Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
I think Trolls hope Christians go at one another like this. Even when a Christian is going after that one that poses as a Christian and actually is the Troll. Having to do I think with the admonition of our Lord that we love our neighbors as ourselves, and also love those who do bad unto us. Like unto goading , the Troll likes to see how many buttons they can push to make all those teachings of Jesus get cast aside so that we show in our words we don't love the Trolling kind. Instead we tire quickly of their efforts, and just wish them gone.

Then again, could one who commits to trolling Christians actually know what love is? Is trolling an example of them loving themselves more than to do that?

Maybe Trolls are God's opportunity for us to practice what He preached.

He certainly challenges me to practice, practice, practice, in that way. :giggle: When I fail I just tell Jesus, it could be because I feel sorry that their bridge is so lonely without them.
)Sorry Lord, I thought that was funny(​
Jesus loved the Pharisees. He longed to gather them and all the children of Israel as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings. Yet be that as it may, Jesus was very direct and forthcoming with the Pharisees to the point of insulting them. 😎

Dec 12, 2013
I don't fully remember what it was like in the catholic churches I went to long ago.... but I do remember putting the "holy" water on myself in the wrong pattern🤔
A buddy of mine and I one time doing work in a Luthern church (gag) raided the bag-o-wafers in massively stocked wine cooler and ate a few handfuls to hold us over till lunch hahah ;)

Dec 12, 2013
Try again? After I was correct the first time? OK.

"....no sound scientific studies to evaluate these health claims have been published in reputable medical journals. In fact, the Food and Drug Administration has taken action against some manufacturers of colloidal silver products for making unproven health claims.

It's not clear how much colloidal silver may be harmful, but it can build up in your body's tissues over months or years. Most commonly, this results in argyria (ahr-JIR-e-uh), a blue-gray discoloration of your skin, eyes, internal organs, nails and gums. While argyria doesn't usually pose a serious health problem, it can be a cosmetic concern because it doesn't go away when you stop taking silver products.

Rarely, excessive doses of colloidal silver can cause possibly irreversible serious health problems, including kidney damage and neurological problems such as seizures." [Mayo Clinic source, more reading]
like I said....wrong again...try again.......and you are dense if you think I do not do research....and key word in your research....Excessive and of course it would be mouthed because DRUG COMPANIES LOBBY WITH BILLIONS OF DOLLARS GENIUS

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
like I said....wrong again...try again.......and you are dense if you think I do not do research....and key word in your research....Excessive and of course it would be mouthed because DRUG COMPANIES LOBBY WITH BILLIONS OF DOLLARS GENIUS
Not quite a genius yet. :) Still, I am smart enough to know Mayo clinic is not a drug company.

Furthermore, I also smart enough to know when there is case evidence of the dangers of over consuming Colloidal Silver, as you recommended an ounce per day, when CS extended use causes a build up in tissues, that a person does not resort to screaming nor sarcastic rebuttal when they're confident they know what they're talking about.

Those who are interested in alternative health supplements, please consider researching Colloidal Silver and all its benefits and most importantly its side effects and dangers. They are out there. They are real. And there are those who are dead and buried as proof of this.
I'd post links myself however, if someone is interested they'll do their research.

L

Locoponydirtman

Everyone has a different perspective of their faith walk, I think. When we're in a relationship with God it stands to reason we wouldn't each and everyone think alike.
Of course works has everything to do with Salvation. Our Salvation is what leads us to do the good work of God. And come the judgment we will stand and answer for what we did, how we worked, in His service. So, works are a part of the plan of Salvation, just not as some may think.
We do not labor to keep our Salvation or else God will snatch it away. I think that idea is what so called Works Salvation proponents believe. Which is sad really, because there is no scripture understood in proper context that tells us that.
Can you imagine? Rather than living in the security and peace of Christ, those poor people think their Salvation is precariously perched upon their behaviors.
So how does a Christian disagree with scripture? This sounds like obfuscation.

Dec 12, 2013
Not quite a genius yet. :) Still, I am smart enough to know Mayo clinic is not a drug company.

