Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 5, 2020
You are all over the place

We have eternal security only if we do works?
you also have your example wrong

We are n the middle of the ocean with no hope unless Christ comes to save us

That’s all that is required say yes and let Christ rescue you
It would be helpful if you tried not to mark everything against your model.
You are not God, and our analogies are often personal to us, so neither right or wrong, but an expression of how things appear or we react to them.

Your analogy sounds very alone and helpless, with no reference points or even a path, direction or structure.

A biblical picture of faith, like my bungee jump, is Peter walking on water.
But the context was Jesus, Jesus standing on the water and being invited to walk.

In all my interactions with the Lord, He is full of context, help, support, encouragement, love, grace, words of authority and promise.
So nothing like being in an ocean and calling out alone and lost.

I have been at one time very alone, desperate and suicidal, but at that point I called out to Him, and the pain passed. I wonder if we need to know our limits to then be able to work sensibly within them and take ownership of were we go, rather than have blind faith.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
The problem with all conspiracy belief systems, is that is not how Jesus works or even is concerned.
The world is our enemy because their deeds are evil and hate the light.

And these enemies will kill us and do lots of crazy things to us because of sin in their minds and hearts.
We do not need more conspiracies, just need to learn to walk closer and deeper with Jesus.

And even better, they can send us quicker to be with the Lord than otherwise, Amen.
Yes!.....It IS how Jesus works, and is concerned with!

Matthew 23
24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

E

EleventhHour

Yes. Everything he said in the little bit I listened to, were things that are impossible for the flesh ( unsaved person) to do, and can only be accomplished via resurrection to life. So these things are not what saves us, they are all results of being raised to life. But in a sense, we need to continue in them, but not in order to obtain salvation, but rather because we are saved and desire God and all things that pertain to life and godliness. That would be the desire of our heart and what we seek, as spiritual minded that leads to life as a result of the New Birth.
Well I am sad you are taken in by his deception.

Jan 5, 2020
How many? MANY!
You'll find them HERE!:
Ephesians 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

And?

HERE!:
Jude

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

Yer posts make sound like "they" don't exist!

Even when "scripture plainly states?" They DO!

What I can say? Is they do a pretty good job at "hiding!"

Don't they? :unsure:
Being just honest, I do not hold to any conspiracies, just the lunacy of sin working in peoples lives.
So I have no clue, and I really mean no clue what you are talking about, or even why I need to know.

Now I know in North Korea they have a police state with secrete police everywhere. But that is reality
no conspiracy.

I wish you well, but definitely 100% not anything I am interested in or accept even for a moment.

Jan 5, 2020
Listening to false teachers is the road to delusion and ruin that is for sure!

The Gospel is salvation/saved/eternal life/..... not some temporary status.
Got to laugh. We are all deluded in some way, on this small planet going round the sun, feeling it really really matters that this point is made and not that one.

Being plugged into Jesus, His word and the Holy Spirit is just the best.
After reading who Paul faced, I got it easy :)

NayborBear

Being just honest, I do not hold to any conspiracies, just the lunacy of sin working in peoples lives.
So I have no clue, and I really mean no clue what you are talking about, or even why I need to know.

Now I know in North Korea they have a police state with secrete police everywhere. But that is reality
no conspiracy.

I wish you well, but definitely 100% not anything I am interested in or accept even for a moment.
1 Corinthians 2:14
But the wisdom of man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him
: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Peace be WITH you! :)

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Shephards Chapel and serpent seed theology is just heresy. Trouble with false teachers, they always mix in something you don't notice. This group mix in paranoia, that the Kenites are out to get us ........
Have you gone back and read the account given in Genesis?

Dec 6, 2019
Well I am sad you are taken in by his deception.
Haha... what did I say that indicates this? Or what did I say that you take issue with?

Read my post again. You will find nothing that is out of sorts with osas teaching. All is fully compatible.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Genesis 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Who is He talking to?

E

eternally-gratefull

Yes. Dead faith produces zero works. Dead faith is like calling people to believe and leaving grace and the Holy Spirit out. That would be dead evangelism leading to dead faith resulting in dead professors of religion instead of Christians.

I think James is talking about dead possessors vs those who have spiritual life through and in Christ Jesus
He is talking about those who think they can say a prayer and bank there saved. Now I can live however they
It would be helpful if you tried not to mark everything against your model.
You are not God, and our analogies are often personal to us, so neither right or wrong, but an expression of how things appear or we react to them.

Your analogy sounds very alone and helpless, with no reference points or even a path, direction or structure.

A biblical picture of faith, like my bungee jump, is Peter walking on water.
But the context was Jesus, Jesus standing on the water and being invited to walk.

In all my interactions with the Lord, He is full of context, help, support, encouragement, love, grace, words of authority and promise.
So nothing like being in an ocean and calling out alone and lost.

I have been at one time very alone, desperate and suicidal, but at that point I called out to Him, and the pain passed. I wonder if we need to know our limits to then be able to work sensibly within them and take ownership of were we go, rather than have blind faith.
so it’s ok if you make an analogy but not me
Me. Got you know what they call people who do that?

Jan 5, 2020
Have you gone back and read the account given in Genesis?
Do you know who wrote the story of Adam and Eve? Moses dictated by God.
If God wanted us to know this conspiracy idea, He would have told us.

Any teacher can invent elaborate stories not in scripture to explain word differences and ideas. It means nothing and causes much harm to the core message of the gospel which is about straight path walking in the power of the Holy Spirit.

Dec 6, 2019
That would be a valid example of dead faith. Merely saying words does not save. The power of God saves through faith. Not syllables and sounds.
Genesis 3:15 does speak of the serpent and his seed. Now I don’t know if Arnold Murray understands this correctly. I stopped listening because of strange things he said. I never heard his teaching on this matter

Jan 5, 2020
He is talking about those who think they can say a prayer and bank there saved. Now I can live however they

so it’s ok if you make an analogy but not me
Me. Got you know what they call people who do that?
I suspect you did not really read what I wrote. I am sorry you have got the wrong impression of what I meant.
I apologise, I mean no harm or upset.

Your analogy to me sounded so alone and lost. Jesus has never been like that to me.
Maybe I need an EG tutorial .... how to approach you in a good way :)

E

eternally-gratefull

I suspect you did not really read what I wrote. I am sorry you have got the wrong impression of what I meant.
I apologise, I mean no harm or upset.

Your analogy to me sounded so alone and lost. Jesus has never been like that to me.
Maybe I need an EG tutorial .... how to approach you in a good way :)
Your analogy of jumping up smelled of works and law and requirements
my anoligy spoke to the desperate situation we are in and how only faith in God can save
it’s actually quite simple