Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
I absolutely agree
I find this very disturbing truth be told... the allegiance by some on this thread is based on a shared belief of "salvation by grace through faith apart form works" and it is not a gang mentality as keeps being charged.

Again more irony... considering this new allegiance between one who adamantly pushes salvation can be lost and one who holds firm to OSAS.
I know....a supposed believer of eternal security agreeing with and supporting a deceiver that peddles a self maintained salvation.....this speaks MULTITUDES......

Dec 28, 2016
I know....a supposed believer of eternal security agreeing with and supporting a deceiver that peddles a self maintained salvation.....this speaks MULTITUDES......
You've completely misunderstood everything I've stated. So have others, yet to seek a rational discussion with you all is out of the question since each of you remain in attack mode.

I never agreed with @Judges1318 's over all theology: I only agreed with his belief in evidence of conversion, and that he has been misrepresented on occasion. Any rational person can see these things are true.

Dec 12, 2013
You've completely misunderstood everything I've stated. So have others, yet to seek a rational discussion with you all is out of the question since each of you remain in attack mode.

I never agreed with @Judges1318 's over all theology: I only agreed with his belief in evidence of conversion, and that he has been misrepresented on occasion. Any rational person can see these things are true.
The fool you are supporting absolutely
peddles a losable salvation...he clearly by his own words DENIES that Jesus finishes and completes the work of faith in us....HE STATES WE MUST MAINTAIN IT OE WE LOSE SALVATION....he constantly states one thing, then denies it AND LIKE the accusers OF PAUL...constantly accuses those that believe in eternal security of a LIVE AS WE PLEASE AND SIN LIKE THE DEVIL doctrine....make no mistake about it...he is NOT of God....and as far as dialogue....I have tried with you on more than one occasion and you absolutely disagree with anything not hammered on your own anvil...
I put you on ignore after I thought we had made peace behind the scenes when we wrote letters and too be frank....there is no sense in us addressing each other.....I flat disagree with many things you say with your hard and fast rules about works, Calvinsim, and the way you throw insults around about many on this site....I OPENLY ADMIT I get mouthy and use sarcasm, heat and pointed names and I have also openly apologised when I have gotten out of hand....I HAVE NEVER seen you once admit error and or be open to any truth that disagrees with your view and or apologise openly for going off the deep end and mouthing believers in Christ.

Jan 12, 2019

I agree with you that this thread is full of people on full blown attack mode.

They are not seeking to understand, but only to be understood 🤣

Dec 28, 2016
The fool you are supporting absolutely
peddles a losable salvation...he clearly by his own words DENIES that Jesus finishes and completes the work of faith in us....HE STATES WE MUST MAINTAIN IT OE WE LOSE SALVATION....he constantly states one thing, then denies it AND LIKE the accusers OF PAUL...constantly accuses those that believe in eternal security of a LIVE AS WE PLEASE AND SIN LIKE THE DEVIL doctrine....make no mistake about it...he is NOT of God....and as far as dialogue....I have tried with you on more than one occasion and you absolutely disagree with anything not hammered on your own anvil...
I put you on ignore after I thought we had made peace behind the scenes when we wrote letters and too be frank....there is no sense in us addressing each other.....I flat disagree with many things you say with your hard and fast rules about works, Calvinsim, and the way you throw insults around about many on this site....I OPENLY ADMIT I get mouthy and use sarcasm, heat and pointed names and I have also openly apologised when I have gotten out of hand....I HAVE NEVER seen you once admit error and or be open to any truth that disagrees with your view and or apologise openly for going off the deep end and mouthing believers in Christ.
I only agreed with his evidence of conversion post. But to you and others that means I endorse him in everything and must be attacked, ganged up on and ridiculed. It is a convenient out for all of you.

Sadly any of your sides rebuttals are out of context Scriptures, so no, you've offered zero refutation and have shown zero errors on my part. But do provide some actual quotes where you think this happened.

Please go read "The Potters Freedom." You'll see why I make these statements, all of yours and others arguments against the doctrines of grace are Scriptures used out of context. Every single time.

