Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EleventhHour

So sorry...

Thank you for the explanation...
Your comment was confusing to me.

I think it would be confusing to any one who might decide to take a look at this thread...they too, not knowing you and your relationship with eleventh hour would confuse your comment to mean that you were boasting in your works...
Boasting or not boasting is really not an issue the way you seem to think it is.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
In order that it's righteousness of it would be established and men would be aware of the sin that they are accused of, so the wicked would receive justice.
I think Jesus was trying to show how the law could not make us righteous, because it was not made for that purpose

I am confused why a gentleman does not understand the law and the offering of sacrifice. and a lamb without blemish, as a means as to why Jesus had to obey the law.
My post was due to the above posters response regarding why Jesus had to fulfill the law (eleventh hourś question)...I wanted him to see that JESUS....magnified the LAW...and in fact, in Matthew 5, clearly states that those who have Moses'Law, think they have life, but do not do the thing that they should do...which is come to HIM...

E

eternally-gratefull

My post was due to the above posters response regarding why Jesus had to fulfill the law (eleventh hourś question)...I wanted him to see that JESUS....magnified the LAW...and in fact, in Matthew 5, clearly states that those who have Moses'Law, think they have life, but do not do the thing that they should do...which is come to HIM...
Yes, Sorry I was agreeing with you and adding my comments to try to compliment yours.. sorry if I confused you

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
The truth is God is not bringing us to completion.. it is already completed.

Jesus "sat" when He was done.
Weŕe not sitting though...and we are GODś WORKMANSHIP created in CHRIST JESUS unto good works which HE prepared in advance that we should walk in...it is promised that He who began the good work in us...will bring it to completion...

E

eternally-gratefull

Iḿ sorry...I know I need to loosen up...I really don´t know how to...it´s always been my personality to be too serious...
don't feel bad, I have this same problem !! I have to catch myself. or hope someone tells me before I get to far out..lol

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I do believe, I also recognize that many who think themselves saved do not truly know the Lord. This happens in both camps. My issue with OSAS isn't theological it's practical. We aren't given a sign when we are sealed and saved during this lifetime so unless we are aware that sin could lead us astray we must be careful to walk after the faith. If the work is truly His we will be saved, but eternal security must be counter balanced with calls for righteous living and the truth that works are required of us.
I agree with the first two sentences. AND WE KNOW THAT PHONIES are sown amongst the WHEAT. Why do we Condone it, unless they are trying to GET OTHERS TO FOLLOW THEM ? ? ?

Our LORD is in the BUSINESS of CONVERTING TARES INTO WHEAT.

Romans 10:14-18 (HCSB)
14 But how can they call on Him they have not believed in? And how can they believe without hearing about Him? And how can they hear without a preacher?
15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: How beautiful are the feet of those who announce the gospel of good things!
16 But all did not obey the gospel. For Isaiah says, Lord, who has believed our message?
17 So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the message about Christ.
18 But I ask, “Did they not hear?” Yes, they did: Their voice has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the inhabited world.

The only reason I cannot agree with your statement: We aren't given a sign when we are sealed and saved is you left off the rest of the verse, and then inserted your dogma. Don't get your feathers ruffled, hear me out.

Ephesians 4:30 (NKJV)
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God,
by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

You left off FOR THE DAY OF REDEMPTION. However, I think I have discovered the ERROR that is a Stumbling Block for you.
You in error, think SALVATION and Sanctification are the same thing, don't you ? ? ?
They are NOT!

SALVATION is of the Human Spirit ONLY, the moment you first genuinely Believed, it CAME IN your HEART, the Human Spirit Completely.

SANCTIFICATION begins AFTER YOU ARE SAVED, and is a life long struggle, to walk as JESUS WALKED, out of pure AGAPE LOVE FOR HIM.

See my recent post: #131,723 for more details about what I believe and PROOF SALVATION is only of the Human Spirit.

