Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Additionally don't feel pushed into it. I enjoy friendly debates with people who can challenge the way I think. But you're by no means obligated.
I don't mind debates either, even heated debates, but a few things which I cannot stand and that brings out Marine in me and also the Spiritual Marine in me are the following things which MANY Cainologists, salvation losers and workers for do....

a. When they embellish, twist, or change what we or the bible states
b. When they falsely accuse us of a live as we please and or sin as we like dogma like the Pharisees did to Paul
c. When they oppose the promises, power, work, of Christ and his blood by interjecting self into the equation concerning salvation
d. Whey they flat lie or misrepresent what we say and or stand for
e. When they deny that Jesus begins, finishes and completes the work of faith in US by saying WE MUST maintain it......

and a few other things.......

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
I don't mind debates either, even heated debates, but a few things which I cannot stand and that brings out Marine in me and also the Spiritual Marine in me are the following things which MANY Cainologists, salvation losers and workers for do....

a. When they embellish, twist, or change what we or the bible states
b. When they falsely accuse us of a live as we please and or sin as we like dogma like the Pharisees did to Paul
c. When they oppose the promises, power, work, of Christ and his blood by interjecting self into the equation concerning salvation
d. Whey they flat lie or misrepresent what we say and or stand for
e. When they deny that Jesus begins, finishes and completes the work of faith in US by saying WE MUST maintain it......

and a few other things.......
I'm certainly in agreement.

Feb 1, 2020
Read the thread, get your facts straight then open your mouth.....!!!
You sound like a dictator, not even mowing that your persecuting the body of Christ. It appears that God does not need another Saul (controlled by desire) to be turned into Paul, you ma have to stay as you are to prepare those who will be persecuted for the faith to learn to percevere and continue in Love, not to take ofence. "It's nesesary that ofences will come but Wo to him by whom they come." The day that I wanted to beat you up, I did not even know why, until after I replied to you and read that you were saying the same thing as the people your persecuting. Replying about going on to perfection. I wondered whether to pray that you would have a near death experience to change your heart. Something I would like to experience but the Lord told me that Im not ready. So concluded I should not pray for something your not ready, and understand that having been under dictators in the military that the abused becomes the abuser until there is forgiveness. I was in the military as well.
No need to reply to someone who is banned. I also needed get on with my life. Since I have a Ife now.

Dec 12, 2013
You sound like a dictator, not even mowing that your persecuting the body of Christ. It appears that God does not need another Saul (controlled by desire) to be turned into Paul, you ma have to stay as you are to prepare those who will be persecuted for the faith to learn to percevere and continue in Love, not to take ofence. "It's nesesary that ofences will come but Wo to him by whom they come." The day that I wanted to beat you up, I did not even know why, until after I replied to you and read that you were saying the same thing as the people your persecuting. Replying about going on to perfection. I wondered whether to pray that you would have a near death experience to change your heart. Something I would like to experience but the Lord told me that Im not ready. So concluded I should not pray for something your not ready, and understand that having been under dictators in the military that the abused becomes the abuser until there is forgiveness. I was in the military as well.
No need to reply to someone who is banned. I also needed get on with my life. Since I have a Ife now.
So the legalist is back after being banned......ok whine bag........

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I'm not about to insult your testimony. And I never implied a man could be saved with only knowledge. But to cut it out entirely and view it as not a part of the whole is equally as foolish. The Heidelberg catechism is not the Bible, it's a tool to teach children to read and understand the Bible. If we as Christians leave obstructed the roads that we have cleared from confusion for those who follow after us, what have we truly learned? The reformed catechism is similar to a diary, or a roadmap of those roads we have cleared. It isn't a guarantee of salvation.

The POINT, at one period in my late teenage years, I could quote the Lutheran Catechism almost from Memory. IT NEVER DID SAVE ME, IT ONLY BROUGHT A FALSE ASSUMPTION THAT I WAS SAVED, WHEN I CERTAINLY WAS NOT. It did more harm than good, in my experience. Soon after I was REALLY SAVED, I got tired of 10 minute sermons, and sought out evangelical style of services where they actually TEACH the BIBLE for an hour, and the rest of the service only gets 30 - 40 minutes.

Dec 12, 2013
It is hilariously sad, tragic and really speaks bad to one's character.....when a banned member that has publicly threatened to beat up another member of this site has to come back just to get ONE last dig and mouth a bit........

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
The POINT, at one period in my late teenage years, I could quote the Lutheran Catechism almost from Memory. IT NEVER DID SAVE ME, IT ONLY BROUGHT A FALSE ASSUMPTION THAT I WAS SAVED, WHEN I CERTAINLY WAS NOT. It did more harm than good, in my experience. Soon after I was REALLY SAVED, I got tired of 10 minute sermons, and sought out evangelical style of services where they actually TEACH the BIBLE for an hour, and the rest of the service only gets 30 - 40 minutes.
I have contentions with your extra biblical Revelation testimony, but since I've neither voiced them nor offered them, your statement has nothing to contribute against what I said to you. So I'm not sure at all what "point" you're trying to make. That you're so close to God you never had to learn anything, you just automatically came to an understanding of the Bible? That learning the Bible in any sort of context, by any kind of means is completely unnecessary? As long as you have faith, knowledge of biblical truth can be tossed?

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
I have contentions with your extra biblical Revelation testimony, but since I've neither voiced them nor offered them, your statement has nothing to contribute against what I said to you. So I'm not sure at all what "point" you're trying to make. That you're so close to God you never had to learn anything, you just automatically came to an understanding of the Bible? That learning the Bible in any sort of context, by any kind of means is completely unnecessary? As long as you have faith, knowledge of biblical truth can be tossed?
addendum, unless those are your points @VCO aren't actually arguing with me on my views of biblical education.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
WOW, IS THERE ANY NEW POSTERS OUT THERE THAT ARE OSAS BELIEVERS. Seems like all we get is New People who want to disagree with us.

Dec 12, 2013
WOW, IS THERE ANY NEW POSTERS OUT THERE THAT ARE OSAS BELIEVERS. Seems like all we get is New People who want to disagree with us.
There are a few for sure......but we all know as we march toward the end of the age more and more people will despise the truth, hate the truth, satanically inspired twist the truth and have no love for the truth.......Satan knows his time is short....and he wants to take as many as he can with him....the best way is to fill churches, christian chat sites, working places etc. with those that deceive, twist and or embellish the word of GOD......a skewed message has no power!

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
Before I go on, are you insinuating that I don't believe in the perseverance of the saints? Calvinists usually end up dropping the first two letters this day and age. So I don't say "once saved" it implies a moment in time "before God loved me"which there isn't. My BIBLICAL KNOWLEDGE taught me that.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
addendum, unless those are your points @VCO aren't actually arguing with me on my views of biblical education.

You getting very close to a negative spirit of divisiveness. It is only fair that I interpret that I am responsible to use this example to know when GOD expects me to put them on my Permanent IGNORE LIST:

Titus 3:9-11 (HCSB)
9 But avoid foolish debates, genealogies, quarrels, and disputes about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless.
10 Reject a divisive person after a first and second warning,
11 knowing that such a person is perverted and sins, being self-condemned.

E

EleventhHour

You once called me an "immature babe" meaning I was spiritually immature

....yet this post manifests a desire to vindicate yourself and lash out against @dcontroversal in a vindicate manner who defended the Gospel against your erroneous beliefs.