Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
www.youtube.com
You have peace.... is this the comedy hour or something!!!

Only secure in Jesus brings peace.
Those who come in our home feel His presence immediately. Yes, we have shalom: peace, prosperity, health, happiness, security, well-being. Hiding behind your keyboard you are clueless. Those around us feel His peace.

I rise early and cry for help since I have put my hope in His Word. He cleansed my heart and He has become my Lord, baptizing me with His Spirit. As His sheep, I hear His voice. Yes, I have peace. He is good and He is Lord.

Pray continually. I will extol the Lord at all times. Meditate on His Word day and night - don't let it depart from your mouth. If you really have faith, He can do it through you and you won't feel so empty.

E

EleventhHour

Don't buy in to the bait of an accuser.🤦‍♂️

You were spot on, people like that like to try and manipulate the situation to help them appear elevated either morally or intellectually..

There is no peace aside from ignorance in those who trust in their walk opposed to Christs.
Agree he misconstrued what I wrote for his own advantage.... in that he reveals his dishonesty.

His accusation is without merit so I am not in the least troubled by it....

Thank You for using your biblical knowledge to defend what I was actually stating.:)

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Agree he misconstrued what I wrote for his own advantage.... in that he reveals his dishonesty.

His accusation is without merit so I am not in the least troubled by it....

Thank You for using your biblical knowledge to defend what I was actually stating.:)
Anytime sis lol, not that you weren't probably thinking of the same verse...

It is clear as day how weak and powerless the words of those who reject Gods grace are to those who have recieved it by His mercy....

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Those who come in our home feel His presence immediately. Yes, we have shalom: peace, prosperity, health, happiness, security, well-being. Hiding behind your keyboard you are clueless. Those around us feel His peace.

I rise early and cry for help since I have put my hope in His Word. He cleansed my heart and He has become my Lord, baptizing me with His Spirit. As His sheep, I hear His voice. Yes, I have peace. He is good and He is Lord.

Pray continually. I will extol the Lord at all times. Meditate on His Word day and night - don't let it depart from your mouth. If you really have faith, He can do it through you and you won't feel so empty.
You may feelin yourself.

Hope God shows you exactly what He wants you to see and I hope you accept it as truth.

E

EleventhHour

I am not hiding for one thing so another false accusation....but putting that aside....

The workers for salvation are very good at feigning peace.... one just has to scratch a little beneath the surface for reality.

You have yet to pronounce and extol the true plan of salvation...and there is no peace or grace apart from truth.

Nov 16, 2019
These sort are very dangerous. They peddle a false gospel. You trying to encourage against children of God to be useful to God by exposing false doctrine is of your flesh and not God.
Why are they dangerous if God chooses who will be a believer and who will not be one, and those who do believe can't stop believing?

Nov 16, 2019
Unless the Father draws us (John 6:44) and enables us/it has been granted by the Father (John 6:65) we would NEVER come to Christ all by ourselves.
Then why are there fake believers?
Since they can not be saved and were never meant to be saved, how is it that fake believers come to Christ on their own? Why does God enable them to do that (since you say they can only do that as God grants that to them) if it's true that they would never come to Christ on their own?

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
Then why are there fake believers?
Since they can not be saved and were never meant to be saved, how is it that fake believers come to Christ on their own? Why does God enable them to do that (since you say they can only do that as God grants that to them) if it's true that they would never come to Christ on their own?
You're confusing "coming to Christ" with outwardly "saying and doing"

E

EleventhHour

I mean, I realize I'm not an expert on ancient perversions of Christianity, or anything, but that smells like gnosticism....
I missed that he called me "clueless":unsure::)

I rather be "clueless" in Christ than having a false idea or "clue"...... that I can earn my salvation by becoming sinless.

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
www.youtube.com
I mean, I realize I'm not an expert on ancient perversions of Christianity, or anything, but that smells like gnosticism....
Go to the Scripture. Jesus didn't come to start the Christian religion. Stick with "It is written" not what things smell like to you. Doesn't matter.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Why are they dangerous if God chooses who will be a believer and who will not be one, and those who do believe can't stop believing?
False teachers are dangerous because they their nature. They can steal a sapplings joy or comfort. They can also stunt the spiritual growth of sapplings as well. They can waste time which could be better spent. They can falsely accuse and cause divisions. These works salvationists also are self righteous. They will justify sin as "good" all while pointing their stubby fingers at others and trying to provoke. (some more subtle than others)

I don't subscribe to any of your imputed ideas but the fact I am going to heaven, doesn't make eating bacon every day less dangerous either ....

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
False teachers are dangerous because they their nature. They can steal a sapplings joy or comfort. They can also stunt the spiritual growth of sapplings as well. They can waste time which could be better spent. They can falsely accuse and cause divisions. These works salvationists also are self righteous. They will justify sin as "good" all while pointing their stubby fingers at others and trying to provoke. (some more subtle than others)

I don't subscribe to any of your imputed ideas but the fact I am going to heaven, doesn't make eating bacon every day less dangerous either ....
of their nature*

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
My lunches here get shorter and shorter.... Maybe
Go to the Scripture. Jesus didn't come to start the Christian religion. Stick with "It is written" not what things smell like to you. Doesn't matter.
I know you know this already, but in case nobody else did, you're effectively dodging my point so that you don't have to address it directly. "Smells like" was a dry euphemism for "is very closely related to"

Additionally, affirming your statements emphatically convinces us neither that you are right nor religious. No, certainly not.

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
Okay, that leftover text from cancelled posts thing really bothers me. Any way to get rid of that?

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
Okay, that leftover text from cancelled posts thing really bothers me. Any way to get rid of that?
Before you close the screen or click off the page delete everything in the text box then place a couple spaces, worst case scenerio your next post will have a couple spaces.