E

EleventhHour

Weŕe not sitting though...and we are GODś WORKMANSHIP created in CHRIST JESUS unto good works which HE prepared in advance that we should walk in...and He who began the good work in us...will bring it to completion...
We do sit.. we are complete...our works do not purify us as you seem to suggest.
This is not a quota to be fulfilled that is not what Paul is stating.

“He also raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavens in Christ Jesus.” (Ephesians 2:6)

Read it all in context.
Paul is not speaking about temporal works

This is about the message of the Gospel .. it is DONE

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
So sorry...

Thank you for the explanation...
Your comment was confusing to me.

I think it would be confusing to any one who might decide to take a look at this thread...they too, not knowing you and your relationship with eleventh hour would confuse your comment to mean that you were boasting in your works...
It’s absolutely all good. I love your zeal and passion for the Lord. Keep fighting the good fight beloved, sharing the Gospel Truth as you do. You are definitely a blessing to everyone.
😎🙏

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
We do sit.. we are complete...our works do not purify us as you seem to suggest.
This is not a quota to be fulfilled that is not what Paul is stating.

“He also raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavens in Christ Jesus.” (Ephesians 2:6)

Read it all in context.
Paul is not speaking about temporal works
Itś not our works that purify us...it´s GOD who purifies...and HE purifies whom HE chooses to purify so that faith will rest entirely in HIM...

I did not say it is OUR WORKS that purify...

Itś HIS WORK...and we are HIS WORK...and HE will do what HE will do to bring us to completion...and that completion is growing up into THE HEAD...unto the full measure of CHRIST fit for every good work...which HE alone prepared in advance for ALONE...HIS GLORY

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Jesus sat when HE was done...itś' HIS WORK...
We did not have a part in HIS SAVING WORK...yet we were still called to go...and when HE led captivity in HIS TRAIN,HE gave gifts all according to HIS PURPOSE...but those works, which HE prepared in advance, are for HIS GLORY and the building up of HIS BODY...

We are not sitting, we are not a lazy servant, we are out there doing the work we were called to do...

But, again it´ś HIS WORK and it is for the building up of HIS BODY....not our own

E

EleventhHour

Itś not our works that purify us...it´s GOD who purifies...and HE purifies whom HE chooses to purify so that faith will rest entirely in HIM...

I did not say it is OUR WORKS that purify...

Itś HIS WORK...and we are HIS WORK...and HE will do what HE will do to bring us to completion...and that completion is growing up into THE HEAD...unto the full measure of CHRIST fit for every good work...which HE alone prepared in advance for ALONE...HIS GLORY
We are not being purified. We are pure in Christ.

We live out what has already been completed in us. We are already in Christ and He in Us.

The flesh is damaged goods.

Ephesians is about receiving the gift and entering into what is DONE in Him.

E

EleventhHour

Jesus sat when HE was done...itś' HIS WORK...
We did not have a part in HIS SAVING WORK...yet we were still called to go...and when HE led captivity in HIS TRAIN,HE gave gifts all according to HIS PURPOSE...but those works, which HE prepared in advance, are for HIS GLORY and the building up of HIS BODY...

We are not sitting, we are not a lazy servant, we are out there doing the work we were called to do...

But, again it´ś HIS WORK and it is for the building up of HIS BODY....not our own
We did not have a part in HIS SAVING WORK
Well we do once we are saved.

I think you are missing it... oh well.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
We are not being purified. We are pure in Christ.

We live out what has already been completed in us. We are already in Christ and He in Us.

The flesh is damaged goods.

Ephesians is about receiving the gift and entering into what is DONE in Him.
Please read peters letters

I also think you should recall Daniel 11

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
You making some assumptions here.:rolleyes:
I am actually not impressed.
Daniel 11

Some of the wise will fall so as to be made pure for the time of the end...
Do you have any idea of the works that will occur at the time of the end

And do you have any idea what the wise will have to do?

To remain wise, that is...

I don´t believe that you do...