Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 16, 2019
AT Robertson is a well respected Greek scholar. Why should I listen to you over him?
Do you really believe that the 'Perfect Tense' means by pure definition that person is hardened in that action?
That part is obviously his added interpretation.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
1 Peter 1:9 (KJV) - Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Should we change that to "Christ's faith?" :unsure:
Are you justified by your faith or the faith of Jesus Christ? My puny faith could never justify. It's about Christ's faith.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Do you live by your faith or the faith of Jesus Christ? My puny faith could never make me alive. It's about Christ's faith.

verse 20:I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Are you justified by your faith or the faith of Jesus Christ? My puny faith could never justify. It's about Christ's faith.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Do you live by your faith or the faith of Jesus Christ? My puny faith could never make me alive. It's about Christ's faith.

verse 20: I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
So you ignore YOUR faith in 1 Peter 1:9 for the sake of your doctrine. Got it. It's not about how big or small our faith is, but the OBJECT of our faith (which is Jesus Christ) and Christ does not place faith in Himself for us. We place our faith in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Galatians 2:16 - knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Verse 20 - I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
So you ignore YOUR faith in 1 Peter 1:9 for the sake of your doctrine. Got it. It's not about how big or small our faith is, but the OBJECT of our faith (which is Jesus Christ) and Christ does not place faith in Himself for us. We place our faith in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Galatians 2:16 - knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Verse 20 - I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
You should get a new Bible, the KJV. The KJV is about the faith of Jesus Christ. His faith never waivers and is always faithful. Can you say that about your faith?

Btw, you know I'm a dispensatinalist. I believe, after Paul's writings, are letters concerning the last days for the Jews.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
You should get a new Bible, the KJV. The KJV is about the faith of Jesus Christ. His faith never waivers and is always faithful. Can you say that about your faith?

Btw, you know I'm a dispensatinalist. I believe, after Paul's writings, are letters concerning the last days for the Jews.
I figured this was a KJV only thing. There are different kinds of dispensationalists, including hyper dispensationalists. My faith has not wavered in regards to trusting in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of my salvation since I originally placed my faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation. I don't go back and forth wondering if Christ alone is sufficient to save me or does it take Christ + works.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
There are FOUR main things about GOD's TRUE NATURE that will help you to sort out TRUTH from Fiction.
So are these four things about God's true nature based upon the doctrine of Christ or the scriptures?

While I would agree that that those things you listed would constitute the attributes of God but his nature is eternal.

The eternal is defined by the doctrine of Christ as having always existed, being without beginning and does not change in its nature nor its form. These being the two immutable things in which it is impossible for God to lie as referred unto in Hebrews 6:18 whereby we can be strong confidence in the hope set out before us. Thus, the eternal having always existed, and does not change in his nature or form, gives hope that the eternal will always exist.

However, I noticed that you say that God occupies all space at all time yet at the same time state that God is outside of time. So you do agree that time commenced in the beginning with the expanse of space being created, time did not exist before the emergence of space but began as space emerged into existence.

Thus, to say God occupies all space at all time infers that all space has existed at all times since God could only occupy at space at the same time if space has always existed. While the doctrine of the eternal universe is an interesting philosophy to examine, yet it is loaded with fiction which like the other doctrines of men is based upon truths founded upon beliefs rather than principles.

However, a person can't teach himself how to read the words of the Book without a teacher, neither can he teach himself how to read the Book of words unless he is taught by the same teacher, and unless the Holy Ghost teaches both then the Spirit of truth is teacher of neither.

So my comment, or question if you will is whether you think the eternal universe contradicts Genesis 1:1 which represents that the universe had a beginning?

John146

Jan 13, 2016
I figured this was a KJV only thing. There are different kinds of dispensationalists, including hyper dispensationalists. My faith has not wavered in regards to trusting in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of my salvation since I originally placed my faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation. I don't go back and forth wondering if Christ alone is sufficient to save me or does it take Christ + works.
To be honest, I have. I got saved when I was seven years old. I've had very bad patches in my life. I must have prayed for the Lord to save my soul hundreds of times because of my lack of faith. Circumstances in life can do that, especially to a babe in Christ.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
Are you sure .. I think is it was PenelopeSpewsMalarky :D

"Marlaky" as in losable salvation ... which isn't even salvation by the way.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matt 7:22-23

Humm, they obviously believed in God and yet they get cast out.

E

EleventhHour

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matt 7:22-23

Did they really believe in God or themselves?

E

EleventhHour

I would agree, I believed that Jesus was ALL- sufficient, never once after that did I believe works were necessary to keep my salvation secure.

We trust in Him for eternal life, that is what He offers and that is what we receive.

If one is wavering thinking works are part of the equation, then they have not understood the Gospel, which is more than obvious on this thread.

E

EleventhHour

Since they believed in themselves they had nothing to loose, because they never had it to begin with.