Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
Yet here you are Mocking him to get the last word

Shame! you don’t practice what you preach
It reads like an internet gamer trash talking his opponents. Right or wrong, his certainly isn't the behavior of a Christian. Thank you for your advocacy on our brother' behalf.

E

eternally-gratefull

It reads like an internet gamer trash talking his opponents. Right or wrong, his certainly isn't the behavior of a Christian. Thank you for your advocacy on our brother' behalf.
It bothers me deeply when people demand others do what they refuse to do themselves the pride not only gives them a bad name but our Father a bad name

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Who are we to decide if someone is saved or not? Who are we to decide if one is doing enough or not enough works for our Lord? Who are we ... period?

In the grand scheme of the universe we are but a tiny, tiny, tiny dot.

Anything we were, are, ever hope to be is up to our yielding to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

God decides if we are "saved." God decides what we can/will be.

God is in charge..... period.

Praise be to God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

We creatures here below are here because God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
How do we know if we have eternal life?

Romans 10:13 “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

1 John 5:13
New International Version
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

King James Bible
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

John 10:28-30
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

These are just "some" passages which confirm eternal life.

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
It bothers me deeply when people demand others do what they refuse to do themselves the pride not only gives them a bad name but our Father a bad name
I have a very bad habit of getting worked up online. I get irritated, I miss things, I overreact. I'm certain we can all say the same. I'm just glad that there are those who, while maybe not making the same level of mistakes, are understanding and forgiving.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
I have a very bad habit of getting worked up online. I get irritated, I miss things, I overreact. I'm certain we can all say the same. I'm just glad that there are those who, while maybe not making the same level of mistakes, are understanding and forgiving.
Yaaaa.... me too.🤦‍♂️

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
We humans do not know what's in the heart of another. We don't know what's in the mind of another. If we concentrate on our own heart, mind our lives will be full to the brim. Just saying.

The only time I get riled up is whenever God's Word explaining and showing eternal salvation is questioned. There is one way and one way only.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
I do not profess to be perfect, orderly, etc in my Christian life but one thing I do know, Jesus came to save sinners and I am one of those.

E

eternally-gratefull

Myself also
we also Need to be open when our brothers and sisters earn us. I want to know when i
Am out of line and actin that way

E

eternally-gratefull

Hoping I didn't make it sounds like I thought I was. The anxious confessional OCD me is very concerned....
No it was not you bro. He asked you to judge. I asked him why he thought you had that right or knowledge

E

EleventhHour

Are you prepared to consider the possibility that 7.7 Billion people, including yourself, have been deceived by Satan/Devil with False Religious Worship and that we handful of people have Elohim's/God's True Religion?

This post makes me think you are trolling this thread?

Oct 25, 2018
Who are we to decide if someone is saved or not? Who are we to decide if one is doing enough or not enough works for our Lord? Who are we ... period?

In the grand scheme of the universe we are but a tiny, tiny, tiny dot.

Anything we were, are, ever hope to be is up to our yielding to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

God decides if we are "saved." God decides what we can/will be.

God is in charge..... period.

Praise be to God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

We creatures here below are here because God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Who are we to decide? The Bible explicitly states in 1 Cor. 5 to clean out the old leaven. Why do this? If they don’t oust those who are living contrary to the word of God, this could harm that local church. Then in Matthew 18, the Christ explicitly lays the groundwork for how to handle ppl who act unruly. In both cases, reconciliation is to be strived for. But if the unruly member will not repent and come under authority of the church, oust them.

Without church discipline it will end up in ruin. So, we are to judge the works of the members of our local church.