Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
And yet, if anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight reign on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:26,27

If we have faith, we are to be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry (v.19). We are to care for orphans and widows and are to come out of the world and be separate - to touch no unclean thing (neither with our eyes, nor our ears or ultimately with our hearts) and God has promised, then, to receive us as His children and be our Father. Since we have that promise, we are to purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God; see 1 Cor.6:16-7:1. And I encourage you to never view the Scriptures through the lens of doctrine or personal ideas. Humbly listen.

Many here are slaves to sin by the definition of Jesus and the Scriptures and yet claim a place in Heaven as does their father the devil. With unforgiveness in their hearts, the erroniously claim their own forgiveness. They will go on to do their own will today, wheras, if they were a true child of God, they would be led of the Holy Spirit and rest. There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Yawwwwnnnnnnnnn!!!

Dec 12, 2013
Amen! We obey the Gospel by choosing to believe the Gospel. Romans 10:16 - But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?”

Ephesians 1:13 - In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory. (y)
A study on the word Obey would even alude them and or they would twist it......a worker for, salvation loser or salvation maintainer MUST take the word obey and equate it to servitude.........

Dec 12, 2013
When I grew up in RCC , brought up with nuns for seven yrs , living in a childrens home and had them teach me at school , we were never given a bible to read , no one ever sat down with us and read from the bible...
...xox...
They have been keeping people in ignorance from day one until this very day.....had the scriptures chained to the pulpit and only in Latin at one point through the dark ages.....

Dec 12, 2013
I am not hiding for one thing so another false accusation....but putting that aside....

The workers for salvation are very good at feigning peace.... one just has to scratch a little beneath the surface for reality.

You have yet to pronounce and extol the true plan of salvation...and there is no peace or grace apart from truth.
He will find out one day how wrong he is.......I predict the MANY GROUP that Jesus spoke about......

Dec 12, 2013
Go to the Scripture. Jesus didn't come to start the Christian religion. Stick with "It is written" not what things smell like to you. Doesn't matter.
Almost every time you open your mouth <---Better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and be known as one!!

Your incessant rejection of truth and insertion of your self anti-truth apologetics is rather distrubing.......

Your name is a farce as well.....Jesus began his church and promises the perpetuity of HIS CHURCH and needs no religous street organ player such as yourself to rebuild anything.....

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
www.youtube.com
Almost every time you open your mouth <---Better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and be known as one!!

Your incessant rejection of truth and insertion of your self anti-truth apologetics is rather distrubing.......

Your name is a farce as well.....Jesus began his church and promises the perpetuity of HIS CHURCH and needs no religous street organ player such as yourself to rebuild anything.....
Never can directly come from the Word of God about what I am saying from it. Very telling. I can see right through you. Easy.

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
www.youtube.com

Regarding Rebuild Jesus’ Church, what a sad spiritually deprived state - which is why you have no love - you live in if when you read Isaiah through Malachi and it does not read like the morning newspaper. How clearly the glory departed! How obvious that God’s people are in captivity, led there by their shepherds. The modern church clearly has repeated King Saul’s errors. But the church will not go out weaker than it entered this age. He will come to us as the rain.

Nov 16, 2019
You're confusing "coming to Christ" with outwardly "saying and doing"
Serious question:
In the Parable of the Sower, did the 2nd type of soil person come to Christ on his own, or was he drawn by the Father?

"13 Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away." - Luke 8:13

44“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them" - John 6:44

I say he was drawn by the Father because I agree with those who say the natural man will never be interested in the gospel.
Only by the drawing of the Father does any natural person have even a passing interest in the gospel.

Nov 16, 2019
False teachers are dangerous because they their nature. They can steal a sapplings joy or comfort. They can also stunt the spiritual growth of sapplings as well. They can waste time which could be better spent. They can falsely accuse and cause divisions. These works salvationists also are self righteous. They will justify sin as "good" all while pointing their stubby fingers at others and trying to provoke. (some more subtle than others)

I don't subscribe to any of your imputed ideas but the fact I am going to heaven, doesn't make eating bacon every day less dangerous either ....
For a new believer, yes, I agree that someone who says works literally earn salvation can cause distress to a believer who doesn't know better yet. But I was talking in regard to salvation itself. People who subscribe to the Reformed view of salvation should never express any concern about unbelieving works salvationists leading believers astray. Because in that doctrine that can't happen. I remember the guy who does the Wretched videos on YouTube getting his undies all in a bunch about some false doctrine leading people astray and wondering why since he is a hard core Reformist. And I mean hard core. Haaaaaard core. And I see this a lot; Reformists who don't seem to believe their own doctrine.

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
www.youtube.com
You might have quoted scripture once....

... accidentally.
Whoever you are, my post this morning was:

"And yet, if anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight reign on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:26,27

If we have faith, we are to be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry (v.19). We are to care for orphans and widows and are to come out of the world and be separate - to touch no unclean thing (neither with our eyes, nor our ears or ultimately with our hearts) and God has promised, then, to receive us as His children and be our Father. Since we have that promise, we are to purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God; see 1 Cor.6:16-7:1. And I encourage you to never view the Scriptures through the lens of doctrine or personal ideas. Humbly listen.

Many here are slaves to sin by the definition of Jesus and the Scriptures and yet claim a place in Heaven as does their father the devil. With unforgiveness in their hearts, the erroneously claim their own forgiveness. They will go on to do their own will today, whereas, if they were a true child of God, they would be led of the Holy Spirit and rest. There is no fear of God before their eyes."

Whoever you are, you either lie or are uniformed.

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
www.youtube.com
Lie much? Due to our prior interactions my opinion of you is extremely low but I had no idea you were this bad off. Not much need to address you in the future either.

But my post this morning in response to the original post was:

"And yet, if anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight reign on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:26,27

Many here are slaves to sin by the definition of Jesus and the Scriptures and yet claim a place in Heaven as does their father the devil. With unforgiveness in their hearts, the erroneously claim their own forgiveness. They will go on to do their own will today, whereas, if they were a true child of God, they would be led of the Holy Spirit and rest. There is no fear of God before their eyes."

As per usual, as you know, lots of Scripture. Shalom out.

E

EleventhHour

Due to our prior interactions my opinion of you is extremely low but I had no idea you were this bad off.
I have the imputed righteousness of Jesus which I received by grace through faith apart from works as a gift.

Since I am so bad off .....are you telling me your righteousness is superior to that of Jesus?

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Has anybody had problems getting on the GOOGLE CHROME sit, besides me ? ? ?

I think a competitor, is blocking their site.