Furthermore, I also smart enough to know when there is case evidence of the dangers of over consuming Colloidal Silver, as you recommended an ounce per day, when CS extended use causes a build up in tissues, that a person does not resort to screaming nor sarcastic rebuttal when they're confident they know what they're talking about.

Those who are interested in alternative health supplements, please consider researching Colloidal Silver and all its benefits and most importantly its side effects and dangers. They are out there. They are real. And there are those who are dead and buried as proof of this.
I'd post links myself however, if someone is interested they'll do their research.
Disagree all you want....I have researched it heavily and there is no danger in an oz of distilled water that has collodial silver in it....I have made it for the last 10 years, I have seen it heal people of tumors, arthritis, keep mold from growing, shrank soft ball size tumors, cure nail fungus, etc. and the reason the Gov and Drug companies stand against it is BECAUSE IT CANNOT BE PATENTED....and of COURSE THE MAYO CLINIC IS RUN BY DOCTORS THAT GET KICK BACKS FROM DRUG COMPANIES...use your head man....Romans, Greeks, Hebrews, Settlers etc. ALL UTILIZED SILVER to purify wells, water barrels, keep milk from curdling, cure diseases etc.....even the saying of being born with a silver spoon in your mouth has roots in the use of silver by the rich to help with sicknesses....YES....it can cause issues if ABUSED and or in excess just as SALT CAN, but the right amount, in moderation builds a secondary immune system.....

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Someone will definitely need colloidal silver in this case everyday... I recommend you follow @dcontroversal instructions on how to make and take it.
Why? This is the net. If someone wants to find out how to make Colloidal Silver they're better off researching on their own so as to learn all about it. Especially important for homemade CS is it is very easy to contaminate the batch.

Rely on independent sources for making CS. Anyone can claim anything in an anonymous discussion. However, simply researching all things or interest in Colloidal Silver is the responsible thing to do if one is considering incorporating CS into their healing regimen.
Colloidal Silver has been used for generations in healing. It isn't new. However, the purity factor in the creation of the formula, because the silver particles carry an electrical charge.

Enough of taking this thread off topic further. CS had no place in this topic in the first place , imo. The last thing I'll say is, if you're considering CS, anyone reading this, consider that you should research very carefully before agreeing to consume something that will affect your health. For the good, as CS has a history of healing, and yet also for the bad, because people have died from CS toxicity.

I was formerly employed in the alternative healing field and for many years. I know of what I speak. Witnessing someone enter your office suffering with Argyria is proof enough to make you very aware there are risks.

And yes, I said anyone can become anyone on the Net, therefore the individual will have to decide for themselves if I am credible in my concerns. However, I do know what I'm talking about and that is why I too derailed this thread further in speaking about Colloidal Silver. Because it is a matter of being responsible, and for me that entails speaking up when someone claims drinking an ounce of CS a day is good for you. There is plenty of medical evidence that proves that is not always the case. In fact, CS can build up in body tissues and long term exposure means makes for a greater risk in that.

Remember too that the silver in CS is the same kind of silver used in jewelry and dental fillings.
OK, soapbox is put away. That's all folks. :giggle:

E

EleventhHour

Why? This is the net. If someone wants to find out how to make Colloidal Silver they're better off researching on their own so as to learn all about it. Especially important for homemade CS is it is very easy to contaminate the batch.

Rely on independent sources for making CS. Anyone can claim anything in an anonymous discussion. However, simply researching all things or interest in Colloidal Silver is the responsible thing to do if one is considering incorporating CS into their healing regimen.
Colloidal Silver has been used for generations in healing. It isn't new. However, the purity factor in the creation of the formula, because the silver particles carry an electrical charge.

Enough of taking this thread off topic further. CS had no place in this topic in the first place , imo. The last thing I'll say is, if you're considering CS, anyone reading this, consider that you should research very carefully before agreeing to consume something that will affect your health. For the good, as CS has a history of healing, and yet also for the bad, because people have died from CS toxicity.

I was formerly employed in the alternative healing field and for many years. I know of what I speak. Witnessing someone enter your office suffering with Argyria is proof enough to make you very aware there are risks.

