Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Shephards Chapel and serpent seed theology is just heresy. Trouble with false teachers, they always mix in something you don't notice. This group mix in paranoia, that the Kenites are out to get us ........
1 Corinthians 2:14
But the "wisdom of man" receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Yeah? One "could" stay "in THAT theology", and not "bloom!"
Or? One could "grow" into this:
1 John 2:27

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

And find out just how true it is!

Not "paranoia!"

It's WAR!

Paranoia is the "spirit of fear!"

Jan 5, 2020
But the "wisdom of man" receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Not "paranoia!"

It's WAR!

So you are a serpent seed follower it appears. Why does this make any sense to you?

E

eternally-gratefull

Oh ok. You asked originally “ how many works are required of man?” No works are required for justification. You and I do not see works as a requirement for salvation, but rather as a result of our love produced by our salvation. In that case, work is no more work. Just as if we try to work to obtain grace, grace is no more grace.

But what is the answer to the question James posed? Yes or no?

Because the way I read the text is that James is saying that if our faith is dead, it cannot save us

Dead faith is faith that does not produce spiritual life. Like the vain mere acceptance of “there is one God”, which is no better than what the devils have
And hence why they have zero works

Dec 6, 2019
I was just asking @NayborBear because of some of what he writes and his tone... but he is not familiar with them.

I see you are.. not a good bunch... and they have lots of influence as mainline Christian falls apart.
I don’t agree with Morell and Skelly because they ask unsaved people to do something (sin no more) no unsaved person can do until they are first raised to spiritual life

Not saying we are raised to sinless perfection, but by sin no more, I mean raised to newness of life

Asking an unsaved person to sin no more is like asking a blind person to look at the sunset.

Jan 5, 2020

Not "paranoia!"

It's WAR!

How many Kenites have you discovered to date? Zero, one, two.
I do not judge unless I read it, but it is always amazing over time who turns out to be who.

Dec 6, 2019
And hence why they have zero works
Yes. Dead faith produces zero works. Dead faith is like calling people to believe and leaving grace and the Holy Spirit out. That would be dead evangelism leading to dead faith resulting in dead professors of religion instead of Christians.

I think James is talking about dead possessors vs those who have spiritual life through and in Christ Jesus

NayborBear

So you are a serpent seed follower it appears. Why does this make any sense to you?

Psalm 110
The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God AND of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Dec 6, 2019
I do not judge unless I read it, but it is always amazing over time who turns out to be who.
The Kenites thing always made me scratch my head and say “huh”?

My phone didn’t even know. It originally auto corrected to keynotes. 😆

Dec 6, 2019
I don’t agree with Morell and Skelly because they ask unsaved people to do something (sin no more) no unsaved person can do until they are first raised to spiritual life

Not saying we are raised to sinless perfection, but by sin no more, I mean raised to newness of life

Asking an unsaved person to sin no more is like asking a blind person to look at the sunset.
Postscript. Call them to repent and believe and God comes in and cleans house and also restores and refurnishes

E

eternally-gratefull

The above reminded me of a bungee jump and the guys saying, just jump, nothing else is required.
Now it is true you jump and trust, but everything else around keeps you safe and is safety checked and put in place etc.
You could describe it all in detail each thing and how it works and who does what or just say jump.

So much confusion is caused because in context we call out, and the Lord fills in the rest over time.
And His promises are met 100% in His people.
You are all over the place

We have eternal security only if we do works?
you also have your example wrong

We are n the middle of the ocean with no hope unless Christ comes to save us

That’s all that is required say yes and let Christ rescue you

Jan 5, 2020

Psalm 110
The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God AND of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
The problem with all conspiracy belief systems, is that is not how Jesus works or even is concerned.
The world is our enemy because their deeds are evil and hate the light.

And these enemies will kill us and do lots of crazy things to us because of sin in their minds and hearts.
We do not need more conspiracies, just need to learn to walk closer and deeper with Jesus.

And even better, they can send us quicker to be with the Lord than otherwise, Amen.

E

EleventhHour

"he is against OSAS so what he states does not matter."

Is this a sensible approach? Because you believe "x" everything else you say can be ignored.
That is the road to dictatorships and delusion.
Listening to false teachers is the road to delusion and ruin that is for sure!

The Gospel is salvation/saved/eternal life/..... not some temporary status.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
so yeah I guess we can all rejoice we were created, born and are alive today.
i opt out of existance if i could choose i would never be born. i have already been through so many unfortunate situations.

do you know of a guy called origen? he speculated about pre-existence of souls i know thats not biblical anywhere. but i understand how he thought about it because to be born is such a punishment that you think that maybe i did something as a soul to be sent here to suffer in the flesh.

even the guys who have the best rich wealthy healthy life still go through hardships in this life.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
AMEN....I prayed it would be when I started it and thank GOD it has opened the minds of some that are willing to learn.....and as long as the salvation losers, JESUS devalue'rs, Cainologists, Pharisees, clowns, jokers and trolls keep peddling faux gospels...I will fire away...

And as long as this thread stays up, I will do the same thing. Thank you for starting this very important thread.

E

EleventhHour

i opt out of existance if i could choose i would never be born. i have already been through so many unfortunate situations.

do you know of a guy called origen? he speculated about pre-existence of souls i know thats not biblical anywhere. but i understand how he thought about it because to be born is such a punishment that you think that maybe i did something as a soul to be sent here to suffer in the flesh.

even the guys who have the best rich wealthy healthy life still go through hardships in this life.
Yes I know of Origen of Alexandria ... have not read his works but his pre-existence of souls was a belief that was sometimes talked about in Catholicism.

I am sad to read this.... surely as a born again believer you have received some healing from the past..... yes some suffer more than others for sure.... but I am a firm believer in making peace with one's past or hardships and moving on by the grace of God.

King James Bible
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

NayborBear

How many? MANY!
You'll find them HERE!:
Ephesians 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

And?

HERE!:
Jude

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

Yer posts make sound like "they" don't exist!

Even when "scripture plainly states?" They DO!

What I can say? Is they do a pretty good job at "hiding!"

Don't they? :unsure:

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Another comfort I find is that I can kneel down and pray directly to God because the Veil was torn and ripped apart because my Savior was crucified, died, arose from the grave to defeat death and that with such action He provided a direct link from we believers to Him. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

Dec 6, 2019
And be assured when he speaks of "born again" I am almost positive he is not referencing regeneration, as in a work of God... but stopping one's sin a work of man... accomplished by one's own effort.
Yes. Everything he said in the little bit I listened to, were things that are impossible for the flesh ( unsaved person) to do, and can only be accomplished via resurrection to life. So these things are not what saves us, they are all results of being raised to life. But in a sense, we need to continue in them, but not in order to obtain salvation, but rather because we are saved and desire God and all things that pertain to life and godliness. That would be the desire of our heart and what we seek, as spiritual minded that leads to life as a result of the New Birth.