Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

When God went down by himself, he in effect told abraham that everything promised to him and his descendents were given unconditionally and were his and his descendents forever

as apposed to a duel covenant, where both abraham and God would walk, and God promised to do this thing IF abraham promised to to do that,

that would have made it a conditional covenant, meaning any time one part broke the agreement, the agreement was null and void, the other party was no longer bound to keep his promise

E

eternally-gratefull

Oh, I'm not sure I want to be tied into that pretzel just yet.
Sometimes it’s better to Boone on one, that way you do not get all the differing views and infighting

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
When God went down by himself, he in effect told abraham that everything promised to him and his descendents were given unconditionally and were his and his descendents forever

as apposed to a duel covenant, where both abraham and God would walk, and God promised to do this thing IF abraham promised to to do that,

that would have made it a conditional covenant, meaning any time one part broke the agreement, the agreement was null and void, the other party was no longer bound to keep his promise
Which would make asserting the validity of the covenant of law make sense. But Abraham didn't walk through it, so making that assertion doesn't make sense.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Mark 5:36 Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.”

Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

E

EleventhHour

Jesus was clear.....HE NEVER knew them....they were NEVER saved and then lost it and i can tell you exactly why they did not make the cut...

They peddle a faith PLUS works for salvation....a false gospel which has no power to save!!
Agree they were not saved, I hope I did not imply they were.
People who promote faith plus works trust themselves.
Jesus tells us to do the opposite.

E

eternally-gratefull

Which would make asserting the validity of the covenant of law make sense. But Abraham didn't walk through it, so making that assertion doesn't make sense.
What does the covenant of law have to do with it? just asking

also note, the covenant of law was a conditional covenant. If the same thing happened, God and moses would have walked down,

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
What does the covenant of law have to do with it? just asking

also note, the covenant of law was a conditional covenant. If the same thing happened, God and moses would have walked down,
Sorry, I got overwhelmed with distractions and continued posting.... Not the best practice. I'll try and clarify later.

E

eternally-gratefull

I keep in touch with him as well as Sirk. Both good dudes serving the Lord with honor and distinction. I’ll let them know you’re doing well.
You keep in tough with Utah? We were about to do a romans 9 study when he got banned. His banning was hard on me, such a dear brother, tell him I said hey

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
They were obviously NEVER saved to begin with unless you think Jesus was lying when he said he NEVER KNEW THEM.....
Apparently you know, if they obviously were never saved to begin with, since it is written in John 6:64
For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. And he said,
Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
So when they come to him and say Lord, Lord and say we did what we thought you asked of us he responds, he will profess (speak) unto them, I never knew you.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matt 7:22-23
By seeing they see not, and by hearing they hear not lest they be converted and their sins forgiven.
And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? Luke 6:46
And what do you think Jesus was lying about if he is omniscient? Or do you think he doesnt' have the power to save?
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. John 5:25
So they obviously weren't saved. Phuuuh

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
You keep in tough with Utah? We were about to do a romans 9 study when he got banned. His banning was hard on me, such a dear brother, tell him I said hey
There are a number of people I found out were banned, and I was quite surprised by it. Made me a little sad. There are a lot of faces I miss from this site, it brings me close to tears sometimes.

E

EleventhHour

Jesus was clear.....HE NEVER knew them....they were NEVER saved and then lost it and i can tell you exactly why they did not make the cut...

They peddle a faith PLUS works for salvation....a false gospel which has no power to save!!
Is there something I stated that sounded ambiguous on this.....just curious?

E

eternally-gratefull

There are a number of people I found out were banned, and I was quite surprised by it. Made me a little sad. There are a lot of faces I miss from this site, it brings me close to tears sometimes.
You and me both

Nov 16, 2019
Faith has substance. Faith has evidence. We are justified by the faith of Christ. Where's the evidence of Christ's faith? Look no further to His perfect obedience even unto death, the death of the cross. Christ's faith is imputed to the believer in the gospel.

Your individual faith is how you live out your life according to God's word. The evidence of your faith is through your obedience.

All believers have the faith of Christ. But all believers do not live out their individual faith the same way. It has to do with our standing in Christ vs our walk with Christ.
I don't know exactly what you're driving at, but I trust in Christ for salvation.
And I'm pretty sure I'm the one doing the trusting.
But surely, the faith--the assurance that what I can't see really is true--that I needed in order to know the gospel was even true to begin with, that part comes solely from God through the testimony of the Holy Spirit. But the actual trusting part, I do that. With lots of encouragement from God, of course.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
I don't know exactly what you're driving at, but I trust in Christ for salvation.
And I'm pretty sure I'm the one doing the trusting.
But surely, the faith--the assurance that what I can't see really is true--that I needed in order to know the gospel was even true to begin with, that part comes solely from God through the testimony of the Holy Spirit. But the actual trusting part, I do that. With lots of encouragement from God, of course.
Yes, we believe/trust the gospel and the faith of Christ imputed to us does the rest.