And yes, I said anyone can become anyone on the Net, therefore the individual will have to decide for themselves if I am credible in my concerns. However, I do know what I'm talking about and that is why I too derailed this thread further in speaking about Colloidal Silver. Because it is a matter of being responsible, and for me that entails speaking up when someone claims drinking an ounce of CS a day is good for you. There is plenty of medical evidence that proves that is not always the case. In fact, CS can build up in body tissues and long term exposure means makes for a greater risk in that.

Remember too that the silver in CS is the same kind of silver used in jewelry and dental fillings.

I do know that many people do not know what they are doing when using colloidal silver.
They do not do the research to get a deep understanding.

The thing is it cannot be patented and it will never be put through clinical trials which I think is a problem for many alternative treatments.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I do know that many people do not know what they are doing when using colloidal silver.
They do not do the research to get a deep understanding.
True. Sadly, people seek measures to return themselves to health when suffering a malady that can have taken years to acquire. And far later that they become aware of due to the onset of acute symptoms that may have been ignored. Now, they're desperate to survive or quash the suffering. Understandable. I would submit, especially so if one has ever witnessed someone they care about suffer chronic illness.

The thing is it cannot be patented and it will never be put through clinical trials which I think is a problem for many alternative treatments.
I'm doing what I said I'd stop doing. Leading this thread further into a different topic.
Colloidal Silver is also referred to as Nanosilver. The difference is only in the size of the silver particles used.

FDA clinical studies nanosilver

Colloidal Silver Research & Clinical Studies
(List Source)
  1. Gibbins, Bruce Ph.D., AcryMed, Inc., Portland, OR April 2000
    Pre-clinical and Clinical Evaluation of a New Silver Anti-Microbial Chronic Wound Dressing “
  2. Nametka, Mary, RN, MSN, CS CWS, WCN, Associates in Wound Care, Kenosha, WI Oct. 2000
    A Hydrophilic Silver Antimicrobial Wound Dressing for Site Preparation and Maintenance of Human Skin Equivalent Grafts to Venus Leg Ulcers: Technical and Clinical Considerations
  3. Nametka, Mary, RN, MSN, CS CWS, WCN , Associates in Wound Care, Kenosha, WI May 2001
  4. Antimicrobial Silver Polymer Contact Layer for Treatment of Venous Leg Ulcers
  5. Nametka, Mary, RN, MSN, CS CWS, WCN , Associates in Wound Care, Kenosha, WI June 2001
    Clinical Protocol for use of Absorbent Silver Antimicrobial Polymer Dressings
  6. Nametka, Mary, RN, MSN, CS CWS, WCN , Associates in Wound Care, Kenosha, WI April 2002
    Silver Antimicrobial Hydrophilic Dressing Benefits Management of Recurrent Non-healing Wounds
  7. Nametka, Mary, RN, MSN, CS CWS, WCN , Associates in Wound Care, Kenosha, WI Sept. 2002
    Silver Antimicrobial Absorbent Wound Dressing Can Contribute to Cost Control in Home Care
  8. Smith, Latisha M.D ., Ostomy Wound Management, Feb. 2003
    Clinical Experience using Silver Antimicrobial Dressings on Venous Stasis Ulcers
  9. Gibbins, Bruce Ph.D., Ostomy Wound Management, Feb. 2003
    The Antimicrobial Benefits of Silver and the relevance of Microlattice Technology
  10. Rose, Susan RN, BSN, CWOCN , Gentiva Health Services, Tuscon, AZ. April 2003
    Importance of Assessment and Wound Bed Preparation in the Treatment of Chronic Wounds
  11. Paz-Altschul, Oscar M.D., FACS , Desert Regional Medical Center, Palm Springs, CA April 2003
    Silver Microlattice Uses in Chronic Wound Care
  12. Tamulonis, Ruth RN, MS, CWOCN , Marshalltown Medical & Surgical Center, Marshalltown, IA April 2003 The Use of a Unique Delivery Method of Ionic Silver: A Case Series
  13. Brandy, J. Christopher, MD, FACS, Caromont Wound Center Gastonia, NC April 2003
    Understanding the Role of Ionic Silver in Wound Bed Preparation
  14. Tamulonis, Ruth RN, MS, CWOCN , Marshalltown Medical & Surgical Center, Marshalltown, IA June 2003 A Paradigm Shift in Wound Management
  15. Trowsdale, Helen RN, BSN and Olveda, Mary RN, BSN A-Plus Family Care, SanAntonio, TX
    Meeting the Challenges for Wounds in Home Care with a Silver Amorphous Hydrogel and Collagen
  16. Agbim, Salome ND CNS APRN BC and Miner, Kimberly ND CNS CWCN Wound Care Associates, Englewood, CO Bioburden Control through the use of Silve Anti-moicrobial Gel on Contaminated Stage IV Pressure Ulcer
  17. McCord, Shannon MS, RN, CPNP, CNS, CCRN, WOCN, and Bookout, Kimberly BSN, RN, CWOCN, and McLane, Kathleen MSN,RN, CPNP, CWCN, COCN, and Helmrath, Michael MD Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, TX June 2004 “Use of Silver Dressing with Neonatal Abdominal Evisceration”
  18. Marjorie Groom, RN, CWOCN, MSHCA, DAPWCA, Memorial Hosptial Belleville, IL April 2005 “Enhancing Venous Leg Ulcer Health with an Ionic Silver Hydrogel”
  19. Barbara Conway Salerno, RN, BSN, CWOCN, Eddy Visiting Nurses, Troy, NY April 2005 “The Use of Controlled-Release Ionic Silver Hydrogel in the Management of Chronic Wounds”
  20. Vickie Shuffitt, PT, Scott Hoskinson, MD and Carol Matsumoto, RN, CWOCN Wound Care Program, Maui Memorial Medical Center, Wailuku, HI “Silver Antimicrobial Hydrogel Eradicates Bioburden and Hastens Discharge for Acute Care Facility”
  21. Gibbins, Bruce PhD and Karandikar, Bhalchandra PhD AcryMed, Inc., Portland, OR July 2005 “Novel Silver Antimicrobial Treatment”
  22. Susan Girolami, BSN, RN, CWOCN Therapy Support, Inc., Cincinnati, OH April 2006 “Combining Ionic Silver Wound Hydrogel and Negative Pressure for Limb Salvage”
  23. Cameron Field, DPM and Kenneth Morgan, DPM HealthOne Alliance Presbyterian/St. Lukes, Denver, CO April 2006 “External Fixation Pin Care Protocol Utilizing Ionic Silver Site Dressings”
  24. Mary Webb, RN, BSN, MA, CIC San Mateo Medical Center, San Mateo, CA April 2006 “Use of Ionic Silver and Collagen to Reduce Bioburden and Promote Healing for Improved Quality of Life in a Complex Patient”

