Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
Not if you preface it with ...."this is what the evidence is telling us, and what I have learned, but you should always do your own research so you can support your view with understanding and facts."

Indoctrination is about the person accepting and believing what they have been told... everyone is responsible for what they choose to accept and what they do not.
I suppose I must concede, here. I am somewhat thwarted, due to the definition.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
If we go to high school, attend a science course, they will teach you evolution. If you try to question it, you will be laughed out. Can you safely be taught without question, the tenants of evolution, without being forced to agree with them?
I apologize for interfering in your conversation but I must share what I once read.

Regarding evolution, why would anything want to evolve into a worm? Case closed.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I keep wondering why it is so hard to answer this question.....since is former moniker "Ralph" states "guest"

Something to hide or hiding from someone? :unsure:
I agree...
It seems to be the ONLY question he will not answer :unsure:...
...xox...

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I did openly disagree with evolution but was also in unbelief at that age.😅 (i would bounce between my own theories and being agnostic unless i thought claiming christianity would help my cause at the time)

Didn't make it out of middleschool and started working young.

I think you can be shown what someone else believes, understand it but reject it as well.

You can start every answer with "Supposedly"🤣

Not if you preface it with ...."this is what the evidence is telling us, and what I have learned, but you should always do your own research so you can support your view with understanding and facts."

Indoctrination is about the person accepting and believing what they have been told... everyone is responsible for what they choose to accept and what they do not.

Yes I suspect this person is a deceiver, and the first person he deceived, was himself.

2 Timothy 3:13 (NJB)
13 while these wicked impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving others, and themselves deceived.

Notice, he did not even try to explain those Born Again questions I asked.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Yes I suspect this person is a deceiver, and the first person he deceived, was himself.

2 Timothy 3:13 (NJB)
13 while these wicked impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving others, and themselves deceived.

Notice, he did not even try to explain those Born Again questions I asked.

Brother, I think this man is at work and very busy.. ( I am as well) and only has replied short answers since his lunch break.

If I can be a character witness, I believe he has shown to be honest and when he initially disagreed on semantics, he accepted the modern definition was slightly different than what he had thought it to be.

I love you bro and respect you as my elder brother in Christ but would suggest to give it some time and continue the conversation.

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
Brother, I think this man is at work and very busy.. ( I am as well) and only has replied short answers since his lunch break.

If I can be a character witness, I believe he has shown to be honest and when he initially disagreed on semantics, he accepted the modern definition was slightly different than what he had thought it to be.

I love you bro and respect you as my elder brother in Christ but would suggest to give it some time and continue the conversation.
I appreciate your defense, and I am not trying to be rude with our brother, but the truth is, once I say "you're not listening/hearing me," so many times, in so many different ways, there is no longer anything positive I can add to the conversation.

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
I apologize for interfering in your conversation but I must share what I once read.

Regarding evolution, why would anything want to evolve into a worm? Case closed.
My father-in-law has a ministry with a major focus on the historical authenticity of Genesis. Some of the most amazing information has come from his devotion to this ministry. A lot of good scientists working on this too.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
My father-in-law has a ministry with a major focus on the historical authenticity of Genesis. Some of the most amazing information has come from his devotion to this ministry. A lot of good scientists working on this too.

Tell us More?

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
I did openly disagree with evolution but was also in unbelief at that age.😅 (i would bounce between my own theories and being agnostic unless i thought claiming christianity would help my cause at the time)

Didn't make it out of middleschool and started working young.

I think you can be shown what someone else believes, understand it but reject it as well.

You can start every answer with "Supposedly"🤣
At least you aren't saying "supposably"....

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
Hesitantly allowing this. What would you like to know? I have a vague understanding of some of the scientific stuff, nothing I could stand toe to toe with Nye on, but it's still substantial. Or would you like source material?

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
I appreciate your defense, and I am not trying to be rude with our brother, but the truth is, once I say "you're not listening/hearing me," so many times, in so many different ways, there is no longer anything positive I can add to the conversation.
I have clashed with everyone here... unfortunately for them... my head was probably the hardest....

But God is great and used many here including vco to deliver me from a false doctrine I had believed.... (sinless perfection - revolving door salvation) and softened my heart...

I am just grateful for all those here who give God the glory and credit for our salvation and hope and wisdom and any good thing....

You to me, despite just recently meeting strike me as someone who also when faced with judgement wouldn't point to "many wonderful works" but Jesus as your only hope...

Vco is the same😁

I wouldn't judge ya for not wanting a back and forth after a clash.

Dec 12, 2013
I

the work of God we believe

believe is not a work or condition one can do to earn salvation

it is just receiving the gift God offers through his work.
Not sure what your point is to me....everything I said was correct and biblical...point being that NO one is saved without believing and that salvation is conditional upon belief into the work of Christ....and You know i have said 100 times that the work of the Father is to believe on the SON.....not sure why you said what you said to me....

Dec 12, 2013
I don't want to call anybody out here, but I know of two that are the same. I'm not mad, they can't help who they remember. I don't feel it's a personal attack, I'm just a sentimentalist.
I may slightly remember your face, but not sure if we have engaged each other since I have been here which is 6 years and a few months.....and for sure no offence meant if we have engaged each other and I don't remember you HAHA....I have so much on my plate and travel to AU and back to the US about 5 times a year, plus engage so many people world wide that I lose track HAHA

Dec 12, 2013
He seems to believe that we are "initially" saved through faith in Christ, but after that, it's up to US to do the rest, as if "remaining saved" is accomplished through a self preservation maintenance program.
That is exactly the drivel he peddles.....and it is false and = a self saving works based false salvation

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
I may slightly remember your face, but not sure if we have engaged each other since I have been here which is 6 years and a few months.....and for sure no offence meant if we have engaged each other and I don't remember you HAHA....I have so much on my plate and travel to AU and back to the US about 5 times a year, plus engage so many people world wide that I lose track HAHA
Can't say we have engaged. I'm relatively new to the forums, spent a lot of my time in chat.