Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 28, 2016
You mean the Strong's and Vines aren't even close. I don't need to Google something that I know nothing about,I have the most up to date Strong's and Vines books sitting in front of me. These aren't my opinions I'm enlightening you with , I'm copying the definitions word for word, written by the world's leading Greek scholars.

Oh , and the 33 years of study on this topic at a Stanford University level of teaching, ya I know , what a joke!

Why don't you wake up in he morning and go tell a brain surgeon how to understand his life's work.
Um, Strongs and Vines aren’t the worlds leading Greek scholars.

33 years under some alleged and unnamed "Stanford level” of study and you still don’t know nor do you believe the Gospel.

Here’s something for you: Many of us are fully aware that teachings and degrees from politically correct universities are useless and do not carry any type of credibility or honor any longer. You don’t believe in Christ, you believe in yourself. That’s exactly what you’ve learned from your pseudo “Stanford level” “education." Trying to label your education that “high” without actually naming where is just as fake as you and your false gospel. You should ask for a refund.

E

EleventhHour

Well good luck with Google. Funny how someone as myself goes out of his way to give you something more important than you can ever know. Spends hours and hours trying to persuade you, and you turn to Google and trust someone who you don't know a thing about and wouldn't give you the time of day .

So be it!

Still waiting to hear from you RebuildJesuschurch.
Appeal to authority is a well known logical fallacy when making an assertion.. prove your assertion based on scripture

You have stated you know Greek and refer to the original manuscripts ... if you studied under this professor you should be able to present his argument...and not only keep referring to one definition from Vines.

P

Pisteuo

Inform anyone you want they’re wrong, I couldn’t care less.

I live by the words of Jesus Christ, and am empowered by the Holy Spirit. Anyone who believes in Jesus Christ has eternal life. Semantics be damned.
Their own words will convict them.

Selah

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
Appeal to authority is a well known logical fallacy when making an assertion.. prove your assertion based on scripture

You have stated you know Greek and refer to the original manuscripts ... if you studied under this professor you should be able to present his argument...and not only keep referring to one definition from Vines.
It's also often paired with ad populum... "ALLLLLLL the experts agree"

Are you really a brain surgeon?

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
So since you don't actually have a rebuttal to what he is sharing you share your subjective opinion about his post and him.
Um, Strongs and Vines aren’t the worlds leading Greek scholars.

33 years under some alleged and unnamed "Stanford level” of study and you still don’t know nor do you believe the Gospel.

Here’s something for you: Many of us are fully aware that teachings and degrees from politically correct universities are useless and do not carry any type of credibility or honor any longer. You don’t believe in Christ, you believe in yourself. That’s exactly what you’ve learned from your pseudo “Stanford level” “education." Trying to label your education that “high” without actually naming where is just as fake as you and your false gospel. You should ask for a refund.
An excerpt From the BDAG On the Greek word for Believe

1 to consider someth. to be true and therefore worthy of one’s trust, believe.....

2 to entrust oneself to an entity in complete confidence, believe (in), trust, w. implication of total commitment to the one who is trusted. In our lit. God and Christ are objects of this type of faith that relies on their power and nearness to help, in addition to being convinced that their revelations or disclosures are true. The obj. is,.....

P

Pisteuo

EH, you can't even accept the definition of what NT Faith is.

I ache to share the gold that my piers and I have mined from God's word!

What I'm sharing with you is basic truths about responding to the call of the Father and study of Gods word. This is first day of school teaching!

If you won't accept the Faith requirements God has put into place, there is nothing else we can talk about. I have to walk you through this, from the start!

Dec 12, 2013
Hi all.

Prayers please.

Today I was diagnosed with glaucoma.
It's secondary as as result of pigment dispersion syndrome.
Quite rare but can be aggressive.

It seems for me it is aggressive, mainly in the left eye but not the right eye.
He migo...will pray for you...once it gets so bad they can put new lenses in right? And I know many "religionists" will argue, but I have heard and know people that have had success with medical weed to help manage the side effects.....just saying!

Tellion

Jan 8, 2003
He migo...will pray for you...once it gets so bad they can put new lenses in right? And I know many "religionists" will argue, but I have heard and know people that have had success with medical weed to help manage the side effects.....just saying!
Not that I'm an advocate for the stuff, but I'm convinced it's been villainized probably more than is necessary.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Their own words will convict them.

Selah
On the contrary, Jesus specifically states that whoever proclaims Him before others, He will proclaim to the Father. That means no conviction or condemnation for people who believe in Jesus.

E

EleventhHour

EH, you can't even accept the definition of what NT Faith is.

I ache to share the gold that my piers and I have mined from God's word!

What I'm sharing with you is basic truths about responding to the call of the Father and study of Gods word. This is first day of school teaching!

If you won't accept the Faith requirements God has put into place, there is nothing else we can talk about. I have to walk you through this, from the start!
You know .. the Gospel is not hidden knowledge ...sad that you make it that way.

I am sure God is not impressed.

P

Pisteuo

So since you don't actually have a rebuttal to what he is sharing you share your subjective opinion about his post and him. An excerpt From the BDAG On the Greek word for Believe

1 to consider someth. to be true and therefore worthy of one’s trust, believe.....

2 to entrust oneself to an entity in complete confidence, believe (in), trust, w. implication of total commitment to the one who is trusted. In our lit. God and Christ are objects of this type of faith that relies on their power and nearness to help, in addition to being convinced that their revelations or disclosures are true. The obj. is,.....
Just saw your post, it falls in accordance with the other dictionarys I've presented. Total commitment to God and Christ, not His words and promises.

The Hebrew had two words for Faith, both pictorial. One, running to the shelter of a mother birds wings.( Emphasis on the continual act of running.). And two, the leaning on a staff.( Emphasis on the Continual leaning on the staff with all our weight behind it.) This is where the Greek word pisteuo was translated from.

Just " believing" I can run to the !others wings, or just" believing" I can lean on the staff with all my weight behind it, is not NT Faith.

Thanks for the post.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Just saw your post, it falls in accordance with the other dictionarys I've presented. Total commitment to God and Christ, not His words and promises.

The Hebrew had two words for Faith, both pictorial. One, running to the shelter of a mother birds wings.( Emphasis on the continual act of running.). And two, the leaning on a staff.( Emphasis on the Continual leaning on the staff with all our weight behind it.) This is where the Greek word pisteuo was translated from.

Just " believing" I can run to the !others wings, or just" believing" I can lean on the staff with all my weight behind it, is not NT Faith.

Thanks for the post.
You are welcome Pisteuo.
BDAG is a good buy. I bought my book for 100 dollars used.
The program I post with was 150.
Both Well worth the money.

If you ever need something looked up let me know.

The same goes for anyone here.

P

Pisteuo

On the contrary, Jesus specifically states that whoever proclaims Him before others, He will proclaim to the Father. That means no conviction or condemnation for people who believe in Jesus.
There's no such thing as" believing" in Christ for salvation. I thought we established that.