And just a search engine result with basic search parameters pertaing to CS: interventional clinical study colloidal silver

Dec 12, 2013

hahahahhahahhaahaahahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahhahahaahhahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahha the condition you cut and pasted above comes from SILVER NITRATE.....NOT collodial silver..........geesh......and my skin looks just fine after 10 years of using it and guess what.....only sick 2 times in 10 years and both times I was crammed in a car, in winter with three other sick people running fevers.........it is not difficult to make and the above is BS.....you cannot contaminate that which KILLS OVER 500 pathogens in less than 5 minutes....hilarious......boiling distilled water, sea salt, 2 troy oz silver dollars, 2 paper clips, split cord from charger for a drill, 2 alligator clips and 20 min makes 168 days worth at 1 oz a day!

Dec 12, 2013
Play station can red x truth all day long and it will not change

a. The truth of what I post
b. The fact you do not have the truth
c. The fact you devalue Jesus and make the bible into a lie by your rejection and skewed truth that you post

and I can play that game as well....

Dec 12, 2013
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. (Isa 1:18)

Our sins are washed away, and we become right with God.

But that is not to say we have GODS righteousness.
ROMANS proves you wrong...

Abraham described the blessedness of the man to whom God IMPUTES RIGHTEOUSNESS WITHOUT the deeds of the law.

The righteousness of Christ genius!!!!

You constantly devalue Jesus and what God does on our behalf....the proof is in the pudding pal and the pudding you peddle reeks of error!