Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EleventhHour

For one that claims to know the truth he sure seems to either reject the truth or is oblivious to many scriptures that support what I am saying.....Jesus told us all we are appointed to tribulation and through much tribulation we must enter the kingdom....yet most that name JESUS deny the last 6000 years of history and how MOST believers suffered some sort of persecution, tribulation or were killed for the sake of the truth......I might as well be arguing with a fence post made of lead.....!!
After today, I vote in favour of rejecting truth.

As well, we all know the cognitive ability of lead.

R

Reba1

I dont know who said it earlier , it may of been John with the numbers attached to his name , but he said he only reads the bible and does not take notice of men , well I used to think like that , but we all need training from preachers , men of God , to help in our growth , not from false preachers like some I could mention on here , but from sound biblical men like yourself and other fine godly men on here , and a few of my sisters who have taught me a thing or two...
Yet who ever the above guy is, he is asking others to read his works and take notice of him..

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Can any of you post scripture where the term twelve tribes mean anything other than the whole nation of Israel? Thanks.
James letter is to the Jews who were scattered , they were from each tribe , they were believers , that is why they scattered because of persecution , not all Jews are believers , but those who scattered were , from the twelve tribes...

Dec 12, 2013
The context of James tells me otherwise.
He has reached the same level as Ralph, Fran, Judges, SeaPerch, Stillness etc........not even worth arguing with when he is so willing to deny and sweep under the table clauses and phrases that identify who James is addressing............

John146

Jan 13, 2016
ANYONE worth their salt CAN deduce WHO he is talking to by the following two phrases

The trial of YOUR FAITH-a
and NOT to have THE FAITH-b OF JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD with partiality

FROM FAITH-a to FAITH-b it is written, the JUST shall live by FAITH <-----show me the word WORKS in that phrase!!
You quote Paul. Of course that’s to the body of Christ. As I stated earlier concerning the tribulation saints. They must keep the faith of Christ and commandments. Remember Revelation 14:12 in which you have not searched your commentary yet.

Dec 12, 2013
James letter is to the Jews who were scattered , they were from each tribe , they were believers , that is why they scattered because of persecution , not all Jews are believers , but those who scattered were , from the twelve tribes...
See....even ROSE grasps this truth..............how hard is it to grasp the fact that he identifies who he is addressing by the following phrases....

FROM FAITH-a to FAITH-b it is written, the JUST shall live by FAITH <-----show me the word WORKS in that phrase!!

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Not from each tribe, but the twelve tribes. That’s all Jews from the nation of Israel, not just Jewish believers.

Jan 12, 2019
Notice in Genesis 15 Abraham was yet a Gentile, thus at this point, Abraham can be used as type of believer under grace. By the time we get to chapter 22 Abraham has been circumcised, thus he can be used as a type of Jew who is justified by works after the age of grace.
True, this is how I understand the confusing genesis 15 and 17. Both are promises that he will have many descendants and his descendants will possess the land of Canaan.

Yet one is unconditional and the other is conditional requiring Abraham to circumcise himself.

We can think of Abraham being a father to both gentiles, which is chapter 15, and Jews which is chapter 17

E

EleventhHour

He has reached the same level as Ralph, Fran, Judges, SeaPerch, Stillness etc........not even worth arguing with when he is so willing to deny and sweep under the table clauses and phrases that identify who James is addressing............
Seems like a dead end for sure.

Several people pretty much stating the exact thing today, that is no coincidence
It is truth via the Holy Spirit.

Dec 12, 2013
You quote Paul. Of course that’s to the body of Christ. As I stated earlier concerning the tribulation saints. They must keep the faith of Christ and commandments. Remember Revelation 14:12 in which you have not searched your commentary yet.
I already told you I don't use or consult commentaries.....and the fact you are accusing me of lying makes who your father exactly? And I have covered the 144,000 on this site more than once pal.......

John146

Jan 13, 2016
See....even ROSE grasps this truth..............how hard is it to grasp the fact that he identifies who he is addressing by the following phrases....

Any answer to James 5 yet? Are the sick healed every time in this age?

Dec 12, 2013
Seems like a dead end for sure.

Several people pretty much stating the exact thing today, that is no coincidence
It is truth via the Holy Spirit.
AMEN....and now he is peddling a second gospel of faith/works blend for the JEWS during the tribulation.......this speak volumes!

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Not from each tribe, but the twelve tribes. That’s all Jews from the nation of Israel, not just Jewish believers.
You could take some time out and get alone with God and study James...
Pray before you start to read and ask the Holy Spirit to help you , because if you stay in your mindset , you will not mature...

I have been where you are before on certain Scriptures , and I realised I had to humble myself before God so He could conform my mind to His Word and help me remove my mindset...

You are really wrong about the book of James , I pray that God will open your eyes...

In Jesus name Amen...

John146

Jan 13, 2016
AMEN....and now he is peddling a second gospel of faith/works blend for the JEWS during the tribulation.......this speak volumes!
I wonder why James brings up Elijah? Hmmmmmm? Maybe because he will return in the tribulation and cause it not to rain for 3 1/2 years? Just a coincidence, I’m sure.

17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.
18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

Hmmmmmm?

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

Revelation 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
E

EleventhHour

Makes no sense

"The Gospel, a limited time edition get yours before the great tribulation"

Shaking my head

John146

Jan 13, 2016
You could take some time out and get alone with God and study James...
Pray before you start to read and ask the Holy Spirit to help you , because if you stay in your mindset , you will not mature...

I have been where you are before on certain Scriptures , and I realised I had to humble myself before God so He could conform my mind to His Word and help me remove my mindset...

You are really wrong about the book of James , I pray that God will open your eyes...

In Jesus name Amen...
Thank you for your concern. I mean that.

E

EleventhHour

Really...
I thought he was talking about John who puts his own thinking out there and expects us to listen to him , after all , @dcontroversal is not about works...

Now I am confused lol...xox...
You responded to @dcontroversal ...he was the guy above.

It was "read his works" as well.

Interesting she did not have the nerve to use a name.

If I am wrong I will apologize but I doubt it.