Yes, you are mouthy, very mouthy, in an ungodly manner, multiple times per day, a lifestyle of yours, a lack of the fruit of the spirit, no self control. James says your religion is vain, argue with that scripture, or submit and repent.

Go read the book and get with me.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
I agree with you that this thread is full of people on full blown attack mode.

They are not seeking to understand, but only to be understood 🤣

when were you saved(In your mind/thinking)? I don't mean this in an offensive manner but I wont know what to say or ask until you answer because I don't know how you see your salvation so dont see my question as offensive please.

Jan 12, 2019
when were you saved(In your mind/thinking)? I don't mean this in an offensive manner but I wont know what to say or ask until you answer because I don't know how you see your salvation so dont see my question as offensive please.
1 cor 15:1-4 forms the basis of My salvation

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
1 cor 15:1-4 forms the basis of My salvation

But when that's what I ask. Don feel uncomfortable I myself spent the vast potion of my life and did not know when and was in agony because of it. You quote 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 which is true but when do you think Paul meant?

Jan 12, 2019
But when that's what I ask. Don feel uncomfortable I myself spent the vast potion of my life and did not know when and was in agony because of it. You quote 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 which is true but when do you think Paul meant?
You want to know the exact date is it?

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
You want to know the exact date is it?

Yes, well or the specific event that you see and attribute to the time when you see yourself as becoming saved. I apologize if what I ask seems as if an conundrum but as I stated I spent quite an while in the agony of resolving when. When is an beautiful gift to see unless you are looking for when you were saved.

Jan 12, 2019
Yes, well or the specific event that you see and attribute to the time when you see yourself as becoming saved. I apologize if what I ask seems as if an conundrum but as I stated I spent quite an while in the agony of resolving when. When is an beautiful gift to see unless you are looking for when you were saved.
Salvation took place in the spirit so I didn't see any specific event with my eyes that indicated I am saved.

You may want to get to the point you are trying to make with this, if any.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Salvation took place in the spirit so I didn't see any specific event with my eyes that indicated I am saved.

You may want to get to the point you are trying to make with this, if any.

You were saved exactly where you quoted Paul saying you were but I'm asking how you see that,(when). I think that if I was born in 1926 and this is 2020 then nothing I did in my 96 years saved me. What saved me and when was when Jesus came and was crucified,buried and raised from the dead and saved me.

I see when I look at those around me that some think that they were saved at some point from when they were born until however old they are. This doesn't make sense to me though because if they say that they were saved at the Cross then they either can believe they were saved at the cross or if they don't then they will say when in their life they were saved instead.

Jan 12, 2019
You were saved exactly where you quoted Paul saying you were but I'm asking how you see that,(when). I think that if I was born in 1926 and this is 2020 then nothing I did in my 96 years saved me. What saved me and when was when Jesus came and was crucified,buried and raised from the dead and saved me.

I see when I look at those around me that some think that they were saved at some point from when they were born until however old they are. This doesn't make sense to me though because if they say that they were saved at the Cross then they either can believe they were saved at the cross or if they don't then they will say when in their life they were saved instead.
I believe one is saved the moment one accept by faith the Jesus died on the cross for his sins and rose again on the 3rd day.

That moment you believe is the moment you were born again.

E

eternally-gratefull

I only agreed with his evidence of conversion post. But to you and others that means I endorse him in everything and must be attacked, ganged up on and ridiculed. It is a convenient out for all of you.

Sadly any of your sides rebuttals are out of context Scriptures, so no, you've offered zero refutation and have shown zero errors on my part. But do provide some actual quotes where you think this happened.

Please go read "The Potters Freedom." You'll see why I make these statements, all of yours and others arguments against the doctrines of grace are Scriptures used out of context. Every single time.

Yes, you are mouthy, very mouthy, in an ungodly manner, multiple times per day, a lifestyle of yours, a lack of the fruit of the spirit, no self control. James says your religion is vain, argue with that scripture, or submit and repent.

Go read the book and get with me.
And you were wrong, as shown with a post or two, of course you refuse to even acknowledge or respond to them because as usual you will not respond to anything you know you can not refute.