that point eternally secure. Is this person required to CONTINUALLY BELIEVE in Christ to obtain salvation, or are they free to stop believing and still have their salvation secure?

I suspect you won't answer these as highlighted. Because it exposes your exact doctrine.
John 3: 4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

your refusal to acknowledge John and continue to attack based on senseless questions is duly noted

Dec 12, 2013
There is a basis

its called blame shift, he can not come against our gospel, so he has to lie and attack, otherwise the truth will be exposed

its called phariseeism
AMEN......it is hilariously sad....these salvation losers that peddle obedience to remain saved LIE openly about what we say and in essence, by their own dogma, state that they are not saved or have lost it.........

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
John 3: 4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

your refusal to acknowledge John and continue to attack based on senseless questions is duly noted
So based on this very post of yours here, if the believer is found in continual sin, are they saved? BASED SOLELY ON YOUR POSTED SCRIPTURES HERE. A simple YES or NO answer will suffice.

E

eternally-gratefull

So based on this very post of yours here, if the believer is found in continual sin, are they saved? BASED SOLELY ON YOUR POSTED SCRIPTURES HERE. A simple YES or NO answer will suffice.
He who sins has never seen God or Known God

based on johns words, no christian has ever been on that situation, it’s I possible because anyone in that situation has NeVER seen or known god, hence they could NEVER have been saved to begin with.

thus, your question is invalid, there is no possible answer, because the premise is impossible

I know that’s hard for you to understand, it it’s true

E

eternally-gratefull

works salvationists use these verses. we are back to no one being saved again lolz

this is why you cant take these so literally in johns letters. he is just speaking in general i think
john is telling the truth

a person born of God can not live in Sin, because they have been born of God.

one who sins has never seen if known God...

we should not try to make John seem to say something he never said, or claim he did not mean what he said.

think about it, who God even allow it, Even if it were Even possible, anymore than a father will let his child live in constant disobedience.

workers hate this passage, it destroys their thought a man of god can live in sin thus losing his salvation

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
john is telling the truth

we should not try to make John seem to say something he never said, or claim he did not mean what he said.

think about it, who God even allow it, Even if it were Even possible, anymore than a father will let his child live in constant disobedience.

workers hate this passage, it destroys their thought a man of god can live in sin thus losing his salvation
You are seriously confused.

By your own words in this last week you have implied that continuing in belief in not required for salvation. Here are your words:
"if continues to believe is required. Then we will continue to thirst." Post Nr 117993 "
So then this SIN of unbelief (which you say cannot disqualify you from eternal life) is still considered a SIN in any event. Because Jesus tells us to believe in Him (John 3v16).

Yet you quote John above "
"

Yet unless you are born of God you cannot have eternal life.

You can't have it both ways.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
AMPLIFIED BIBLE
1 John 3

6 No one who abides in Him [who remains united in fellowship with Him—deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin. No one who habitually sins has seen Him or known Him.

This clears up all of the confusion as to what is means by John 1 John 3v6. It talking about a lifestyle of sin (habitually) and not once off.

How do we abide in Him?

John 15

9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
AMPLIFIED BIBLE
1 John 3

6 No one who abides in Him [who remains united in fellowship with Him—deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin. No one who habitually sins has seen Him or known Him.

This clears up all of the confusion as to what is means by John 1 John 3v6. It talking about a lifestyle of sin (habitually) and not once off.

How do we abide in Him?

John 15
9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
So with this in mind, lets come back to the original questions posed to DCON:

1) Can ongoing sin in a believers life have any impact on eternal security (Y/N)?
2) If the answer to point 1 is No , then is such a person free to do anything (murder/rape, lie and steal) (Y/N)?
3) If the answer to Q2 above is "No" then what what are the maximum implications if they do such things as highlighted in Q2?
4) I asserted you say that once you believe at a single point in history you are from that point eternally secure. Is this person required to CONTINUALLY BELIEVE in Christ to obtain salvation, or are they free to stop believing and still have their salvation secure?

E

eternally-gratefull

You are seriously confused.

By your own words in this last week you have implied that continuing in belief in not required for salvation. Here are your words:
"if continues to believe is required. Then we will continue to thirst." Post Nr 117993 "
So then this SIN of unbelief (which you say cannot disqualify you from eternal life) is still considered a SIN in any event. Because Jesus tells us to believe in Him (John 3v16).

Yet you quote John above "
"

Yet unless you are born of God you cannot have eternal life.

You can't have it both ways.
1. You keep taking me out of context in joy. 6 is not doing you any favors.
2. why is it impossible for you to have any serious discussion?

john said whoever sins has neither seen or known god

so tell us, how could they be saved if they have never seen god or known him personally?

what a joke.

continue to call Jesus a lier (people will still thirst and hunger) and John a liar ( one can know god and still live in sin)

you have to live with yourself

E

eternally-gratefull

AMPLIFIED BIBLE
1 John 3

How do we abide in Him?

John 15
no One who lives in sin (Ie habitually) has seen or known god

again you are shown to not be able to understand what people say

i have continued to say that since the beginning

NEVER is the word you refuse to acknowledge

sorry but no one is buying your twisted view of john

keep this slander up I will stop trying to correct and call you out I will expose it to people who can do something about it

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
1. You keep taking me out of context in joy. 6 is not doing you any favors.
2. why is it impossible for you to have any serious discussion?

john said whoever sins has neither seen or known god

so tell us, how could they be saved if they have never seen god or known him personally?

what a joke.

continue to call Jesus a lier (people will still thirst and hunger) and John a liar ( one can know god and still live in sin)

you have to live with yourself
Answered in two preceding posts.

E

eternally-gratefull

So with this in mind, lets come back to the original questions posed to DCON:

2) If the answer to point 1 is No , then is such a person free to do anything (murder/rape, lie and steal) (Y/N)?
A person who is in ongoing habitual sin has never seen or known god

your question is just as invalid now as it was an hour ago

how can one never know god and ever have been a christian.

stop twisting gods word

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
A person who is in ongoing habitual sin has never seen or known god

your question is just as invalid now as it was an hour ago

how can one never know god and ever have been a christian.

stop twisting gods word
Ezekiel 18
24 “But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
Matthew 7
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!